Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's (Page 15)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
My 91 coupe with H/C/I, full exhaust, all the bolt ons, slicks & skinnies, & 3.73's trapped 110. It made 300rwhp/320rwtq too. Granted, I'm not the best gear banger in the world, but I could see a FULLY stock (besides Cold air) fox with 4.10's trapping like 101-102 MAYBE?

I can give him an equal amount of timeslips of slow ass 302's with alot of work done.

14.12 @ 98.6 2.20 Street Tires Infineon FOXX5.0 93 GT Full Exhuast & Pulleys 03/08/12
14.13 @ 95.7 2.06 Nitto NT555RS 275/40/17's Sac coupe5oh 94GT TFS 1 Cobra Intake 1" Spacer Longtubes 3.73's 06/11/11
14.38 @ 96.8 2.25 Bridgestone Street Tires Sac sydewayzlx50 91 Coupe Stock Heads & Cam Edelbrock Performer 3.73's 06/11/11
14.56 @ 93.6 2.13 Street Tires Sac NEIGHT 86 LX Hatch Stock, Longtubes, 3.73's 04/14/12
15.52 @ 89.0 2.49 Street Tires Sac jmcclesk 90GT 100% Stock w/AOD 2:73's 04/04/12

put me in those cars and i bet you money i go faster than they do! driver & tires make a big difference. again you lack of knowledge shows.
it isn't lack of knowledge it's real world facts.
no it is your lack of knowledge. 100% sure of that. come to the track i'll have my buddy bring my old coupe. it has headers only, cats tired old 180k bone stock motor and runs 13.5's with bald ass 225 with cords showing. when you get to the track you will see all you godly ls1 running 13-14's so it will be a win win for you!

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Camaro:
Better interior
Better trans.. both auto and manual
Better gas mileage
Better handling
Better motor
better brakes
better suspension
AC
traction control
5 lugs stock

Fox:
Better rear end

Looks are youre own opinion.

The fox jock's sound like paid advertisements! Jesus fucking christ, I have owned three mustangs and an f-body and a few other useless cars.

And I can tell you by far, the fox is not the nicer car.

@Warhorse, who gives a shit about timeslips? The F-Body is better, PLAIN & SIMPLE. Theres nothing too it, really there isn't. I don't care how you "gimped" a mustang. Good job! It's still not as nice.

no it's is not! in you opinion it is better. they fact the they didn't sell a 03 goes a long way to show they weren't better. [patriot] time slips go a long ways in show that your opinions are false. [Big Grin]
Isnt it funny now that the camaro is back and is owning the mustang in sales?

Also there wasnt an 00 or 02 cobra. They must suck

Ok... As much as I have been praising the 4th gen F-Body in this thread, I will NEVER agree with you about the new Camaro. Those cars are so FUGLY, heavy as shit, & NEVER impressive, especially in stock trim. If you wanna buy a bulky GM with power, why not buy a CTS-V instead? My 4 door Cadi is lighter than a 5th gen Camaro BTW

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
All hes trying to do is convince me, that a stock 302 built properly will scrape a stock camaro.

How about a properly built stock camaro? The same thing applies because it has more power simple.

i don't need to prove anything i already have prove that a stock heads, cam, intake, tb, already went 11.80. glad he is fully built with his change in shocks and what not. go read a rule book on what he can change out. he runs stock elim. again your lack of knowledge is showing.
Im going to need to see a video of this 11.80 pass.

Because guess what? my fbody went 10.3 with a lid and exhaust at 129!

Robb, they are not lying about the 11.80, this is true. The car has SUBSTANTIAL weight reduction, good suspension, full exhaust, & I'm pretty sure a VERY healthy cam with stock lift. If I'm not mistaken, there are other Mustangs in that same class that are even faster, but not local.
So its not so stock then?
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Camaro:
Better interior
Better trans.. both auto and manual
Better gas mileage
Better handling
Better motor
better brakes
better suspension
AC
traction control
5 lugs stock

Fox:
Better rear end

Looks are youre own opinion.

The fox jock's sound like paid advertisements! Jesus fucking christ, I have owned three mustangs and an f-body and a few other useless cars.

And I can tell you by far, the fox is not the nicer car.

@Warhorse, who gives a shit about timeslips? The F-Body is better, PLAIN & SIMPLE. Theres nothing too it, really there isn't. I don't care how you "gimped" a mustang. Good job! It's still not as nice.

no it's is not! in you opinion it is better. they fact the they didn't sell a 03 goes a long way to show they weren't better. [patriot] time slips go a long ways in show that your opinions are false. [Big Grin]
Isnt it funny now that the camaro is back and is owning the mustang in sales?

Also there wasnt an 00 or 02 cobra. They must suck

Ok... As much as I have been praising the 4th gen F-Body in this thread, I will NEVER agree with you about the new Camaro. Those cars are so FUGLY, heavy as shit, & NEVER impressive, especially in stock trim. If you wanna buy a bulky GM with power, why not buy a CTS-V instead? My 4 door Cadi is lighter than a 5th gen Camaro BTW
I was just trolling there. I cant stand that big lump of crap. As soon as i sat in one.. i was like wtf..It surprises me that its selling so well
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
My 91 coupe with H/C/I, full exhaust, all the bolt ons, slicks & skinnies, & 3.73's trapped 110. It made 300rwhp/320rwtq too. Granted, I'm not the best gear banger in the world, but I could see a FULLY stock (besides Cold air) fox with 4.10's trapping like 101-102 MAYBE?

I can give him an equal amount of timeslips of slow ass 302's with alot of work done.

14.12 @ 98.6 2.20 Street Tires Infineon FOXX5.0 93 GT Full Exhuast & Pulleys 03/08/12
14.13 @ 95.7 2.06 Nitto NT555RS 275/40/17's Sac coupe5oh 94GT TFS 1 Cobra Intake 1" Spacer Longtubes 3.73's 06/11/11
14.38 @ 96.8 2.25 Bridgestone Street Tires Sac sydewayzlx50 91 Coupe Stock Heads & Cam Edelbrock Performer 3.73's 06/11/11
14.56 @ 93.6 2.13 Street Tires Sac NEIGHT 86 LX Hatch Stock, Longtubes, 3.73's 04/14/12
15.52 @ 89.0 2.49 Street Tires Sac jmcclesk 90GT 100% Stock w/AOD 2:73's 04/04/12

put me in those cars and i bet you money i go faster than they do! driver & tires make a big difference. again you lack of knowledge shows.
no it is your lack of knowledge. 100% sure of that. come to the track i'll have my buddy bring my old coupe. it has headers only, cats tired old 180k bone stock motor and runs 13.5's with bald ass 225 with cords showing. when you get to the track you will see all you godly ls1 running 13-14's so it will be a win win for you!
look at the 60 ft on all those times.....
whay a noob for posting that
clealry a a good driver would put put those cars through the traps quicker

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So if youre arguing that putting a good driver in those cars would substantially lower the times, Wouldnt it be fair to put those good drivers in ls1's running 13s/14s?
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
All hes trying to do is convince me, that a stock 302 built properly will scrape a stock camaro.

How about a properly built stock camaro? The same thing applies because it has more power simple.

i don't need to prove anything i already have prove that a stock heads, cam, intake, tb, already went 11.80. glad he is fully built with his change in shocks and what not. go read a rule book on what he can change out. he runs stock elim. again your lack of knowledge is showing.

Robb, they are not lying about the 11.80, this is true. The car has SUBSTANTIAL weight reduction, good suspension, full exhaust, & I'm pretty sure a VERY healthy cam with stock lift. If I'm not mistaken, there are other Mustangs in that same class that are even faster, but not local.
omg stop it. you are just trolling now. so it's ok for your ls1 to have "bolt on's" tune, lids and what not and still claim stock. but he can't change his shocks? read the rules books you might learn something.
all that matters is this 11.80 stock h/c/i, tb. must be fully built.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
at least foxbodys don't have a regular window regulator replacement schedule or else have the windows fall down off their tracks once a week...

Another bogus statement. My fbody had both original window motors when i had it at 180k.

oh and my ac worked and my hood didnt fly up.

and i also had a cup holder

congratulations, my brother in laws `02 z28 has 62k miles on it, and it's killed the drivers regulator twice, the passengers once, the controls for the windows on the drivers side keep breaking out of the door, the cd changer died at 40k miles, the t-tops leak every other time he takes them off, the flexplate has broken once, the starter case cracked once, and the rear end had to be replaced because the diff munched itself while going down the highway...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So if youre arguing that putting a good driver in those cars would substantially lower the times, Wouldnt it be fair to put those good drivers in ls1's running 13s/14s?
yea n im sure a similar effect would happen?

[ April 21, 2012, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

omg stop it. you are just trolling now. so it's ok for your ls1 to have "bolt on's" tune, lids and what not and still claim stock. but he can't change his shocks? read the rules books you might learn something.
all that matters is this 11.80 stock h/c/i, tb. must be fully built.

A camaro still has stock h/c/i with lid, u/p, exhaust?
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:
quote:
at least foxbodys don't have a regular window regulator replacement schedule or else have the windows fall down off their tracks once a week...

Another bogus statement. My fbody had both original window motors when i had it at 180k.

oh and my ac worked and my hood didnt fly up.

and i also had a cup holder

congratulations, my brother in laws `02 z28 has 62k miles on it, and it's killed the drivers regulator twice, the passengers once, the controls for the windows on the drivers side keep breaking out of the door, the cd changer died at 40k miles, the t-tops leak every other time he takes them off, the flexplate has broken once, the starter case cracked once, and the rear end had to be replaced because the diff munched itself while going down the highway...
Every brand has its lemons. Look at those 2011 gts blowing transmissions and blowing 8 CYL with barely any miles on them.
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yea n im sure a similar effect would happen?
Your just dumb, let me go pick the best of the best I can find on youtube then

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y07-VXmlA0

Look its stock

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ1ObdvYY_k

STOCK!

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So... we went from comparing showroom stock to showroom stock, and now we're talking about what would qualify for stock eliminator class? It has weight reduction, suspension, tires, etc etc... oh but it's "stock" because that's what the rule book says?

Doesn't change the fact the 4th gen F-body has a better motor, better chassis, better suspension design, and better transmission than a Foxbody.

Motor to Motor: when do you seen stock unopened longblock smogable 302's with cam only pumping out 400rwhp on pump gas?

Chassis to Chassis: Do F-bodies need full length subframe connectors? Do they rip their own torque boxes?

Suspension: How many cars of ANY MAKE and MODEL do you see CONVERTING to the inverted Macpherson front strut, or 4-link rear end design found in a Fox? How many Mustangs do you see converting to panhard rod/torque arm and Short/Long Arm front?

Transmission: How often do Viper and Vette and Cobra R owners ditch that weak T-56 and put in a manly T-45?

The F-body isn't perfect. It's pig heavy, most of the car besides the drivetrain is put together like crap. The dinky 10-bolt rearend is weak. and it's got love-it or hate-it looks... and in the end I wouldn't own one. I can however acknowledge it's strengths.

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
So... we went from comparing showroom stock to showroom stock, and now we're talking about what would qualify for stock eliminator class? It has weight reduction, suspension, tires, etc etc... oh but it's "stock" because that's what the rule book says?

Doesn't change the fact the 4th gen F-body has a better motor, better chassis, better suspension design, and better transmission than a Foxbody.

Motor to Motor: when do you seen stock unopened longblock smogable 302's with cam only pumping out 400rwhp on pump gas?

Chassis to Chassis: Do F-bodies need full length subframe connectors? Do they rip their own torque boxes?

Suspension: How many cars of ANY MAKE and MODEL do you see CONVERTING to the inverted Macpherson front strut, or 4-link rear end design found in a Fox? How many Mustangs do you see converting to panhard rod/torque arm and Short/Long Arm front?

Transmission: How often do Viper and Vette and Cobra R owners ditch that weak T-56 and put in a manly T-45?

The F-body isn't perfect. It's pig heavy, most of the car besides the drivetrain is put together like crap. The dinky 10-bolt rearend is weak. and it's got love-it or hate-it looks... and in the end I wouldn't own one. I can however acknowledge it's strengths.

Im just playing around with all the different directions this is being taken in lol. Next itll probably be fasted gutted race car.
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

I swear some fox mustang owners are so full of themselves, if their fox body had a dildo attached to the front of the car, they would probably sit on it and be their own hood ornament.

[ April 21, 2012, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:

+1!

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I swear some fox mustang owners are so full of themselves, if their fox body had a dildo attached to the front of the car, they would probably sit on it and be their own hood ornament.

I laughed hard !!! Lol [Eek!] [worship] [worship] [Big Grin]
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:

well we know you already have the ls1 version.
[patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

Lol- [Big Grin] You guys crack me up .
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

quote:
quote:

[patriot]

That's why you got two. :]

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:

[patriot]

Nice try but Im not a brand nut hugger. I like imports, mustangs, fbodies, corvettes, trucks.

-

[patriot]

ps.. damn it was fun washing 2 cars at once

[ April 21, 2012, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Every brand has its lemons. Look at those 2011 gts blowing transmissions and blowing 8 CYL with barely any miles on them.

I work for a ford dealership(truckshop) and I've replaced 4 engines in the last 6 months with less then 15k miles on them 2 6.8s and 2 5.4s. 2 of these engines had less than 5k not even the 1st oil change. 1 of my coworkers has done a bunch of them too. All I'm saying here is shit happens lol... A friend of mine went through a bunch of shit in his old 06 gto and got it lemoned...

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by 02angrybird:
quote:

I work for a ford dealership(truckshop) and I've replaced 4 engines in the last 6 months with less then 15k miles on them 2 6.8s and 2 5.4s. 2 of these engines had less than 5k not even the 1st oil change. 1 of my coworkers has done a bunch of them too. All I'm saying here is shit happens lol... A friend of mine went through a bunch of shit in his old 06 gto and got it lemoned...
jesus. Why is ford putting out stuff that is failing so early. You think they'd catch this type of stuff.

Page: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com