Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sagging Pants and Airplanes? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Sagging Pants and Airplanes?
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do they have in common? apparently, they dont go well together...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28256649/detail.html

quote:
SAN FRANCISCO -- A University of New Mexico football player, who was in the Bay Area to attend a friend’s funeral, was in custody Thursday after his citizen’s arrest by a pilot on a US Airway’s flight led to a melee with San Francisco police officers, authorities said.

San Francisco Police Sgt. Michael Rodriguez said 20-year-old Deshon Marman was told by a customer service agent to pull up his low-slung pants as he boarded a Phoenix-bound flight Wednesday morning at San Francisco International Airport

He refused and was again asked by a flight attendant as he was boarding the plane.

Rodriguez said Marman again refused and the attendant called the captain, who placed the 20-year-old under citizen’s arrest.

“The incident started in the boarding area prior to getting onto the aircraft,” Rodriguez said. “The customer service agent for US Airways asked the gentleman to pull his pants up which were down around his knees. She told him that (wearing his pants like that) was not going to be allowed on the aircraft.”

“He went down the jetway and was asked again to pull his pants up…The flight attendant at the door said he told her – ‘I paid for my ticket and I’m just going to do what I have to do.’ So he got onboard and sat down in his seat.”

Rodriguez said both the flight attendant and the agent said they thought it was offensive that Marman’s pants were around his knees and his underwear exposed.

The captain requested police assistance and was told to place Marman under citizen’s arrest. Marman was told to leave the plane, but a heated discussion ensued and all the other 150 passengers were removed from the aircraft.

“The officers stood by until the aircraft was emptied out,” Rodriguez said. “He came out…because of the slight struggle that he put up and not complying with the officers commands, he was wrapped in a special wrap we use to carry custodies down the jetway stairs.”

Marman was charged with trespassing for not leaving the aircraft, battery on a peace officer and resisting arrest.

The FBI had been notified, but there will be no federal charges.

Rodriguez said the other passengers were upset by the delay in their flight and the incident.

“A lot thought this could have been handled by the gentleman simply pulling up his pants – they questioned why he simply didn’t do it,” Rodriguez said.

Marman's mother, Donna Doyle, said that her son had attended a friend's funeral and he was still in an emotionally raw state.

US Airways spokeswoman Valerie Wunder says the airline's dress code forbids "indecent exposure or inappropriate" attire.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.For christs sake kids,pull up your f'ing pants.It makes you look mentally handicapped.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's a terrorist, I am surprised he didn't get shot on sight.
Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He could've just pulled up his pants or she could've just ignored his pants. Pride was the issue, and his pride told him not to pull up his pants after the flight attendant asked. Petty? Yes. Clearly the cost outweighed the benefit on both sides. No one wins and everyone lost in this situation.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
I agree.For christs sake kids,pull up your f'ing pants.It makes you look mentally handicapped.

I agree 200% have some God Damn respect for yourself and the people around you. You think anyone is going to respect you when you can't even pull your pants up!?
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like his pants where so low, especially after sitting down, his underwear was entirely exposed. I don't even think most hip hop stars even wear their pants that low anymore.
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I saw this on the news today, what a dumb ass...All he had to do was pull them up and wtf was his shirt not long enough to cover his ass up... most fools that wear their pants like that usually have a long t-shirt on or something...either way what a stupid way to get charges placed on you and f'n up other peoples schedules...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dumb shit should have just pulled his pant up. I never will understand warring pants down to the knees hella stupid

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sagging pants FTW

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18536 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:

I agree 200% have some God Damn respect for yourself and the people around you. You think anyone is going to respect you when you can't even pull your pants up!?
thats for sure

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sagging is just plain fucking stupid, I will never understand what some one would want to do this, it looks fucking retarded. Pants are made to cove your ass, it doesn't make you any bit tougher or cooler.

I wish the they would arrest more peoe for sagging there pants, Public indecency!

Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 98z28:
Sagging is just plain fucking stupid, I will never understand what some one would want to do this, it looks fucking retarded. Pants are made to cove your ass, it doesn't make you any bit tougher or cooler.

I wish the they would arrest more peoe for sagging there pants, Public indecency!

theres actually a couple cities that have laws regarding sagging. Its just a fine but it should be enough to make them stop.

Stop sagging.

[ June 16, 2011, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Carless ]

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The world has ACTUAL problems to take care of why the fuck would they focus on people with sagging pants? Just saying

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sag or die!!!

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
The world has ACTUAL problems to take care of why the fuck would they focus on people with sagging pants? Just saying

There are MANY problems in this world, each one has numerous branches. This is a branch.....

Are you one of those brilliant people who gets pulled over for yacking on your phone and complains because there are more important things for police to do with their time....

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

There are MANY problems in this world, each one has numerous branches. This is a branch.....

Are you one of those brilliant people who gets pulled over for yacking on your phone and complains because there are more important things for police to do with their time....

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Please take me to prison for sagging my pants [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
Ignorance is bliss [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an idiot of course this doesn't surprise anyone I'm sure,I gotta tell you man America is the best country in the world but we need to clean up our act, our whole society thinks it's cool to be hard or act like a thug and when someone asks you to stop peple shout it's profiling or racism or my rights were violated! I just spent the last month over in Europe seeing my parents and I gotta tell you man cities over there are so much safer and quieter, even with millions of people ina city you see blacks whites asians latinos middle easterners walking down the streets and through the malls without seeing the dumb shit we see here everyday and there is still a respect for people and authority! I'm sure this guy will become some sort of folk hero for saggers and win a lawsuit and buy a range rover God Bless America!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

BTW I didn't read the article I'm just saying the world has more problems to deal with than people who sag, but I'm shure since theres a article about him he probably made a big scene or did something wrong and is acting like the victim, am I right?

Oh and for the record I wear my pants higher than Urkel.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its America, we should be able to sag if we want... I don't wear belts on the plane because it takes long enough getting on, it's not that serious... I thought someone had to commit a felony for a citizens arrest [patriot]

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BTW I didn't read the article I'm just saying the world has more problems to deal with than people who sag, but I'm shure since theres a article about him he probably made a big scene or did something wrong and is acting like the victim, am I right?

Oh and for the record I wear my pants higher than Urkel.

So you don't read the article and just see the word sagging and decided to comment? And of course, it is favoring it! Do you ever have any useful posts?
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SAMACH1:
Its America, we should be able to sag if we want... I don't wear belts on the plane because it takes long enough getting on, it's not that serious... I thought someone had to commit a felony for a citizens arrest [patriot]

This is America, indecent exposure is illegal,
This is America my, yours anybody's 6 year old niece, daughter, cousin should not have to see grown ass mens underpants! If some one is showing there underpants when I'm with the young ones they always see it an always question it!

It should be a illegal! Everybody that sags should be fined!

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

This is America my, yours anybody's 6 year old niece, daughter, cousin should not have to see grown ass mens underpants! If some one is showing there underpants when I'm with the young ones they always see it an always question it!

If was indecent exposure, shouldn't he have been stopped at the security checkpoint? None of us were there, so we can't commit on how low his pants were. But for the average person that sags low, they should let that person on the plan. You and some want to fine folks for sagging? Seriously? Because it offends you? Because "you don't like it"? How about I fine you. This is America, people do what others do like. Guess what? They have the right to do so. This comment isn't directed specially for you but to the general public. So what if he sagged, so what I'd someone else is offended, I'm offended by half the comments on the internet but it doesn't mean they get banned. Lighten up, smoke a blunt and just roll with it. Like neight said, there more important things. BTW, I wrote during happy hour and from my cell phone, forgive me for mis spellings, etc. LOL

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
quote:
quote:

If was indecent exposure, shouldn't he have been stopped at the security checkpoint? None of us were there, so we can't commit on how low his pants were. But for the average person that sags low, they should let that person on the plan. You and some want to fine folks for sagging? Seriously? Because it offends you? Because "you don't like it"? How about I fine you. This is America, people do what others do like. Guess what? They have the right to do so. This comment isn't directed specially for you but to the general public. So what if he sagged, so what I'd someone else is offended, I'm offended by half the comments on the internet but it doesn't mean they get banned. Lighten up, smoke a blunt and just roll with it. Like neight said, there more important things. BTW, I wrote during happy hour and from my cell phone, forgive me for mis spellings, etc. LOL
Maybe you can't read very well, it doesn't offend me personally, it offends me that the little girls have to see that shit!

"Lighten up smoke a blunt" Wow just because this is America an it's a free country doesn't mean you can break the law!

As stated in this thread "Ignorance is a bliss"

[ June 16, 2011, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: 98z28 ]

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com