Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Big Boy Racing Race/Street Turbo System(pics) (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Big Boy Racing Race/Street Turbo System(pics)
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
i say someone sets a up a poll like cobramanphil mentioned......i'd do it but i dont know how......

I agree! I would like to give a little feedback regarding my experiences with a certain piece of shit of a human being who did some shitty work on my car
care to share who might that be?
Why?!? its only gonna start a flame thread? i remem hearing someone shitty fu*ked up peoples rides at AED.... but everyone knows they do great work. Just like Sheldon does great work.... u cant flame an entire shop for the F*** ups of 1 ignorant person. [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You also cannot assume that the screwups on the cars are entirely the shop's fault either. I guess a common scenerio is when a customer brings in a car (wants this, that, and everything). After all the hard pieces are put together the customer goes out and beats on the car like there is no tomorrow. He/she then brings it to a questionable tuning place or (EEEEK) gets a mailorder chip and the car detonates and backfires until the motor blows. Then the customer turns around and starts pointing at the shop and flames them all over the internet)

Doesn't see fair if you ask me.... [Frown]

[ March 08, 2007, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
You also cannot assume that the screwups on the cars are entirely the shop's fault either. I guess a common scenerio is when a customer brings in a car (wants this, that, and everything). After all the hard pieces are put together the customer goes out and beats on the car like there is no tomorrow. He/she then brings it to a questionable tuning place or (EEEEK) gets a mailorder chip and the car detonates and backfires until the motor blows. Then the customer turns around and starts pointing at the shop and flames them all over the internet)

I feel you there, Thats why when I got my 98 back from BBR, I let sheldon drive it around first along with me breaking in the motor for 1000miles, then he and I drove up to Mustang Ranch to over see the tuning that Byron did on my car. After the car didnt make the power it was supposed to make, thats when BBR said he would rebuild my auto tranny. Took it to the strip with Sheldon there to watch, when it didnt run what we expected, sheldon changed the spark plugs with a different gap, ran the car again and statred backfiring mid track. The best the new motor ran with slicks was 13.8. My stock 98 motor with bolt-ons ran 14.1 on street tires.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:

I feel you there, Thats why when I got my 98 back from BBR, I let sheldon drive it around first along with me breaking in the motor for 1000miles, then he and I drove up to Mustang Ranch to over see the tuning that Byron did on my car. After the car didnt make the power it was supposed to make, thats when BBR said he would rebuild my auto tranny. Took it to the strip with Sheldon there to watch, when it didnt run what we expected, sheldon changed the spark plugs with a different gap, ran the car again and statred backfiring mid track. The best the new motor ran with slicks was 13.8. My stock 98 motor with bolt-ons ran 14.1 on street tires.
It sounds like the tune that Mustang Ranch (was Byron tuning there at this time?)was off a bit. I don't know about your tranny deal (did you smoke it on the dyno or was in a bad condition before you got there?). You got to realize that back in the autologic chip(Byron) days tunes were hit and miss and if Byron had 50 guys waiting (remember he was basically the only tuner in the bay area) to get tuned on a single day, things were going to get missed...nothing against Byron as he did a great job on my personal car, but everyone is human and if he had crowds waiting he would basically just try to make sure you were not going to be too lean when you drove your car off (this means having your fuel tables dumping like fire hydrants at all opportunities). This could account for your lackluster performance at the track as backfiring is a sure sign that the tune is off (not the motor itself that was built).

When did BBR racing build your motor (what kind?)? If we are talking 4.6 then yeah...back in the days (98? actually we are still in the infant 4.6 days:)) you would be hard pressed to find available parts(good parts anyway) to make a bulletproof 4.6. Perhaps this would account for the extra time it took the motor to be built? Then again..like I mentioned it is always best to talk to your builder before you set your expectation on when a project is to be done. This goes for everything...not just engine building.

Do you still have this motor? I'm curious if the current tuning aids SCT/PMS/tweecer has gotten your car cured or not?

[ March 14, 2007, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:

It sounds like the tune that Mustang Ranch (was Byron tuning there at this time?)was off a bit. I don't know about your tranny deal (did you smoke it on the dyno or was in a bad condition before you got there?). You got to realize that back in the autologic chip(Byron) days tunes were hit and miss and if Byron had 50 guys waiting (remember he was basically the only tuner in the bay area) to get tuned on a single day, things were going to get missed...nothing against Byron as he did a great job on my personal car, but everyone is human and if he had crowds waiting he would basically just try to make sure you were not going to be too lean when you drove your car off (this means having your fuel tables dumping like fire hydrants at all opportunities). This could account for your lackluster performance at the track as backfiring is a sure sign that the tune is off (not the motor itself that was built).

When did BBR racing build your motor (what kind?)? If we are talking 4.6 then yeah...back in the days (98? actually we are still in the infant 4.6 days:)) you would be hard pressed to find available parts(good parts anyway) to make a bulletproof 4.6. Perhaps this would account for the extra time it took the motor to be built? Then again..like I mentioned it is always best to talk to your builder before you set your expectation on when a project is to be done. This goes for everything...not just engine building.

Do you still have this motor? I'm curious if the current tuning aids SCT/PMS/tweecer has gotten your car cured or not?

Ditched the 98 about a year ago, Byron spent lil over 2 hours working on my car, the tranny was supposedly slipping on the dyno. The work on the motor was done in 02 if i remember right, so the 4.6 had been around a while in the mustang.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com