Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2 1/2 weeks after sold fox i got a house... (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2 1/2 weeks after sold fox i got a house...
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
venomous, it sucks, but your buddy will not get out of his pmi without a refi. My house went up 200k, not speculated I actually paid for an appraisal, requested pmi removal and was denied due to the minimum length requirement. I opted to refi to a conventional and drop the pmi.

When you paid for the appraisal what was the process? Did you just call a lender and asked them for an appraisal? Was the cost pretty reasonable?

Bought home last year put 5% down and smaller homes with less amenities are selling nearly 10% over what we paid! I'm thinking next spring we can get out from our PMI if the market holds.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
quote:
venomous, it sucks, but your buddy will not get out of his pmi without a refi. My house went up 200k, not speculated I actually paid for an appraisal, requested pmi removal and was denied due to the minimum length requirement. I opted to refi to a conventional and drop the pmi.

When you paid for the appraisal what was the process? Did you just call a lender and asked them for an appraisal? Was the cost pretty reasonable?

Bought home last year put 5% down and smaller homes with less amenities are selling nearly 10% over what we paid! I'm thinking next spring we can get out from our PMI if the market holds.

appraisals go for 300-500 depending on the type of property and appraiser. even if you get your own appraisal, the lender who will be funding your loan will order their own appraisal regardless if you provide one. to avoid wasting money on an appraisal that will be repeated, i suggest you get a feel for the market by monitoring recent sales comparable to your property or check zillow and then discuss w/ the bank you plan to refi w/ if your property has a good chance of meeting the LTV requirements.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
quote:

appraisals go for 300-500 depending on the type of property and appraiser. even if you get your own appraisal, the lender who will be funding your loan will order their own appraisal regardless if you provide one. to avoid wasting money on an appraisal that will be repeated, i suggest you get a feel for the market by monitoring recent sales comparable to your property or check zillow and then discuss w/ the bank you plan to refi w/ if your property has a good chance of meeting the LTV requirements.
Not too bad on the cost but I'll save my money since it doesn't seem we are close enough to 20% equity.

I check the zip realty app to see what hits the market and right now houses hit the market and go know contract in about a week where I live. It's awesome!

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
quote:

Not too bad on the cost but I'll save my money since it doesn't seem we are close enough to 20% equity.

I check the zip realty app to see what hits the market and right now houses hit the market and go know contract in about a week where I live. It's awesome!

Same boat as you. Bought my house last year with 8% down conventional loan. But dont wait until next year if u want to refi and remove the pmi. Next year the interest rate will be up again. Im waiting a few more months so my home can be up in the 20% so i can refi for a bit lower interest and remove the pmi.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Contact a good lender, They can do market research and will have a good idea if you are over 20 percent, if you end up doing the refi, I believe the appraisal was 400-500...good luck
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
Same boat as you. Bought my house last year with 8% down conventional loan. But dont wait until next year if u want to refi and remove the pmi. Next year the interest rate will be up again. Im waiting a few more months so my home can be up in the 20% so i can refi for a bit lower interest and remove the pmi. [/QB]

They could raise rates but then again they say this every year and the feds don't do anything. I'll hope they keep rates at 0 so more people can buy homes in a sellers market. I'll email and see what the lender says.

quote:
Contact a good lender, They can do market research and will have a good idea if you are over 20 percent, if you end up doing the refi, I believe the appraisal was 400-500...good luck

Thanks. We're still in contact with our original lender and loan servicer. We will use them again when it's time to have the PMI dropped and if it's economical to actually refinance for a better rate or keep what we have.

--------------------

fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ibtl
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The fed rate has nothing to do with mortgage rates unless you have a heloc.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just sac it up and put the 20% down.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:

Being married to a finance major and having a father as an accountant...this advice is the best thing to consider when purchasing a home. If you don't have 20% down... You are not financially ready to purchase a home.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SVTGhoust:
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:

Being married to a finance major and having a father as an accountant...this advice is the best thing to consider when purchasing a home. If you don't have 20% down... You are not financially ready to purchase a home.
+10000....that and having at least 6 months of reserve cash in case something freak happens to your financial situation.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com