Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » legal advice (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: legal advice
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
If your not guilty fight it don't take a plea bargain it looks bad when you take the deal, fight!

He is guilty tho.
k then never mind take the deal

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are a dumbass, you really fucked yourself on that one [Roll Eyes]
More of your girls fault too since she took a check randomly and signed a paper that she didnt really know what it was for? [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a real lawyer. Paying some money now will save you more later.
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
slam dunk for the d.a with a confession on cafords [patriot] .. next time dumdum keep ur trap shut [Wink]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The DA would not have a case if you hadn't confessed to the cops. The ONLY thing they had to convict you was your neighbor's testimony. But, since you admitted to the crime, the DA doesn't need their evidence.

Never never never talk to the cops. Even if what you have to say totally exonerates you, they will will keep grilling you until you say something incriminating. Never never never talk to the cops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
better kiss some ass to the owner and pay her what ever she wants for what you sold... maybe you will get lucky and drop all the charges

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
He's a fucking thief and a liar, he should go to jail. I don't care how familiar we are, nobody better be cashing my checks for me!

i agree with you an he should pay for his crimes
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I keep reading your story and all it seems like BS to me and has many loopholes. But if I were you like you mentioned before, I would contact the bank that you cashed the check at. Do not call the 800 number. They won't do shit for you. You need to call the actual branch that you cash the check at. I would speak to a manager there and explain to them your story (better clean it up a bit though) and explain to them that you don't want their customers information or anything, but if they can relay your request to them to get in contact with him because of the messs your in with the check you cashed. They have the ability to find that transaction on their system and track down that check and amount and timeframe. Tell them, if they can contact him and give them your number so that you can talk to him to somehow. Hopefully they can get a hold of him and maybe he will contact you in person by phone. If he does, maybe he will be willing to give you a copy of the check that he supposedly gave you.

[ July 23, 2010, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotch T-TOP  Ford pictures for TopNotch T-TOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only honest advice i can give you is give up
on the public defender because they work with the DA i call them public pretenders get your self a real lawer they will work for you not against you behind your back and take it up and get free consaltations over the phone and get some ideas that will strengthen your defense good luck with your case

--------------------
1984 T-TOP NOTCHBACK MUSTANG
1993 Svt Cobra

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This happen in WA and my neighbor didnt press charges and if she would have made a deal and it was lagit she wouldnt care if i cashed it for her. the check was blank. my neighbor jus wants her rack but the cops wont do there job and figure it out. im not a thief if i was gunna sell it and keep the money i def wouldnt have told her anything. ima fight it. i bought a lawer and ill tell you what happns. my neighbor is on my side and doesnt want anything to happen to me over this. i jus should have used better judgement and stayed out of it. i thought i was helping my neighbor but i was wrong. i jus think what there trying to offer is stiff. i just dont want this on my record.
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
do whatever they ask you to do to get it removed from your record, even if you have to sleep in jail for a month.

I was thinking the same, Jail and fines are ok but to have some shit on your record, it would suck,

Good Luck and remember next time FUCK everyone else and mine your own business, Helping other only gets you into trouble!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am sure if you talk with the judge (if hes nice) he'll listen to you.

Next time if something like this happens call your neighbor before taking anything and NEVER EVER tell a complete stranger that no one lives there. Thats just asking for a buglary. If i was your neighbor and i found out you told some stranger i don't live there i'd be super pissed.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
This happen in WA and my neighbor didnt press charges and if she would have made a deal and it was lagit she wouldnt care if i cashed it for her. the check was blank. my neighbor jus wants her rack but the cops wont do there job and figure it out. im not a thief if i was gunna sell it and keep the money i def wouldnt have told her anything. ima fight it. i bought a lawer and ill tell you what happns. my neighbor is on my side and doesnt want anything to happen to me over this. i jus should have used better judgement and stayed out of it. i thought i was helping my neighbor but i was wrong. i jus think what there trying to offer is stiff. i just dont want this on my record.

your story is full of holes...

you say your neighbor didn't press charges on you,so why are you facing charges.She doesn't want nothing to happen to you,why did she call the cops?
In *most* cases if there is no victim their is no crime.Why would the d.a go through all this hassle for 150 dollars if no one is pressing charges.
Most banks wont let you walk in with a blank check and tell you if its good and then let you finish writing it and cash it out.
Why did you "buy" a lawyer? if its truly a misunderstanding and your neighbor doesn't want anything to happen to you,she shouldn't have a problem going to court or the da's office and explaining that you are innocent.

A.you either forged a check and got caught.

B.stole your neighbors truck rack.

C. you are passing/passed bad checks

what thief would come back steal a truck rack and leave a personal check behind with ALL HIS INFORMATION on it.

You want some good legal advice??? Learn how to lie and fabricate your stories better.....

[ July 24, 2010, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: phonso302 ]

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:

your story is full of holes...

you say your neighbor didn't press charges on you,so why are you facing charges.She doesn't want nothing to happen to you,why did she call the cops?
In *most* cases if there is no victim their is no crime.Why would the d.a go through all this hassle for 150 dollars if no one is pressing charges.
Most banks wont let you walk in with a blank check and tell you if its good and then let you finish writing it and cash it out.
Why did you "buy" a lawyer? if its truly a misunderstanding and your neighbor doesn't want anything to happen to you,she shouldn't have a problem going to court or the da's office and explaining that you are innocent.

A.you either forged a check and got caught.

B.stole your neighbors truck rack.

C. you are passing/passed bad checks

what thief would come back steal a truck rack and leave a personal check behind with ALL HIS INFORMATION on it.

You want some good legal advice??? Learn how to lie and fabricate your stories better.....

Damn look at Colombo/C.S.I. ^^^ LOL
I think you may be on to something.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well from readin it... your FUCKED!

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1.. Tell your girl not to take blank checks from strangers in a situation she knows nothing about, tell your girl to learn to read what she is signing and don't sign shit from strangers, tell your girl not to do shit without talking to u first when it comes to finances..
2.. Don't sell some shit that's not yours again your girls fault for taking the money in the first place and yours for not calling your neighbor and sayin hey did u sell the rack cause dude dropped a check to my female..
3.. Your fault for thinking that the neighbor talked to the dude when u lost the number and never gave it to her, ao how could she talk to him anyways.
4.. Shoulda never talked to the cops
5.. Learn to work talk with the banks, go up the chain managers manager if u cashed a check and dudes name was on it they should be able to look that up if not they are bullshitting you.. It's a banks they keep documents.
Basically your fuckd get a real lawyer and do the 5days. You kinda fuckd yourself... Oh yea get the 150 back from the cops since they jacked u for it and didn't give it to the lady add a lil on top by her a new better rack, have her sign a paper saying that u bought her a rack and she isn't pressing charges, or better yet since you have a key to her house and are so close to her ask her to go to court with u and help explain the situation to get it dropped tell the judge you were tryin to do the right thing but you and your girl did a dumbass thing maybe they will drop it with the neighbor there.

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn didn't realize I wrote soo much my bad..
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My neighbor didnt press charges and is willing to go to court with me and play the saved voice mails. i didnt steal the rack is was a huge miss understanding and i was stupid to cash it. the check really was blank and i put my name on it right infront of the teller. its the city and da pressing the charges. in the police report it says my neighbor didnt want to press charges amd jus wanted her rack back. the report also says they had probable cause that i took the rack and recived money. i never touched the thing. i was asleep when he loaded it. me and my gurl really thought they had come up with some agreement. i kno i didnt steal it or try to sell it. she knew about it all.

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

My public defender isnt doing shit or even listening to me thats why im hiring one. i also did tell my neighbor after guy droped off the check.... that we had it. she saved it on her voice mail.

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really don't understand what made you think "my girl was just given a blank check for the purchase of something I do not own...I think I'm going to go cash this in."

Really...where is the common sense in that?

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wht2000gt  Ford pictures for wht2000gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And the dude made her sign something? She doesn't remember anything that it said? You might be screwed either way man. Very poor judgment on your and your girls part.
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell them u do not waive your rights and request a speedy trial. Guarentee the deal gets better or it gets dismissed. Trust me on this don't hire a fukkin lawyer let the public pretender do this and take this as a lesson learned don't get encipher and don't cash other peoples checks The job market frowns on fraud/forgery
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
I keep reading your story and all it seems like BS to me and has many loopholes. But if I were you like you mentioned before, I would contact the bank that you cashed the check at. Do not call the 800 number. They won't do shit for you. You need to call the actual branch that you cash the check at. I would speak to a manager there and explain to them your story (better clean it up a bit though) and explain to them that you don't want their customers information or anything, but if they can relay your request to them to get in contact with him because of the messs your in with the check you cashed. They have the ability to find that transaction on their system and track down that check and amount and timeframe. Tell them, if they can contact him and give them your number so that you can talk to him to somehow. Hopefully they can get a hold of him and maybe he will contact you in person by phone. If he does, maybe he will be willing to give you a copy of the check that he supposedly gave you.

The bank will not release the check because he already cashed it and the check gets returned to the account holder. This guy is not a customer of the bank so they could give a fuck about him. If he were to negotiate any check it should have been through his account. Anyways who the fuck writes checks out nowadays? This is the dumb fuck part of the story i dont get and you dont have proof. I would have made a copy of the check to CYA, but now your fucked. YOUR FUCKED!
 -  -  -

[ July 24, 2010, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: Yaterstang ]

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bet that the guy passed on a stolen check to you, It's not like your girl verified it with a matching I.D. , hope you don't get caught up for that as well. That would be all bad.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
My neighbor didnt press charges and is willing to go to court with me and play the saved voice mails. i didnt steal the rack is was a huge miss understanding and i was stupid to cash it. the check really was blank and i put my name on it right infront of the teller. its the city and da pressing the charges. in the police report it says my neighbor didnt want to press charges amd jus wanted her rack back. the report also says they had probable cause that i took the rack and recived money. i never touched the thing. i was asleep when he loaded it. me and my gurl really thought they had come up with some agreement. i kno i didnt steal it or try to sell it. she knew about it all.

what you SHOULD of done was CALL your neighbor when the guy was there to pick it up and ask her if she sold it to him or not and ALWAYS!!!!! and you never take a check always deal in cash just for reasons like this, i mean thats like selling 101.....

[ July 24, 2010, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: liftedF150 ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com