Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Suggestions for a daily driver.... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Suggestions for a daily driver....
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This guy gets ripped in every post he makes. LOL

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
get off of my dick!

NOT AN INCH OF ROOM NEAR THAT, YOUR MOM HAS IT COVERED [dance]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:

Ya, it's not just you any more [Eek!]

--------------------

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this thread going to turn out like the "my mom got a cobra thread"? [Big Grin]
I have an old beatup pickup that I use as my dd, and yes gas can be killer in a v8 truck. I would get a truck that is somewhat reasonably priced and not make payments on it. I agree with trunkster in that I don't put anything on payment plans. It leaves you with your options open down the road, rather than being stuck with paying every month. [patriot]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:

who me?
stfu sally [Mad]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93venom:
quote:
General rule that you will thank me for years from now, if you can't afford to pay cash you shouldn't buy it. So unless you got the cash look for a truck you can pay for in your cash price range.

Food for thought: I kicked around the idea of buying a little hatchback (Civic SI, Beetle, Audi TT, Focus SVT, etc.) for my girl, cash is limited right now so if I spend 20k on a car, put $5,000 down and finance 15k plus tax and stuff I am looking at a 375-400 dollar payment, plus full coverage insurance, another $100-150 then you have to gas it up at $70 a week, thats = to 755 on the low side. I can think of a lot better thing to do with $800 a month than drive around in car.

Just in case you didn't know a car is the worst investment you can make.

Are you the same guy who just put a hellion turbo kit on your car, that base kit is 6g's---just wondering if you were the same guy- if not i apologize, because modding a mustang is also a bad investment, not that i dont do it though
Well I own 2 houses make good money and can afford it and how are you going to tell me how much my kit cost, it cost 5k do your research or call Hellion and ask someone, I can afford to put money in my Mustang because I pay cash for everything. I'm not making payments for over 75% of my take home pay.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
I pay cash for everything.

Big baller [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People kill me that say "I pay cash for everything". Though everyone has there opinion of this. I think if you can get a loan for say 1.9-5.9% and then turn around and invest the money you would of initially put out. You can easily get 7-15% return on your money with certain investments. I would rather use someone elses money and make mine work for me!!

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
get off of my dick!

First of all your statement is uncalled for and not true so no offense taken and I'll forgive you this one time, now everytime I come and say something you come and and make a smart ass remark, I know your jealous and all of what I have, AND FOR A TRUE STATEMENT AND A FACT AND NOT SOME LET ME RESORT TO TALKING ABOUT HIS MOM PUNK ASS CHILDISH SHIT, GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY DICK.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
get off of my dick!

First of all your statement is uncalled for and not true so no offense taken and I'll forgive you this one time, now everytime I come and say something you come and and make a smart ass remark, I know your jealous and all of what I have, AND FOR A TRUE STATEMENT AND A FACT AND NOT SOME LET ME RESORT TO TALKING ABOUT HIS MOM PUNK ASS CHILDISH SHIT, GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY DICK.
now now kids, do i have to seperate you two? [Razz]
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
People kill me that say "I pay cash for everything". Though everyone has there opinion of this. I think if you can get a loan for say 1.9-5.9% and then turn around and invest the money you would of initially put out. You can easily get 7-15% return on your money with certain investments. I would rather use someone elses money and make mine work for me!!

Well TwoGun is 18 years old, will not qualify for a 1.9% loan and doesn't have the cash to flat out by the truck. I've dumped a total of 13k in my car including the car, I do pay cash for everything, if I can't pay cash for it I won't buy it, that means I cannot afford it. I live within my means. And I own 2 houses, my rental I am actually making positive income and I am looking at getting a third home, so don't let me kill you with my I pay cash for everything, that is simply the truth, don't let it kill you.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
quote:

Well TwoGun is 18 years old, will not qualify for a 1.9% loan and doesn't have the cash to flat out by the truck.
or do i?
i dont [Frown]

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Well TwoGun is 18 years old, will not qualify for a 1.9% loan and doesn't have the cash to flat out by the truck. I've dumped a total of 13k in my car including the car, I do pay cash for everything, if I can't pay cash for it I won't buy it, that means I cannot afford it. I live within my means. And I own 2 houses, my rental I am actually making positive income and I am looking at getting a third home, so don't let me kill you with my I pay cash for everything, that is simply the truth, don't let it kill you.
Dont take it so personal. People would not be on you so bad if you did not always have to state what you have. I was just saying that always paying cash for everything is not always the best. I bet at one time you used credit atleast to establish to get yourself in a postion to buy property.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:

Again on your statement I am not out buying 30K cars or blowing all kinds of money, but if I want to go buy something I'll pay cash. All I am simply doing is giving two-gun some advice, he can take it or leave it.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
quote:
quote:

Dont take it so personal. People would not be on you so bad if you did not always have to state what you have. I was just saying that always paying cash for everything is not always the best. I bet at one time you used credit atleast to establish to get yourself in a postion to buy property.
No one is "on me" first of all, second of all I don't always state what I have, (but this is a board and we are here to talk about our cars), and look at your signature, Mr. I have 3 Cobras. I worked my ass of to get to where I am and spent 5k on a turbo kit, big fucking deal if I talk about it, sorry if there are jealous people (hidennos) that want to come and talk about my stock motor, he can hate me and my turbo car all he wants and all I am doing is giving the young man some good advice, he can establish his credit otherways than living outside his means by buying an expensice ass truck.

[ May 09, 2006, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: 91Trunkster ]

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

damn, I never took any personal shots at you. whats up with that. I was just stating another side of the argument about paying cash for everyting. So what you have a problem with me owning cobras?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a 88-90 toyota Sr5 pickup with a rebuilt engine for cheap and you'll be set.

The one's that were diesel (22r or something like that) last seriously forever, Top Gear even left one out in the ocean and it started back up with WD-40 used as starter fluid.

Mine has 205k with intermittant problems, but it was reliable nonetheless.

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
damn, I never took any personal shots at you. whats up with that. I was just stating another side of the argument about paying cash for everyting. So what you have a problem with me owning cobras?

Your comment about how everyone wouldn't always be on me if I didn't always state what I had, what is that all about?

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:

Why would I have a problem with you owning Cobras? But you told me I shouldn't state what I have but you are contradicting your statement just by your signature.

Unless you meant something else by your comment?

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Have you noticed a good portion of the people on here have there cars in there signature. As you said this is a car forum.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on man thats tight, i wish i could have bought my 2 houses cash, but i had to get loans for them, oh well one day maybe.....

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Originally posted by 93venom:
Right on man thats tight, i wish i could have bought my 2 houses cash, but i had to get loans for them, oh well one day maybe.....

I didn't pay cash for my houses, I wish I had it like that. I make house payments and thats it, no car payments, no credit cards, no nothing just for the houses.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Have you noticed a good portion of the people on here have there cars in there signature. As you said this is a car forum.

You still haven't said why you made the comment about people getting on me for stating what I have?

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

I made the comment after reading the thread and it seemed like people were put off buy the way you said things. I have no idea if you have history with any of these people.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
and look at your signature, Mr. I have 3 Cobras.

If you look a little closer at his signature, you will see that he only has 2 Cobras.... the third one is mine! By the way, wanna buy it? I accept cash! [Big Grin] Oh yeah, I saw the video of your car and now I want a turbo!! [worship]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com