Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » BART reaches settlement with Oscar Grant's daughter (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: BART reaches settlement with Oscar Grant's daughter
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7243306

I'm glad the daughter got the money, sucks for the parents though [patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats one hell of a negotiation going from 50million to settling on 1.5mil.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmmmmm, even though this guy wouldnt of made 1.5 mil for his kid, im happy she got it.

as far as his mom suing. i hope she loses. cant put a value on losing a child(i couldnt anyways). and suing is just a low class way to scam some cash imho

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:

Mr Burris probably took half of that money, hell maybe even more [Eek!]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

Vergudo46

1/28/10 10:38 AM EST
To determine a settlement, you have to determine how much a person would have made in a life time. There is no way Grant would have made 1.5 million. He was a bum and a gangster. How much did the 4 cops that got killed in Oakland get? No offense to the child, but neither her nor her mother deserve a penny. Mark As Violation /.........

Really??? I didn't know that this is what settlements on murder cases were based on....I just learned something new. Thank you interwebzzz

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
hmmmmmm, even though this guy wouldnt of made 1.5 mil for his kid, im happy she got it.

as far as his mom suing. i hope she loses. cant put a value on losing a child(i couldnt anyways). and suing is just a low class way to scam some cash imho

well said, and now the mother can't even complain about needing money for the grand-daughter.

Should the police officer be tried for murder????? what you guys think!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

Mr Burris probably took half of that money, hell maybe even more [Eek!]
I'll be happy with $18k man.

--------------------
hahahahaha

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:

well said, and now the mother can't even complain about needing money for the grand-daughter.

Awwww snaps man, this will go on for a while....
I think we should really ask the people that use this specific bart station. Because they are the ones who have to deal with this/see this type of stuff on their daily journey to/from work. I believe that the jury should have been composed of those people that rode in that specific car that night. BUT, that will never happen.

--------------------
hahahahaha

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Not even. Its just an inflated amount. I work in claims and when I look at files attorneys are asking for every single thing they can think of. They usually only get like 1/3 of what they ask if that.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:

oh this could get ugly [Eek!]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

I shall check back in an hour to read page 10.lol

--------------------
hahahahaha

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im a firm believer that the mom should get zero,nothing....

also a firm believer that assuming a role as a peace officer entitles you to have extensive knowledge of what your doing. i believe he was fully trainined and knew what he was doing.MURDER.

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My $.02. Most people in one way or another get what they had coming that goes for the victim if there was any and the criminals wich there is plenty of in this circumstance. Save me all the what if a women gets raped shit im talking specificallya bout men getting treated poorly by law enforcement.

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
arr you guys serious? he was shot for NO REASON, doesnt matter what kind of person you are.. sure got some real pieces of work ( i could think of something else too) on this board.

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1.5 mil after attorney's fees are bullshit. I sat on a jury that awarded 4 mil in malpractice money and the bitch lived. Sounds like they burned a second time because they will run through that money really quick. The kid probably wont see any of it after her guardians "invest" the kids money.
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont see why taxpayers and bart riders have to pay the bill,make the dumb ass that shot him pay for it...
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea 1.5 is kinda low I would never trade that for my dad and those cops who got murdered they knew the risk they took when they put the badge on sucks but that comes with the job and for the Bart cop he should be tried for murder if you carry a gun you better k ow what your doing and shooting anyone in the back you fucked up

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
also a firm believer that assuming a role as a peace officer entitles you to have extensive knowledge of what your doing. i believe he was fully trainined and knew what he was doing.MURDER.
Do you know what it takes to prove "MURDER"? It takes intent. Do you think the officer thought to himself, "Yep, here is my chance. I finally get to kill someone. Too bad there are all these pesky witnesses and co-workers around." I'm sorry that Mr. Grant died, he clearly shouldn't have. I'm sorry his daughter/wife/mother have to go on / grow up without him. It doesn't matter to me what kind of person he was before he was killed. Ganster, preacher, good dude, bad guy, he didn't deserve to die. If you think the officer "MURDERED" him, I don't think you have life in perspective. It was a mistake, the officer intended to use his Taser and he grabbed the wrong tool. Then the officer got shitty representation and made some poor choices in his decision making about what he thought was best for himself.
Does he deserve to be punished, yes. Imprisoned, maybe. Convicted of murder? Not a f'n chance. I'm sure it's possible he does get convicted of murder, because a jury could be a tricky animal. I predict he does not get convicted of murder, and Oakland burns down, and more innocent people get hurt. You know why? Because that is our society. People will smash a window, steal some shit, attack a stranger, and they won't even remember Oscar Grants name.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool I'm ready to loot where's mm location I will start there JK [Big Grin]

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
quote:
Do you know what it takes to prove "MURDER"? It takes intent. Do you think the officer thought to himself, "Yep, here is my chance. I finally get to kill someone. Too bad there are all these pesky witnesses and co-workers around." I'm sorry that Mr. Grant died, he clearly shouldn't have. I'm sorry his daughter/wife/mother have to go on / grow up without him. It doesn't matter to me what kind of person he was before he was killed. Ganster, preacher, good dude, bad guy, he didn't deserve to die. If you think the officer "MURDERED" him, I don't think you have life in perspective. It was a mistake, the officer intended to use his Taser and he grabbed the wrong tool. Then the officer got shitty representation and made some poor choices in his decision making about what he thought was best for himself.
Does he deserve to be punished, yes. Imprisoned, maybe. Convicted of murder? Not a f'n chance. I'm sure it's possible he does get convicted of murder, because a jury could be a tricky animal. I predict he does not get convicted of murder, and Oakland burns down, and more innocent people get hurt. You know why? Because that is our society. People will smash a window, steal some shit, attack a stranger, and they won't even remember Oscar Grants name.

So you mean to tell me if (just what if) i were coming home from the shooting range one day, and i had my glock 40 in the car with me because I was going to a diffrent side of town, but i left the clip in the trunk. I get approched by a mean looking white guy (mind you this is just a what if) and he attacks me for what ever reason. But i pull my gun and accidentally pull the trigger not realizing there was a round in the chamber, and I kill the guy!!!! WOULD THAT BE AN ACCIDENT? I mean im not wrong for having what i think to be an unloaded reigistered firearm in my possesion, and defending my self??? No im black and I killed somebody rather they be black or white. Im gonna get some type of murder charge. What makes it so different for a cop??? Wrong is wrong, even cops should be punished for there mistakes.

my 2 cents [Frown]

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

There's no doubt in my mind if hes not convicted of murder which would be impossible to prove there will be rioting in Oakland and many people will get hurt.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by totalkaos92:
quote:
quote:

So you mean to tell me if (just what if) i were coming home from the shooting range one day, and i had my glock 40 in the car with me because I was going to a diffrent side of town, but i left the clip in the trunk. I get approched by a mean looking white guy (mind you this is just a what if) and he attacks me for what ever reason. But i pull my gun and accidentally pull the trigger not realizing there was a round in the chamber, and I kill the guy!!!! WOULD THAT BE AN ACCIDENT? I mean im not wrong for having what i think to be an unloaded reigistered firearm in my possesion, and defending my self??? No im black and I killed somebody rather they be black or white. Im gonna get some type of murder charge. What makes it so different for a cop??? Wrong is wrong, even cops should be punished for there mistakes.

my 2 cents [Frown]

you know what man. as simple and plain as that sounds. you are 100% right.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Oh

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

I didn't say he shouldn't be punished, I said I don't think he will be (nor should he IMO) convicted of murder. In your scenario, a lawyer could make a case for you and maybe get it pled down to manslaughter or something similar. I agree that your scenario isn't too different from the Bart cop issue. You're claiming that you accidently pulled the trigger. I believe that the cop is going to claim that he accidently grabbed the wrong tool. Does that make both of you murderers? I don't think so. You would have a problem in your defense as to why you were carrying a loaded gun in a car. I know you claim that you didn't know it was loaded, but ignorance is not a defense. You would be reckless in carrying your gun in that manner.

It's a sad, unfortunate situation that is only going to get worse. I'm not saying that he isn't guilty of something. But I don't think he IS guilty of murder.

my 2 cents [/QUOTE]

[ January 29, 2010, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: 5OHS5OH ]

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually he didn't get shot for no reason. For those wanting BART witnesses to fill the jury? You must have no idea how law works, might as well call in batman, superman, and a unicorn. This Criminal got shot for breaking the law, he was drinking on bart, disturbing the peace, and not obeying or listening to the police officer, he was technically resisting arrest and is a repeat offender of small crimes. Should his family get millions? no. His daughter should get enough to put her through college and not a penny more. If he was worth $50million, what are four police officers lives worth who were killed in Oakland? Bottom line is, he was testing what he could get away with. Sitting like everyone else on Bart wouldn't have got him killed, he chose to act in a way that endangered himself.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com