Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » who wants a 4 eyed coyote? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: who wants a 4 eyed coyote?
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
I'm curious, how many people on this site have completed, or are building a Coyote swapped Fox, SN95, or anything for that matter?

Not many I guess!!
[Confused] [patriot]

Lol, yep.....I pretty much figured that was the case here.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm curious, how many people on this site have completed, or are building a Coyote swapped Fox, SN95, or anything for that matter?

Not many I guess!!
[Confused] [patriot]

How many coyote swaps under your belt ? How much did it cost you after it was done?
Just wanted to hear from your experiences in cost compared to the asking price of coyote swapped fox orginally posted, IMO I think this one is priced right

[ 2014-01-25, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Saleen 00-0768 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen 00-0768:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not many I guess!!
[Confused] [patriot]

How many coyote swaps under your belt ? How much did it cost you after it was done?
Just wanted to hear from your experiences in cost compared to the asking price of coyote swapped fox orginally posted, IMO I think this one is priced right

I'll let you know when I'm finished....
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen 00-0768:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not many I guess!!
[Confused] [patriot]

I'll let you know when I'm finished....
as others said im sure the fox posted has well over 30k and thats probably why not many are building them like this and because of the work it takes to do it right
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

"To do it right"..... That's the key there. Is it cheap, what's cheap to you? Can a simple coyote swap be done in a relatively affordable manner, yes! There is no reason you can't find a good take out motor, buy a cheap UPR K member, buy the computer/harness, and make it all work with a little time and effort. Most people would just rather bitch about it in one way or another and nit pick anyone's build they come across who has actually done it. I'm sure the owner of the car for sale at the start of this post doesn't give two shits what anyone here thinks.

It seems that most here bitch about the cost and smog. Well, there are plenty of people who can see the time and money invested in the car, and don't have any concern for smog. You see..... There are other states outside of California that smog is not an issue. Amazing concept really....

Carry on haters....

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
"To do it right"..... That's the key there. Is it cheap, what's cheap to you? Can a simple coyote swap be done in a relatively affordable manner, yes! There is no reason you can't find a good take out motor, buy a cheap UPR K member, buy the computer/harness, and make it all work with a little time and effort. Most people would just rather bitch about it in one way or another and nit pick anyone's build they come across who has actually done it. I'm sure the owner of the car for sale at the start of this post doesn't give two shits what anyone here thinks.

It seems that most here bitch about the cost and smog. Well, there are plenty of people who can see the time and money invested in the car, and don't have any concern for smog. You see..... There are other states outside of California that smog is not an issue. Amazing concept really....

Carry on haters....

well if it really was cheap to have a coyote motor in a fox built proper with top grade suspension and passing smog im sure you wouldn't be asking how many people on Cafords have done it
yea im sure you can cut corners the whole way and use upr products and "make it work" but then you still end up with a rather expensive build with second best components and who wants that?

doing it right is using the best components in your build, which the fox posted has and im sorry but 30-40k is not cheap

[ 2014-01-26, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Saleen 00-0768 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Carry on haters....

[patriot] [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For $26k, You can get a mint low mileage C5Z06!

[ 2014-01-26, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
For $26k, You can get a mint low mileage C5Z06!

And this car would outrun it everywhere. .back roads. .drag strip..etc

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO i think the swap would be cheaper if ford made this engine a mass production engine in other cars and trucks not just in the mustang. give it another 5-10 years this swap will be the new LS swap.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by diablounicorn:
IMO i think the swap would be cheaper if ford made this engine a mass production engine in other cars and trucks not just in the mustang. give it another 5-10 years this swap will be the new LS swap.

lets hope because: its been more than 10years since the 03 cobra first rolled out

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com