Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who said Kobe will never win another championship? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who said Kobe will never win another championship?
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
LOL, nice job of pulling out the stats.

However, your stats are 1-dimensional.
The worse your team, the better your star players individual stats will be as they HAVE to carry the team. Give Lebron James Lamar and Pau, and his individual stats will drop. I promise you.

Take a look at Jordan's career scoring average.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1035

He averaged the most points from 86-90, when the Bulls won 0.

This is the only stat that matters in the end:
2008-2009 Championship rings:
Lakers: 1
Cavs: 0
LOL

LOL I knew people would say this....

I was simply replying to his statement "I cannot find one place LeBron is a better than Kobe in.". And if Stats do not answer that question what does?

We can go back and forth all day on this. This is why LeBron is MVP and should have been last year as well. And i'm not even a Cav's fan.

[ June 16, 2009, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I won't disagree there [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol....stats can often mislead a person to thinking that person is better than he is. On paper it may look like Lebron is equal to Kobe. But beleive me he is not. LeBrons BBall IQ is not nearly as high as Kobe's. Lebron has done tremendous things for his team, and is integral and no doubt has a bright future. But he is not on Kobe's level and Kobe is not on Jordan's level. Kobe has essentially created his own level. I still say I would take D-Wade over Lebron as far as game play. And he would have been rookie of the year had he not got hurt IMO.
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whatever we will have to agree to disagree but the statement you made "I cannot find ONE place LeBron is a better than Kobe in." is ridiculous.

Comments by Jerry West http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4178437

And I don't know how Kobe got 1st defensive team and D Wade didn't. Let me guess it has something to do with some mystical power Kobe has and not his stats.

[ June 16, 2009, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
Whatever we will have to agree to disagree but the statement you made "I cannot find ONE place LeBron is a better than Kobe in." is ridiculous.

And I don't know how Kobe got 1st defensive team and D Wade didn't. Let me guess it has something to do with some mystical power Kobe has and not his stats.

Kobe defensive doesnt show up on stats. If you watch basketball you would see that. Just like bruce bowen

--------------------
1995 Impala SS
1992 GT Convert. 5.0 auto -sold-
1990 Lx Convert. 5.0(parted)
1992 Lx Hatchback 5.0-sold-:)
1990 5.0 Notchback -SOLD-:(

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:

Ok read that article closely. Everything comes to grinding halt and becomes a contradiction when you throw this comment into the mix.

quote:
"If I had to have somebody make a last-second shot, it would be Kobe Bryant,"
And that is my point. Kobe's IQ and the things that do not make news columns is what makes him great (same as Jordan). I can name at least 5 people off the top of my head that can put up similar stats as LeBron if given the green light from their respective coaches. These are the elite bball players on the planet mind you. But what the all dont have is the IQ.

I still think D-Wade is a much more rounded and effective player than LeBron. He just is not thrown in the spotlight as Lebron is. Not taking anything from LeBron and he may have his time. But it is just not now. Kobe is the best player in the league.

And I agree with 1990 on Kobe's D. He is definitely not a liability on D.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
LeBrons BBall IQ is not nearly as high as Kobe's.

Nail on the head right there. 24 seconds, down 1, there is not a player in the NBA I would put ahead of Kobe in that situation. To tell you the truth, Lebron would not even #2 or #3 on that list since he has not yet proven to be an end of the game clutch player.

He did get the monkey off his back with the big 3 to win the game in the playoffs this year though, which is good.

I've played organized basketball from 3rd grade throughout HS and anyone very familiar with the game, who has played for years, or coached will tell you Kobe is the better player.

The viewers out there, who get caught up in the commercials, dunks, stats, and gimmicks will all say Lebron.

And I don't even like Kobe, lol.

I will say this... When its all said and done, Lebron's accomplishments will be incredible.

Plus Lebron has charisma and is likeable which goes a long way in a team game.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
LeBrons BBall IQ is not nearly as high as Kobe's.

Nail on the head right there. 24 seconds, down 1, there is not a player in the NBA I would put ahead of Kobe in that situation. To tell you the truth, Lebron would not even #2 or #3 on that list since he has not yet proven to be an end of the game clutch player.

He did get the monkey off his back with the big 3 to win the game in the playoffs this year though, which is good.

I've played organized basketball from 3rd grade throughout HS and anyone very familiar with the game, who has played for years, or coached will tell you Kobe is the better player.

The viewers out there, who get caught up in the commercials, dunks, stats, and gimmicks will all say Lebron.

And I don't even like Kobe, lol.

I will say this... When its all said and done, Lebron's accomplishments will be incredible.

Plus Lebron has charisma and is likeable which goes a long way in a team game.

+1, I have played basketball all my life and for a while it was my life. So I look at more than box scores when I judge a player.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com