Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The new b!tch!!! 1998 Cobra Faleen! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The new b!tch!!! 1998 Cobra Faleen!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I finally made up my mind and decided to jump into a 32v mustang. Although the Bullitt has always appealed to me, I've always wanted a 32v motor and what better than to have the sexiness of a white sn95, with a Saleen's appearance, and a cobra's performance! Sooooo..I opted for the best of both worlds and picked up a 1998 Cobra Faleen. Its pretty much stock with 4:30 gears, genuine Saleen kit and wheels, Borla Saleen exhaust, Recaro seats, MM lower control arms, a laundry list of maintenance (ie: Remanufactured heads by Ford dealer, clutch, rack and pinion, etc.)

I "plan" to keep this one in the family for a while...my wife said "I actually like this one," so I think it'll be hard to let it go [Big Grin] Let me know what you think [patriot]

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ June 06, 2010, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice! How much u pick it up for?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you buy that from a swol black dude from sac

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks very nice ian.you should sale me those seats tho lol
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:

II guess he was swol haha...I was actually dealing with his wife when we were doing the sale, but yea he was some football player black dude [Big Grin]

Seats aint going nowhere [Razz]

Price...i negotiated but cant disclose the final price [Wink]

--------------------

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice car congrats!!!! The seats are sick and i'm dig'n the rims.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks sick

i give it a month before its up for sale [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice! Looks like a keeper.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
1_raw_95
¯
Member # 9527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1_raw_95  Ford pictures for 1_raw_95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice ride man seats are super clean

--------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>KinG CoBRa<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You did good, very nice... but I see you in a Bullitt when you sell this one...hahaha

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
You did good, very nice... but I see you in a Bullitt when you sell this one...hahaha

That may be the "future" move...or a Mach 1 [Big Grin]

--------------------

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow can I have first dibs?iam just saying...nice ride bro.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice man very clean
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

II guess he was swol haha...I was actually dealing with his wife when we were doing the sale, but yea he was some football player black dude [Big Grin]

maybe it was his boy that was swol they were both talking to like it was their car they had a shit load of paper work on it

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice! way better than a bullitt! [Razz] robert haha

but really ,sydeways sick car bro [patriot]

[ June 06, 2010, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

maybe it was his boy that was swol they were both talking to like it was their car they had a shit load of paper work on it
Yea, when we hooked up he was with his boy (with dreads), but the owner was the "swol" guy with short hair. I think his name was Trey or something.

And yes, I got all the paperwork for it [Big Grin] So did you check it out when it was for sale?

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks F'n clean Ian. Keep this 1, because man this 1 tops all of your previous rides IMO. I like how the grill still has the pony badge & not the snake badge in its place. I always thought the pony filled the grill area better than the snake. Those are 2000 R seats too aren't they?

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Looks F'n clean Ian. Keep this 1, because man this 1 tops all of your previous rides IMO. I like how the grill still has the pony badge & not the snake badge in its place. I always thought the pony filled the grill area better than the snake. Those are 2000 R seats too aren't they?

Thanks Dustin...yea this one has it all in terms of performance and looks. I seriously think I'm keeping this one. My daughter saw it and liked it too...and she's 3 yrs old [Big Grin] Plus, my wife said she likes it, which is a first even after all my other "clean/nice" mustangs in the past...so yea, it's a keeper. Yes, they're 2000 cobra R seats. (its funny, the guy i got it from was like,"yea, I'd throw some leather on it. These are uncomfrtable, but its up to you..." HAHAHA, i was like yea, I wish you had the stock leather seats instead [Razz] Like I said, dude didnt know jack shit about the car...all he knew was that he had binders full of receipts from the original owner [Roll Eyes] )

I plan to do a couple things to it but not much...it'll stay tame [Wink]

[ June 06, 2010, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Little bit of Griggs in the future....hmm hmm!?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Little bit of Griggs in the future....hmm hmm!?

yup, or MM of course...whatever I can find a deal on. Thats basically all I would do to it as far as performance upgrades; suspension mods [worship]

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good pickup...beautiful car but i give u 3 months. [Razz]
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice choise [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice looking ride! Tags are cool and everything, no bullshit going on. Stock radio even. When's the blower coming?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the cobra saleen mix. Very unique.
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you ask him how the hell it was making 400+ HP? lol.

Did that car have white wheels on it before? Theres an exact twin running around forsale, cobra saleen for 11k. It looked so sick at the sierra college auto fair, i must have sat there for 10 mins starring at it. People probably thought i was a vegetable.

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com