Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 100% original Roush failed smog. lol... (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 100% original Roush failed smog. lol...
Chilangoworrior00GT
¯
Member # 11344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chilangoworrior00GT  Ford pictures for Chilangoworrior00GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Quick question, I have an acufab tb and plenum on a 2000 gt, will it be a problem when i go to smog it?

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/chilangoworrior/featured

Posts: 238 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2011  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chilangoworrior00GT:
Quick question, I have an acufab tb and plenum on a 2000 gt, will it be a problem when i go to smog it?

Lets put it this way. If it doesn't have a carb number, you're screwed. lol

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lmao... alright, this is starting to get hilarious.

Here's a little update that should make you guys laugh.

I received an email back from Roush performance:

Michael,

We are checking with the production team to see what was the content back in 2004, however we do not believe that a Cold Air intake would’ve been part of our original content package.

The dealership may have changed this before delivery.

Steve

Thank You,
ROUSH Performance Products
Customer Service
39555 Schoolcraft Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: 800-59-ROUSH

He then sends me another email about 30 minutes after this email and it states:

Michael,

It was confirmed that it was not a part of our core components, however our production team is asking for a picture of the Cold Air intake kit to see if there is a Carb Label we can send out.

Steve

Thank You,

Customer Service
39555 Schoolcraft Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170

What makes me laugh about all of this, is that I have the original sale form, and it gives me a list of every single option that my car was equipped with from Roush and that list of options includes:

◾Window Window Banners (Front, Side & Rear)
◾Front Fascia
◾Rear Valences
◾Side Skirts
◾Rear Wing
◾Roush Emblems
◾Cold Air Induction
◾Roush Suspension System ◾Front & Rear Roush Valved Bilstein Shocks
◾Front & Rear Springs
◾Rear Lower Control Arms
◾Front & Rear Sway Bars
◾Pinion Snubber
◾High-Performance Exhaust System
◾Hand Crafted Stainless Steel Tips
◾Side Exit Exhaust Tips
◾18X9 front and 18x10.5″ Upgraded Chrome Roush Wheels & High Performance Tires
◾Embroidered Floor Mats
◾Custom Trunk Tool Box
◾Roush White Face Gauges
◾Roush Locking Lug nuts & Key
◾Roush CNC Aluminum Pedals

They're asking for a picture of the air intake, So I guess i'll send it to them and see what they say. But I doubt they have a carb number for a 10 year old air intake.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
Its just ridiculous. Yeah, I kinda laughed about the whole "using the internet to determine if my car's factory air intake is smog legal or not" but whatever.

anywho, just more headache I have to deal with. Anyone recommend a smog tech in the sacramento area that isn't a Nazi when it comes to an otherwise stock mustang? hahaha

There is a little hole in the wall place on auburn and twin oaks in citrus heights, only $30 and dude is cool
whats the name of the place in Auburn?
I cant remember the name, its in citrus heights right next to a tire shop on twin oaks and auburn blvd

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit dude! I can't be,I've all of this nonsense!

They'd better come through and make things right.

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

quote:
Originally posted by 95gtdrop:

Lol I know, its ridiculous.

Still waiting on a reply from them. I sent them an email with my attached Roush window sticker that includes all options ( clearly says Cold air induction ) And I also attached a picture or two of the air intake like they asked.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 95gtdrop:

Lol I know, its ridiculous.

Still waiting on a reply from them. I sent them an email with my attached Roush window sticker that includes all options ( clearly says Cold air induction ) And I also attached a picture or two of the air intake like they asked.

If that window sticker isn't proof enough, their heads must really be far up their asses.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If they don't come through my opinion of roush performance will go down the toilet.

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Lmao... alright, this is starting to get hilarious.

Here's a little update that should make you guys laugh.

I received an email back from Roush performance:

Michael,

We are checking with the production team to see what was the content back in 2004, however we do not believe that a Cold Air intake would’ve been part of our original content package.

The dealership may have changed this before delivery.

Steve

Thank You,
Customer Service
39555 Schoolcraft Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170

He then sends me another email about 30 minutes after this email and it states:

Michael,

It was confirmed that it was not a part of our core components, however our production team is asking for a picture of the Cold Air intake kit to see if there is a Carb Label we can send out.

Steve

Thank You,

Customer Service
39555 Schoolcraft Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170

What makes me laugh about all of this, is that I have the original sale form, and it gives me a list of every single option that my car was equipped with from Roush and that list of options includes:

◾Window Window Banners (Front, Side & Rear)
◾Front Fascia
◾Rear Valences
◾Side Skirts
◾Rear Wing
◾Roush Emblems
◾Cold Air Induction
◾Roush Suspension System ◾Front & Rear Roush Valved Bilstein Shocks
◾Front & Rear Springs
◾Rear Lower Control Arms
◾Front & Rear Sway Bars
◾Pinion Snubber
◾High-Performance Exhaust System
◾Hand Crafted Stainless Steel Tips
◾Side Exit Exhaust Tips
◾18X9 front and 18x10.5″ Upgraded Chrome Roush Wheels & High Performance Tires
◾Embroidered Floor Mats
◾Custom Trunk Tool Box
◾Roush White Face Gauges
◾Roush Locking Lug nuts & Key
◾Roush CNC Aluminum Pedals

They're asking for a picture of the air intake, So I guess i'll send it to them and see what they say. But I doubt they have a carb number for a 10 year old air intake.

sounds like they are trying to cover there asses.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The visual inspection of smog is just a bullshit thing anyway. Smog is all about the money nothing more, politicians don't care what comes out of your tailpipes as long as; you, the company that made the product, the car dealership, and the car maker pay the money that they want to help line their pockets.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
REPORT IT, they are about to cover their ass, now that you brought it to their attention they are going to check for every s2 and s3 sold in california. they could get into trouble. send every body to court hahaha even CARB themselves.
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Tracked down some interesting information:

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-418-1.pdf

this is a CARB/ARB investigation report that covers the 99-01 cold air intakes but not the 02-04 ones. They have other investigations that have passed for 05+ air intake. But nothing for an 02-04, not to mention this still doesn't give me a carb number, so it still probably wont pass.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just grab a 20 stock intake or one with a carb number then switch it back after smog. Seems like a lot of drama already.
svt3773
¯
Member # 4759

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt3773  Ford pictures for svt3773    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep with it. Make them make it right.

--------------------
1989 Ford Ranger

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I maybe be wrong here but I think you should be going after the dealer that sold the car, which maybe hard ten years later. Roush takes a factory car then they modify it themselves, it maybe sold at a ford dealer with the same warranty and such but it's not an original factory car like a svt or if it has ford racing parts on it. It's aftermarket parts, I've seen a few dealers selling k&n intakes for brand new cars as an add on. I think it's more on the dealer to make sure they are smog legal and not screw the customer down the line years later.

There are dealer options that don't fall in the scope as a factory option. I've seen dealers add leather and heated seats to cars where there was no option from the factory to do so. If the heated seat failed the warranty would be covered by the dealer themselves not ford for example. While this isn't the exact same it was the closest thing I could come up with.

Either way someone has to make this right for you and is some bs.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

I have a stock air intake that I'm borrowing to pass smog. But I just feel pretty silly putting something on my car that didn't even come with it off the lot. lol but we'll see.

Its somebody's fault. lol whether it be the dealer's or Roush. Its been 2 business days since I've heard from Roush. I'll probably just end up swapping the intake on and calling it good.

Perhaps I should just drive the car up to the future ford dealer and tell them whats up.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I have a stock air intake that I'm borrowing to pass smog. But I just feel pretty silly putting something on my car that didn't even come with it off the lot. lol but we'll see.

Its somebody's fault. lol whether it be the dealer's or Roush. Its been 2 business days since I've heard from Roush. I'll probably just end up swapping the intake on and calling it good.

Perhaps I should just drive the car up to the future ford dealer and tell them whats up.

I would an ask for the general manager. But call first an ask who the general manager is because salesman an sales manager's like to play like there the boss when most of them are the pond scum of the dealerships.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is just way too much drama for an air intake! Someone even said to go after the dealer?? for what, just change the intake or take it to another smog shop, hopefully the new shop will have some common sense.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Z06-FTMFW:
This is just way too much drama for an air intake! Someone even said to go after the dealer?? for what, just change the intake or take it to another smog shop, hopefully the new shop will have some common sense.

I guess you have no clue how the smog program has changed an if we don't fail cars it hurts are licences.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

I went to a shop in Roseville and discussed my situation with them. He told me from a "smog tech" point of view, there's no way I should have been failed on a vehicle that came off the lot with these ford factory certified mods. He basically told me the only reason a shop would deny my car is if they don't really know the answer if its legal or not. 9/10 they look for a carb number and if its not there, its not legal. But he mentioned the serial number and the emissions sticker on my inside door panel should've been plenty of information required to be smogged.

He also told me that the Roush air intake never went through the C.a.r.b process, but it was approved by the Air resource board and is legal.

So the car will be going to this tech in the morning.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good God!! What an ordeal! Glad to hear that. I think you found yourself a new smog tech!! [worship]
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Yeah... this whole situation is just retarded.

Hopefully guy helps me out. He gave me some BS about how "red fuel injectors" are not smog legal? and mine look pink / red... anyway, they're original. so hopefully dude isn't another dumbass.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
I went to a shop in Roseville and discussed my situation with them. He told me from a "smog tech" point of view, there's no way I should have been failed on a vehicle that came off the lot with these ford factory certified mods. He basically told me the only reason a shop would deny my car is if they don't really know the answer if its legal or not. 9/10 they look for a carb number and if its not there, its not legal. But he mentioned the serial number and the emissions sticker on my inside door panel should've been plenty of information required to be smogged.

He also told me that the Roush air intake never went through the C.a.r.b process, but it was approved by the Air resource board and is legal.

So the car will be going to this tech in the morning.

Is this person a smog tech that you spoke too.or just some guy at a shop.
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Roush passed smog, even with the cold air intake.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
Originally posted by Z06-FTMFW:

I guess you have no clue how the smog program has changed an if we don't fail cars it hurts are licences.
I guess I don't??? I think its wrong that If you don't fail cars it hurts your license.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com