Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who goes to college? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who goes to college?
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Let's keep this post about college as the thread started intended. I got my degree in small business management at CSU Chico.

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To those who own their own business, what classes would you recommend taking? Im looking to start my own business in a few years and need to get pointed in the right direction.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Very funny. Its all good I gain nor lose anything whether folks believe me or not. And heellll naw I am not posting a damn thang. So you guys can have pics to laugh at my various hair cuts I had. And Dave let us not get into lies about ones life. I have everything on you from your drivers license number down to your social security number. I know EVERYTHING about you. I SMH at some of the things you say.

Good for you nate i have everything from your name job histroy to your house number an your ssn to.an really dont give a fuck about you nate the only thing i would like you to do is pay lee all the monies you owe him an past that is just bad histroy on a deal me an you had.just for fyi nate no one cares about you basketball or college education but you an that what should matter to you who cares what you may have or havent done
^^^ right....LOL. If you had all that you could easily post links to where I went to school. FAIL.

But anyway Dave this is a great post, let's leave it on track and not get it locked. No need in discussing matters that are not going anywhere. The forum/mods are tired of hearing about it.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.

+1.

1. I don't see why people on this forum feel that as an individual we have the "need" to provide them with personal information like house, phone, or any kind of "proof", just to make them feel better that your reality is their fantasy.

2. I think people who don't go/went to college shouldn't be posting in this thread unless he/she plans to go back to school or keeps it school related.

***So if you're illiterate and want to stay that way, GTFO! Stop ruining a good thread.

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Very funny. Its all good I gain nor lose anything whether folks believe me or not. And heellll naw I am not posting a damn thang. So you guys can have pics to laugh at my various hair cuts I had. And Dave let us not get into lies about ones life. I have everything on you from your drivers license number down to your social security number. I know EVERYTHING about you. I SMH at some of the things you say.

You are the epitome of the word Contradiction...I've seen stories, on HERE from YOU, talking about dunking on Labron James to now almost being in NASA...you're still in the ghetto in Stockton right? but you don't need public approval huh.... I get it now.....

and to stay on track: School is a definite plus...

I own my own business as well as work as a Software Engineer

I would have to be one of top 10% of Engineers to make even close to what my business clears in a year....but that's because I took a lot of what I learned about business management and a Business Life Cycle in school.

But it is also nice having a career that only schooling has provided and opened a lot of doors for me and my family

[ December 20, 2011, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

You are the epitome of the word Contradiction...I've seen stories, on HERE from YOU, talking about dunking on Labron James to now almost being in NASA...you're still in the ghetto in Stockton right? but you don't need public approval huh.... I get it now.....

I would have to be one of top 10% of Engineers to make even close to what my business clears in a year....but that's because I took a lot of what I learned about business management and a Business Life Cycle in school.

But it is also nice having a career that only schooling has provided and opened a lot of doors for me and my family

I am not sure why that is hard to believe (never met LBJ, But I did dunk on Terrell Owens at San Leandro 24hr fitness, back in 98...lol). And no I was never close to being at NASA. I was accepted to a robotics program them and GE sponsored. I was a collegiate athlete that took my education serious and saw an opportunity to get a free education and took it very seriously and maximized it. I guess it is unimaginable that you and I are some what in the same field? And also share the fact that we are business owners? I dunno what to say man. I live life. Even to this day I maximize all opportunities. I am in excellent health physically, mentally and spiritually. Oh yea and I coach basketball, still can hoop with the best of them and box. That must be the straw that broke the camels back... hahahaha.

Cheers gents, and Happy Holidays.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by g-ride14:
To those who own their own business, what classes would you recommend taking? Im looking to start my own business in a few years and need to get pointed in the right direction.

Business classes. Most colleges offer certificate programs as well. Where you learn bookkeeping, MS office and basic business management. That can get you going quickly. Good luck. A down economy is THE best time to start a business.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I am not sure why that is hard to believe (never met LBJ, But I did dunk on Terrell Owens at San Leandro 24hr fitness, back in 98...lol). And no I was never close to being at NASA. I was accepted to a robotics program them and GE sponsored. I was a collegiate athlete that took my education serious and saw an opportunity to get a free education and took it very seriously and maximized it. I guess it is unimaginable that you and I are some what in the same field? And also share the fact that we are business owners? I dunno what to say man. I live life. Even to this day I maximize all opportunities. I am in excellent health physically, mentally and spiritually. Oh yea and I coach basketball, still can hoop with the best of them and box. That must be the straw that broke the camels back... hahahaha.

Cheers gents, and Happy Holidays.

no backs broken here....you seem to be living the dream quite well

[ December 20, 2011, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Good for you nate i have everything from your name job histroy to your house number an your ssn to.an really dont give a fuck about you nate the only thing i would like you to do is pay lee all the monies you owe him an past that is just bad histroy on a deal me an you had.just for fyi nate no one cares about you basketball or college education but you an that what should matter to you who cares what you may have or havent done
^^^ right....LOL. If you had all that you could easily post links to where I went to school. FAIL.

But anyway Dave this is a great post, let's leave it on track and not get it locked. No need in discussing matters that are not going anywhere. The forum/mods are tired of hearing about it.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.

Why do i need to prove who you are?maybe to feed your ego or something,i just stating info is easy to get on people if know were to look an you seem to have lots of that.an i give you an hint so make you a better person dont brag about what you have done because no one cares in the internet world.

An for guys thinking about getting in the automotive feild go to a jc with a automotive program an take a small electronics class. This class an programs are one of your best bet if want to work on cars.an stay away from the big trade schools the just want your money.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

What type of school business do you own?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Business classes. Most colleges offer certificate programs as well. Where you learn bookkeeping, MS office and basic business management. That can get you going quickly. Good luck. A down economy is THE best time to start a business.
Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NCALSVT:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
....Higher education will definitely open doors for you.

[patriot]
True but sometimes it's not what you know,it's who you know.
Absolutely. Networking is essential for career advancement. Most will tell you that who knows you is most important. However, you will have more opportunities for others to know you if you have that open door.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't mean to thread jack but I have a quick question. I'm going to be looking into joining the military in a few months. Any college courses that will help me in any particular military jobs or do they strictly go off your test results from the asvab
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

School Business?

My wife and I own a beauty salon....yeah that's right... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ...women spend more money than anyone on themselves

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

School Business?

My wife and I own a beauty salon....yeah that's right... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ...women spend more money than anyone on themselves

You sir, are a very smart man for that. [patriot]

That will be a steady income for sure.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

School Business?

My wife has been in the industry for 10+ years and has a lot of knowledge so I found a place and bank rolled it....perfect time, perfect place.....it's a good little business to be in for sure if done right

[ December 20, 2011, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
 -

Let's keep this post about college as the thread starter intended...

+1

[ December 20, 2011, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
POLICE ACADEMY FTW

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
POLICE ACADEMY FTW

Which one bro??

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

School Business?

My wife has been in the industry for 10+ years and has a lot of knowledge so I found a place and bank rolled it....perfect time, perfect place.....it's a good little business to be in for sure if done right
Shit, yall do finger wavess?? What about fades?? Lol.. Im just fuckn u.. But like someone said.before, thats a steady income for sure! But im going to school to become either a cop or a probation officer.. Ive been working close with the juvenile probation departments of the.state of California for almost 2years..

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NCALSVT:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
....Higher education will definitely open doors for you.

[patriot]
True but sometimes it's not what you know,it's who you know.
Absolutely. Networking is essential for career advancement. Most will tell you that who knows you is most important. However, you will have more opportunities for others to know you if you have that open door.
Who you know is extremely important. Never ever burn your bridges. You never know who you may end up working for, or who may end up working for you.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

quote:
Originally posted by 88FOX:
Don't mean to thread jack but I have a quick question. I'm going to be looking into joining the military in a few months. Any college courses that will help me in any particular military jobs or do they strictly go off your test results from the asvab

They go off the asvab unless your trying to be an officer. What are you looking to do/what branch?

--------------------

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I would say get a business degree, you actually don't need a degree to open a business, but it helps. I'm looking to open an injection Mold company in a few years, so I went to school and got an MBA (Masters in Business Association) and I'm partnering up with a guy who is really business savy.

The most important thing in opening a business is you have to be experienced in what your doing, you can't open a mechanic shop, when you have never worked on cars.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:

I would say get a business degree, you actually don't need a degree to open a business, but it helps. I'm looking to open an injection Mold company in a few years, so I went to school and got an MBA (Masters in Business Association) and I'm partnering up with a guy who is really business savy.

The most important thing in opening a business is you have to be experienced in what your doing, you can't open a mechanic shop, when you have never worked on cars.

THIS!!!! and save a ton of money and be prepared to go without a paycheck for a while unless you already have customers/contracts lined up....but still your initial costs and salary to yourself, usually eat up profits for a while...

and just keep in mind that over 80% of new businesses fail within the first two years....

Another good education would be to talk to people in that industry and learn from them as well...most won't tell you jack, but you'll get a small few that will...

Take some classes in Finance as well...being your own accountant and also learning the costs of employees is a big plus too....depending on what business you're opening.

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Fast92lxcoupe
¯
Member # 8221

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast92lxcoupe  Ford pictures for Fast92lxcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make 6 figures with only a high school diploma!!! Where the haters at? [Big Grin] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

--------------------
93 LX Hatch W/Black Int 5 Speed(R.I.P)
92 LX Coupe W/Black Int 5 Speed (sold)
88 LX Hatch 40K miles
68 Chevelle LS1
98 S10 Bagged FBSS

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by Fast92lxcoupe:
Make 6 figures with only a high school diploma!!! Where the haters at? [Big Grin] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

I need a job!

--------------------

Thugnificent

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com