Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2 1/2 weeks after sold fox i got a house... (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2 1/2 weeks after sold fox i got a house...
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very dreadful , but realistic unfortunately......
Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy415:
Very dreadful , but realistic unfortunately......

Yes haha

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
^ Don't borrow against your 401k. Under very very very rare situations should you ever take money early out of your 401k.

I disagree. Most 401K programs allow you to take a loan against your 401K net vested assets at a very low interest rate with no penalties for a first time home buyer.
I have to agree with you.
http://m.kiplinger.com/article/credit/T001-C000-S002-reasons-not-to-borrow-from-a-401-k.html

Just a small straight to the point article dealing with taking a loan against your 401k. You're better off lowering the % you're putting in while you set more money aside for a home. Starting next year I will be finacially stable enough to max out my 401k contributions. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
^ Don't borrow against your 401k. Under very very very rare situations should you ever take money early out of your 401k.

I disagree. Most 401K programs allow you to take a loan against your 401K net vested assets at a very low interest rate with no penalties for a first time home buyer.
http://m.kiplinger.com/article/credit/T001-C000-S002-reasons-not-to-borrow-from-a-401-k.html

Just a small straight to the point article dealing with taking a loan against your 401k. You're better off lowering the % you're putting in while you set more money aside for a home. Starting next year I will be finacially stable enough to max out my 401k contributions. [Big Grin]

buy making a small down payment you may need to get
mortgage insurance an that could be 300 on up each month. Or would like to take that 300+ a month an use it make investments in to your future.

Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

exactly...ppl just dont undersatnd on how all that translates when u pull money out and get all scared about pmi and shiet. pmi aint the end of the world and eventually will go away when u either refi or meet the term requirements.
FHA makes it pretty damn affordable to get a home on very little down.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

exactly...ppl just dont undersatnd on how all that translates when u pull money out and get all scared about pmi and shiet. pmi aint the end of the world and eventually will go away when u either refi or meet the term requirements.

Paying long mortgage's is for suckers.an refinance your house every couple years an it will never be paid off.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Screw pmi, and stop giving false information, PMI is for the life of the loan now on fha loans, it does not go away without a refi.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I plan on having enough saved up to do a standard and paying it off in 20 years. When I decide to retire, I don't want a morgage on my home or rental properties. I'd rather stay in a higher tax bracket and pay the tax...... But know I own all my properties outright. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I plan on having enough saved up to do a standard and paying it off in 20 years. When I decide to retire, I don't want a morgage on my home or rental properties. I'd rather stay in a higher tax bracket and pay the tax...... But know I own all my properties outright. [patriot]

I dont mind all the write offs, I am around 13k just on taxes/intr.
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's tough out there for sure. I got super lucky and scored a 15 year loan. Got 11 left. Look forward to paying that off so I can be very irresponsible with money lol.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
It's tough out there for sure. I got super lucky and scored a 15 year loan. Got 11 left. Look forward to paying that off so I can be very irresponsible with money lol.

thats awesome, side note, did you take the 70 stang to the tracy street races off mountain house?
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:

Well season tickets for the Raiders is only like 500 bucks so you could pre pay a few seasons. [Razz]
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
quote:

thats awesome, side note, did you take the 70 stang to the tracy street races off mountain house?
Haha yea, those were the days

--------------------
The anti-crew

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

quote:
quote:

Well season tickets for the Raiders is only like 500 bucks so you could pre pay a few seasons. [Razz]
Shit cheap seats are like $280 for the season. lol

--------------------
The anti-crew

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Screw pmi, and stop giving false information, PMI is for the life of the loan now on fha loans, it does not go away without a refi.
might want to do ur research about pmi and fha loans. pmi for the life of an fha loan is ridiculously false information. do u even know what the point is of having pmi? as far as it going away on a refi...depends on whether you meet the equity requirements.

i dont speak by my own personal experience in terms of pmi and fha loans as i opted to go with 20% down on my home. that said, reading up sure does help. [Razz]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Paying long mortgage's is for suckers.an refinance your house every couple years an it will never be paid off.
refinancing a home isnt exactly a bad thing especially if you're getting a more favorable rate and term. having a mortgage isnt something to be scared of as long as u play your cards right.
paying off mortages entirely on some properties is the last thing on my mind as far as finances are concerned.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

might want to do ur research about pmi and fha loans. pmi for the life of an fha loan is ridiculously false information. do u even know what the point is of having pmi? as far as it going away on a refi...depends on whether you meet the equity requirements.

i dont speak by my own personal experience in terms of pmi and fha loans as i opted to go with 20% down on my home. that said, reading up sure does help. [Razz]

Sorry Venemous but you are wrong. FHA required PMI is now for the life of the note. The only way out is to refinance which in the next 5-10 years will be impossible as interest rates are only going to go up making it almost impossible to refinance and lower your payment. The government is counting on this so they can pocket PMI money until the loan is paid in full.
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry Venemous but you are wrong. FHA required PMI is now for the life of the note. The only way out is to refinance which in the next 5-10 years will be impossible as interest rates are only going to go up making it almost impossible to refinance and lower your payment. The government is counting on this so they can pocket PMI money until the loan is paid in full.
wow..if thats true thats some jacked up shiet. all the crap i read about it was ud request for pmi cancellation when you're about to meet the equity requirements(20% or whatever it is) or just refi if youve also met the equity.

buddy of mine bought in mid 2011 with an fha loan and fast forward 3 years, hes ready to get out of his fha as his house has gone up near +$350k over the purchase price. gotta love the bay..

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

venomous, it sucks, but your buddy will not get out of his pmi without a refi. My house went up 200k, not speculated I actually paid for an appraisal, requested pmi removal and was denied due to the minimum length requirement. I opted to refi to a conventional and drop the pmi.
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacGrown89GT  Ford pictures for SacGrown89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pmi goes away after 20% of loan is paid and you do a refi.

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"No but its faster than your shoes"
"...."

Posts: 699 | From: SacGROWNmento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

refinancing a home isnt exactly a bad thing especially if you're getting a more favorable rate and term. having a mortgage isnt something to be scared of as long as u play your cards right.
paying off mortages entirely on some properties is the last thing on my mind as far as finances are concerned.

Personal I like to own everything out right if I can an I try to pay off any loans I get the fastest as I can. But that just me.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unless you have a conventional loan which only requires an appraisal and not refying the loan.

FHA loans are for people with either bad credit or too impatient to save the extra 1.5% down.

[ 2015-05-04, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: 135.0 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Unless you have a conventional loan which only requires an appraisal and not refying the loan.

FHA loans are for people with either bad credit or too impatient to save the extra 1.5% down.

Correct, I am speaking fha-conventional.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by SacGrown89GT:
Pmi goes away after 20% of loan is paid and you do a refi.

LOL whaaaa? if you refi to a conventional loan, the original loan does not need to be paid down 20 percent...you could have paid 25 dollars and if the new appraised value to balance owed has an acceptable ltv (20 percent equity) Then you will have no pmi.

[ 2015-05-04, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: 5.t0es ]

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
venomous, it sucks, but your buddy will not get out of his pmi without a refi. My house went up 200k, not speculated I actually paid for an appraisal, requested pmi removal and was denied due to the minimum length requirement. I opted to refi to a conventional and drop the pmi.

yeah what i read was its a combination of meeting the equity requirements and the time frame stated in the loan terms. my buddy plans to refi or just sell to take advantage of this crazy ass market.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com