Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sacramento's 05 darkhorse gets an ON3 TURBO!!! (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Sacramento's 05 darkhorse gets an ON3 TURBO!!!
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
What is the Sarge going to do when he has to smog his 05 turbo GT since the 0n 3 turbo kit is not smog legal?

Has anyone ever read anything good from this guy? God you bug me.

How do you plan on getting your T trim smogged?

Dude never has anything constructive to add. EVER.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarge  Ford pictures for Sarge  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
now to address the smog thing, my cars registered in central point oregon where theres no emissions laws. got it covered cobra homie. however if you can only register in an area which requires smog, dont buy this kit... theres no way you could ever make it legal.

--------------------
HP 05 Stang GT with *your signiture is too long* worth of mods...
Sincerely, Sarge

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
High compression plus boost equals kaboom!! But u never stated your CR(compression ratio) but u did say it was high

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:
High compression plus boost equals kaboom!! But u never stated your CR(compression ratio) but u did say it was high

For noobs like you it does casey
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarge  Ford pictures for Sarge  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
10:5:1 brian cowler or cower or something like that. im not running high compression anymore. like i said i reverted back to stock and sold the parts. im just running the stock 9:8:1. we're getting off topic again.

anyway i took apart my wastegate today to inspect the shaft. shaft looked good but i discovered that the diaphragm was pinched, i assume during assembly. infortunately it has a small crack but it doesnt go all the way through. i tried contacting on3 today by calling but couldnt get in contact that way so i emailed them through ebay and am waiting for a responce...
on another not my fuel pump is officially underway as of today courtacy of S&H performance.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

So i emailed mustang and fast ford magazine. I want to turn this into an actual article and get it published. We'll see what they say

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone who has served in combat should be given the right to be smog exempt. " Cobraracer46" Go suck JerryBrownsAsshole. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

quote:
Originally posted by *Als50*:
Anyone who has served in combat should be given the right to be smog exempt. " Cobraracer46" Go suck JerryBrownsAsshole. [Whoo Whooooo!]

Shit, then everyone would be trying to get in lmao

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

ok so i posted pics of the f'd up wastegate diaphragm riiiiight here vvvvvv

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010/276922-2005-mustang-gt-gets-on3performance-turbo-2.html

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that sucks. Hopefully ON3 will replace it.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The On3 failure begins

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

so at least the day ended with some good news! ive been talking a lot to s&h performance (the guys i ordered my fuel pump through) and they actually have a diaphragm for me and theyre trading it out for me! these guys freakin rock!!! also, i ordered my fuel pump last thursday, got shipped friday, I ALREADY HAVE IT! i emphasize, THESE GUYS FREAKIN ROCK!!!

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

So here's the update. On the first im buying the tuner. Im still trying to locate somewhere i can do the install but that may be me going out of town then towing back. I was going to do the install this weekend but plans fell through because of the rain and i ran out of money to buy those last minute parts you always find yourself needing. Postponed until further notice

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Patience is a virtue.
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Ok so after a couple set backs and almost loosing the project all together we're finally back on track. I've made a couple changes to the setup that cost a bit more money but heres the progress so far. Bought a mitsimoto (or however you spell it) radiator and the 14" thin fan is in the mail from AM. Also installed the fuel pump from S&H performance. Finally did the tuner swap and im now running the sct itsx with bama tuning from AM. I cannot stress this enough but that deal they offer is by far the best money ive ever spent on that car. Also i bought the 07-10 coolant setup which ran me round $250 with my employee discount through my dealership and im going to install it when i get the fan. Also im going to do away with the knockoff wastegate and bov and install a tial 38mm wastegate and tial 50mm bov and also upgrade the coils to the msd blaster packs as well as some spark plugs thatll run one heat range cooler. After that its install and tune time.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not buy the software and tune it yourself

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Theres a bigger picture in the future im working towards using my car as a ginnea pig and force fed being a part of. Its a loooong ways off but if i keep busting my ass everday and stick with my plan, one day ill be getting paid to do what i love. If i bought scts mapping program itd be pointless seeing as how id use it to tune my car 1 time then never use it again plus to be completely honest, i dont know how to use it and am nowhere near as experienced as billy is to make a good tune.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

WhiteMagicMerc
¯
Member # 4664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteMagicMerc  Ford pictures for WhiteMagicMerc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TPS Motorsports does the tuning i know someone with a turbo in her coupe and they tuned her car. If you take it there talk to jason he is a friend of mine and he is the general manager.

--------------------
~ Les~
157 HP @ 4200 RPM
240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM
"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power
1320 in 20 Mins
Capri: Is a Mustang With Hips And Class

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Our goal, like other shops, is not to make $$$, but to do the best job possible. Our goal is not to dominate thru quantity, it's quality we strive for.

Sometimes it's hard to find quality work from a shop, I've been to AED and you guys really do care about your customers and their cars. Keep up the good work guys.

I've been to some of the shops around the Dallas area here for tunes and have been like WTF is this? Some shotty work for top dollar and that pisses me off, I feel for the customer and the quality of work they're getting.

+1 dfw shops are pretty shitty. I usually work on my own cars (can't do gears so I'm forced to go to a shop). If I need a tune or major work I might try lethal performance or just take a trip to ca if possible. Haven't been all year.

Back on topic tho I have an 07 gt and wouldn't want to cheap out on something (ESP. Boost) and have to fix it after it fucks up already learned my lesson I'm lucky I'm just out a few hundred and not thousands. Reliable and fast are my priorities respectively. Just my 2 cents.

[ 2013-05-04, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: 90GT510 ]

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

9D where are they?

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

90gt yeah i agree to a point. If i was just looking to get it done i woulda just bought a centyfigual sc and gotten it over with. While yes they do work, ive had bad experiences with them in the past. Im taking my time and making sure i do things as close to right as possible for this build

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com