Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » AED tested my 03 COBRA tonight!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: AED tested my 03 COBRA tonight!!
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had AED beef up my rearend in my cobra along with going with 3.73's. Everything is complete and Drew took'er down the track to test out his work... [Big Grin]

Come to find out he's not a big fan of my MGW shifter I have,lol best run of the night for the car was 11.25 @ 125.5 w/1.78 60'
There was one run he told me about where he missed 4th and still ran 11.3 [Eek!] Hopefully Drew or Shaun will chime in. I did like the text from drew saying he beat a few C6 ZO's but one was close!!! Good shit guys, now I just need to re-learn how to drive my own car down the track.

On edit: Drew did say he wants to make a few adjustments to get this thing into the 10's by Wednesday!! Crossin my fingers!! [Cool]

[ May 28, 2011, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: 03SVTPower ]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
11.25 [patriot]

[ May 28, 2011, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: 90fox5.0 ]

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great time man contests 10s in the next few days should be easy

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was hopin for a bit higher mph, but I'll take it. Just wanna know what car is capable before i embarass myself when I get behind wheel...lol [Embarrassed]

--------------------

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AED !!!!!!!!!! FTW
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well keep up the good work. Good job aed

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So everyone laughs at 5ltrsvt for letting drew drive his car, so careful u might get attacked [Big Grin]

Nice mph [patriot]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's what I'm talkin about, nice times for your termi, that motivates me even more to buy one...I would love to have a street car like that, runs good numbers and is reliable...out curiosity, what is done to your termi? If you don't mind me asking [Big Grin] .

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
That's what I'm talkin about, nice times for your termi, that motivates me even more to buy one...I would love to have a street car like that, runs good numbers and is reliable...out curiosity, what is done to your termi? If you don't mind me asking [Big Grin] .

built motor/rearend Kenne Bell pushin 15psi, all the little bolt-ons to make a long mod list short!! lol Last time on dyno made 580/513 SAE to the rear.

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
Originally posted by LETHL 03:
So everyone laughs at 5ltrsvt for letting drew drive his car, so careful u might get attacked [Big Grin]

Nice mph [patriot]

let them attack or laugh, ive always said i couldnt drive! Why not see what it can do so i know what to shoot for! [patriot]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice results Ryan. You know with more seat time Drew will see 10's. Hell if a shop beefed up my rear end id want them to test it at the track and be sure its good before I do. Your numbers are making me hopeful bro.

Have you driven it yet? I want to go with the same gears but not sure how much the twin screw blowers affect your shifting at the track. With the stock blower and 3.55's I was shifting into 4th right before the traps. Things may be different after the blower swap though.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Nice results Ryan. You know with more seat time Drew will see 10's. Hell if a shop beefed up my rear end id want them to test it at the track and be sure its good before I do. Your numbers are making me hopeful bro.

Have you driven it yet? I want to go with the same gears but not sure how much the twin screw blowers affect your shifting at the track. With the stock blower and 3.55's I was shifting into 4th right before the traps. Things may be different after the blower swap though.

Havent driven the car since rear has been done...Drew recommended goin with 3.73's so i listend! lol, i figure, ya gotta hit 4th before the traps anyways, so why not go with 3.73's over the stockers! I asked drew if he wanted to beat on my car for me after car was done, without hesitation he said, yeah no problem ya big dummy! hahahaha.

--------------------

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:

built motor/rearend Kenne Bell pushin 15psi, all the little bolt-ons to make a long mod list short!! lol Last time on dyno made 580/513 SAE to the rear.
Nice... [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:

I can't wait to see the track times on the whipple, sounds like your going to have a fast ride when its done... [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice!! Only problem is if Drew drives it into the 10's you might not be able to match it...just saying.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
Nice!! Only problem is if Drew drives it into the 10's you might not be able to match it...just saying.

Lol I was gonna say "great another aed car not driven by it's owner" [Razz] lol nice numbers. If I read right you said you have 3.73s? Why not 4.10/4.30s?

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4.10's would probably net an additional 3-4mph. Trap RPM is 6400 in 4th with the 3.73's. But the 3.73's are perfect for the street.
Same goes for the shifter. Feels great to drive around on the steet, but at the track it's a bitch!

We datalogged a run... Each shift took .4 seconds. That's 3 shifts x .4 seconds each....over 1 second coasting down the track. That's how bad the shifter is for drag racing. We normally log .2 sec shifts, or in Drews case no lift shifts, but it's not possible with the MGW in this car.

The new suspenssion hits the tires hard as well. Launching without spitting the car sideways is a challenge. I think some actual slicks would drop 60fts 2 tenths.

[ May 28, 2011, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

Lol I was gonna say "great another aed car not driven by it's owner" [Razz] lol nice numbers. If I read right you said you have 3.73s? Why not 4.10/4.30s?
With the torque curve on the twin screw blowers you don't need too much gear down low. Makes traction nearly impossible. With these cars you never want to race in 5th or 6th, so for a street car its a solid gear. But 4.10/4.30 with some full slicks and a soft sidewall would be beast at the track.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:

I can't wait to see the track times on the whipple, sounds like your going to have a fast ride when its done... [patriot]
You and me both man. If Ryan's car is trapping 125 I can only hope to be near 130.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SICK!!!!!!!!

GREAT TIMES!!!!!!!!!

pump gas?
how much money you have into that bad boy, just the motor and blower?

Dan

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
SICK!!!!!!!!

GREAT TIMES!!!!!!!!!

pump gas?

Dan

How much $$$ invested???
What does that have to do with track times?

Guaranteed there's less $$$ invested into this car than any of the Chevy's we raced last night. And it's a damn site faster than Ryan's 98 he had before the Termi.
As long as Ryan is happy, what else matters?

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
SICK!!!!!!!!

GREAT TIMES!!!!!!!!!

pump gas?

Dan

How much $$$ invested???
What does that have to do with track times?

Guaranteed there's less $$$ invested into this car than any of the Chevy's we raced last night. And it's a damn site faster than Ryan's 98 he had before the Termi.
As long as Ryan is happy, what else matters?

Nothing else matters, dude is happy and I am very happy for him. Like I said GREAT times!!!

Not trying to make any point here I was only curious, just like I was curious about pump or race gas.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

We never race any car with straight 91. A bit of race gas is cheap insurance. Just like we recommend to all our customers.

We raced on the 91 octane tune modified with TC turned off and 1 degree more ignition timing than what we had in it on the dyno when it put down 580 SAE.

[ May 28, 2011, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
4.10's would probably net an additional 3-4mph. Trap RPM is 6400 in 4th with the 3.73's. But the 3.73's are perfect for the street.
Same goes for the shifter. Feels great to drive around on the steet, but at the track it's a bitch!

We datalogged a run... Each shift took .4 seconds. That's 3 shifts x .4 seconds each....over 1 second coasting down the track. That's how bad the shifter is for drag racing. We normally log .2 sec shifts, or in Drews case no lift shifts, but it's not possible with the MGW in this car.

The new suspenssion hits the tires hard as well. Launching without spitting the car sideways is a challenge. I think some actual slicks would drop 60fts 2 tenths.

what would you recommend he change the shifter to?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NICE [patriot] one day ill get there clocking 10's lol

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com