Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Are we responsible for paying this???The Verdict is in... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Are we responsible for paying this???The Verdict is in...
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
(We're responsible for the airbag popping...the warranty is up and we're shit outta luck...forgot to mention parts and labor is roughly 1500)

03 Eddie Bower Expedition with 55k.

Wife started the car this morning and the "air bag" popped out on her....

Took it to Ford and they said they've never seen anything like this happen. The air bag light sensor was going off yesterday, which from what I understand means that the air bag shouldn't deploy.

Are we responsible for this or is a total defect and should Ford fix it for free.

The SRS warranty is 5yrs or 50k.

EDIT: THE CAR HAS NEVER BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT

[ January 23, 2006, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Krz88lx
¯
Member # 4261

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz88lx  Ford pictures for Krz88lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FORD should pay for it. imo
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think ford will and should hook it up.

That would have scared the shit out of me had it happened to me. One thing tho, I had a 99 Expedition and some kind of faulty electrical thing happened that I thought ford was going to be responsible for but it turned out that people I had install my tvs and crap had messed up and tapped into the wrong wire for juice so it ended up messing up something. Make sure if you had some aftermarket stereo or electrical work done that you have a warranty for that too. Expeditions are kinda bitchy about that stuff.

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford should fix it for free cuz it was a porblem with the car and wasn't somehting you did.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did it actually deploy full strength? If so I would think they would be worried about a lawsuit. It could of really hurt her.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
Ford should fix it for free cuz it was a porblem with the car and wasn't somehting you did.

I agree

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

hard60
¯
Member # 6247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hard60  Ford pictures for hard60    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if its out of warranty, you are going to have to cover it. i am not trying to be negative, but just being realistic
Posts: 94 | From: santa clara | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Technically your warrenty has expired but if you fight it you should be able to get it replaced for free.
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Technically your warrenty has expired but if you fight it you should be able to get it replaced for free.

I agree with this...I understand that our warranty had expired...but it's not like my radio stopped working or the the power window broke, the air bag popped in her face. It's not like the part was worn down from use. Imagine if she was driving and it popped. What if she got into an accident because of it. And yes I think she shit her pants too. She said she thought that someone shot her... [Eek!]

--------------------

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

I agree with this...I understand that our warranty had expired...but it's not like my radio stopped working or the the power window broke, the air bag popped in her face. It's not like the part was worn down from use. Imagine if she was driving and it popped. What if she got into an accident because of it. And yes I think she shit her pants too. She said she thought that someone shot her... [Eek!]
If they don't cover it, see a lawyer.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
quote:
quote:

If they don't cover it, see a lawyer.
If they don't cover it, I'm gonna see someone that's for sure. BTW...their estimating it to be around 600.00 if we have to pay for it. [Mad]

--------------------

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn imagine if she were driving down the freeway and that happened! They should fix it but you'll probably have to fight them for it.

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The air bag light sensor was going off yesterday, which from what I understand means that the air bag shouldn't deploy.

Your warranty is up. No, if it happened when driving, coulda happened here, there, etc. Warranty is up. If your air bag light was flashing as you said it was prior, you should have looked into it right away. Something was wrong and you ignored it.

I'd guess that Ford will "work with you" on the price but don't think they should/would cover all of it.

Goodluck either way [patriot]

[ January 23, 2006, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

I understand...the light started flashing yesterday and today as the first chance we had to bring it in...

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I understand...the light started flashing yesterday and today as the first chance we had to bring it in...

Damn sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear she did'nt get hurt! [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If youre 5,000 miles out of your warranty and this happened, which shouldnt have and never really does, the dealer should cover it as goodwill to the customer. Try talking to the service manager, if that dosent work take it to another dealer.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks Marc...

So far the service guys at two different dealerships say that they've never seen something like this happen.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be extremely nice and respectful and hopefully they will help, but if you go in there with an attitude they can resort to the "black n white" of the warranty.

[ January 23, 2006, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Be extremely nice and respectful and hopefully they will help, but if you go in there with an attitude they can resort to the "black n white" of the warranty.

That is good advice. And if they deny you, start screaming. Make sure everyone hears you and make sure everyone (Customers) in there knows what happened.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have been a service manager for several years and this will be covered due to a safety issue and they should use your vehicle to inspect it and see if a recall needs to be put out. this will be fixed with no out of pocket expense due to safety issue. just press the safety issue [patriot]
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

That is good advice. And if they deny you, start screaming. Make sure everyone hears you and make sure everyone (Customers) in there knows what happened.
I'll definately be nice and courteous when I go in later today as I always am. But if they don't help out in any way, I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think...

Thanks 1fast89gt...I hope their thoughts are the same.

I needed that truck to tow my stang tomorrow too. [Frown]

--------------------

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
be calm but firm they have to remember that you are a customer glad no one was hurt i have never heard of that you may start some form of recall with this

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks man...I even sent in a letter to "7 on your Side" to see what they think.

--------------------

Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks man...I even sent in a letter to "7 on your Side" to see what they think.

Good move. If they dont come running to fix it after that hits the air waves, which they should, then get a lawyer. Thats what I would do.

Ford is damn lucky your wife didnt get injured when it deployed.

Sidenote.. did you have any elctrical work done to the vehicle? Car audio? Lighting? A/V? If you had ANY kind of aftermarket electrical done you could probably kiss that $600 goodbye and pay for a new airbag. IMO.

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I was just going to suggest that, and maybe try the better business bereau if that dont work.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com