Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sacramento's 05 darkhorse gets an ON3 TURBO!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Sacramento's 05 darkhorse gets an ON3 TURBO!!!
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarge  Ford pictures for Sarge  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
@ 93pony:
hey i dont know who you are but I do appreciate that someone from AED looked into this post. When I spoke to drew and sean, the high volume of customers wasnt something that was brought up. All I was told was it was too much of a liability. I DO regognize that yall have a very good reputation on your work itself, I've witnessed a couple of the monsters AED has created at the drag strip. I still dont quite get how this post became focused on trashing aed or ffp or whatever but I do appologize for the misunderstanding. I do sincerely appreciate how you've maintained such a professional approach to this matter though. thanks man

--------------------
HP 05 Stang GT with *your signiture is too long* worth of mods...
Sincerely, Sarge

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sarge:
@ 93pony:
hey i dont know who you are but I do appreciate that someone from AED looked into this post. When I spoke to drew and sean, the high volume of customers wasnt something that was brought up. All I was told was it was too much of a liability. I DO regognize that yall have a very good reputation on your work itself, I've witnessed a couple of the monsters AED has created at the drag strip. I still dont quite get how this post became focused on trashing aed or ffp or whatever but I do appologize for the misunderstanding. I do sincerely appreciate how you've maintained such a professional approach to this matter though. thanks man

93PONY is Shaun, good luck on your build though it should be a fun car.

[ October 16, 2012, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarge  Ford pictures for Sarge  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fast305s:
Sarge.. I know you from uti. Infact iv dynoed your car before. Not impressive. And I know who you asked, and I know Mr le don't like on3 turbos.

So who are you? My car has dyno'd 312 at school, but hey, im sure youve been there all 4 times ive dynod. I told mr lee about my setup and he asked to see the turbo. I showed mr thompson first because a 5xx hp audi tt daily driver seems pretty credable to me. I showed mr lee the turbo and he said he liked what he saw, but hey, im sure you were there for that too. Im not asking you to be impressed... I'm pretty sure I dont even know anyone with a 95 gt. Im saying this is what I'm doing and this is my experience with it. Nothing more, nothing less.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Smile]

[ October 17, 2012, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: blkfoxbody89 ]

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

thanks for clearing that up greasy
blkfox, thats been a concern of mine because i know ls motors are pushrod and since i havent really heard anything about them working on a modular, I am slightly worried. thank you for putting in some actual input though. your post was exactly what ive been asking for from people. but let me ask you, do you know anyone else around here that can get this done? im running out of options here and im more and more considering FFP as a last resort now.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
thanks for clearing that up greasy
blkfox, thats been a concern of mine because i know ls motors are pushrod and since i havent really heard anything about them working on a modular, I am slightly worried. thank you for putting in some actual input though. your post was exactly what ive been asking for from people. but let me ask you, do you know anyone else around here that can get this done? im running out of options here and im more and more considering FFP as a last resort now.

aop is a very good with mod motors
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

[/QUOTE]aop is a very good with mod motors [/QB][/QUOTE]
no idea who that is or half the other names shaun mentioned earlier. can you give me a name and website or something please?

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This thread is fuckin worthless without pics of said car! And on a side note, AED did turn down my turbo setup also! I like the convienence of having my tuner in town and not trail wring my car super far so I sold that setup and chose to go Whipple so Shaun will be tuning my new setup! And NEVER will my car go back to FFP, they already blew one of my cars up on the dyno! Cost me a motor!! Learne my lesson!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Talk to nick at mustang ranch. Heard good stuff from their shop.

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:
This thread is fuckin worthless without pics of said car! And on a side note, AED did turn down my turbo setup also! I like the convienence of having my tuner in town and not trail wring my car super far so I sold that setup and chose to go Whipple so Shaun will be tuning my new setup! And NEVER will my car go back to FFP, they already blew one of my cars up on the dyno! Cost me a motor!! Learne my lesson!

did you check the link to moddedmustangs that I posted? Please dont answer that, I already know you didnt. Any who you had me up till "i like the convenience of having my tuner in town and..." after that it didnt make much sense to me up to where shaun will be tuning your new setup. let me back up though and remind you TO READ THE THREAD and stick to the topic please. AED was mentioned in the post but they are not the topic. Now your input about FFP blowing your motor, I do appreciate because you're influencing me to look elsewhere BUT I'm still looking where else I can get the tune with. As of right now I'm stuck looking for an SCT tuner so I can unload my car at FFP because I dont know what else is out there.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

quote:
Originally posted by LETHL 03:
Talk to nick at mustang ranch. Heard good stuff from their shop.

dude google mustang ranch...
lmfao
anyway i changed it to mustang ranch ca and it came up with one in santa clara? is this right?

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes sir, that's the one

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

quote:
Originally posted by LETHL 03:
Yes sir, that's the one

ok, just making sure its NOT the one in nevada...

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all out performance in frenso is aop
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I stopped reading half way through...

Hate to cliche but:
Fast/cheap/reliable, Ill just let everyone else figure out the two that work...

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Billy at FFP is a buddy of mine. They are located only a few miles from my house and if Billy needs any Ford tuning help, he's got it.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe I missed the pics of the car, I only seen turbo kit pics and some stupid photo of a girl! So yes I did look, and never said anything about the AED topic that was dogging u out! Only that I had a simular experience when I was turbo, didn't wanna trailer my car to AOP or RET! The only other tuners in this state that I personally trust! Cameron park is not far from sac buddy! That's still considered the "SACRAMENTO AREA" to me! All I can say is, tuning is 100% the most important part of your build so u need to take it very seriously before u wind up with a toasted motor! Budget all u want but don't budget your tune!

quote:
quote:

did you check the link to moddedmustangs that I posted? Please dont answer that, I already know you didnt. Any who you had me up till "i like the convenience of having my tuner in town and..." after that it didnt make much sense to me up to where shaun will be tuning your new setup. let me back up though and remind you TO READ THE THREAD and stick to the topic please. AED was mentioned in the post but they are not the topic. Now your input about FFP blowing your motor, I do appreciate because you're influencing me to look elsewhere BUT I'm still looking where else I can get the tune with. As of right now I'm stuck looking for an SCT tuner so I can unload my car at FFP because I dont know what else is out there.

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Budget all u want but don't budget your tune!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Blownmach, the pictures still there... You must've missed it. I only posted on of my car on there. Ill post one up on here tonight when i get home

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Billy at FFP is a buddy of mine. They are located only a few miles from my house and if Billy needs any Ford tuning help, he's got it.

Billy was who tuned both rigs I brought there and he was the best customer service oriented as well.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Billy at FFP knows whats he's doing, as does Shawn, and I've heard Nate at AOP is doing well too.

Casey. You had a 10.5:1 Mach 1 on 8-10lbs with a focus pump, and possibly and BAP w/ 42's. absolutely not enough fuel. And bill did not tune your car. Show me a N/A mod motor that has had boost on it for any amount of time that's been driven aggressively that still lives, YOU CAN'T! Boosting those motors is like playing with fire, regardless of the tune, you know that. Stick to the facts!

Sarge. Be prepared to be nickle and dime'd to death by the O3P kit. The turbo itself isn't the problem, it's everything else associated with it. READ READ READ... And listen to people with FIRST HAND experience with it. I have 2 friends with these kits now, and they've been headaches from the get go. It can be done, with the right amount of money lol

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure you use an oil restrictor on that Chinese turbo and it might last awhile.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And as far as software goes, SCT is the standard for Ford tuning. No one who knows anything about anything is going to tune a turbo'd anything with Diablo lol

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive got a real turbo for sale too....just sayin.PM if interested. [Wink]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Thanks red and daddy. I met billy today when i went to force fed. after talking with him i dont think we'll have any issues with the tune so ffp has my business. If an issue arizes, ill post it here. He gave me some good advice about the wastegate and other components. Looks like were ready to go.
Right now im looking for an sct tuner. Heres my offer, my predator AND steeda cai for a hand held or both plus some cash for a tsx or itsx, preferably the tsx out of all the abov mentioned. If yall can help spread the word about this id appreciate it

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com