Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would you offer for this Fox? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What would you offer for this Fox?
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to look at this car tomorrow, unfortunately it's an automatic but I would just be using it for a 16 mile round trip commute and it would sit in my garage and give me something to work with a little, I think his asking price is a bit high considering it's an auto, what would your offers be. I hate to lowball but I think 3500 is a fair price for this GT.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1512288502.html

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dunno, but thats a clean 50.

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3500 is good i would try to offer 3100-3250 see if he budges

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it was mine i would take no less then 4500 for it an if you came with a cafords lowball offer i would tell you to kick rocks an not sell it to you
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
if it was mine i would take no less then 4500 for it an if you came with a cafords lowball offer i would tell you to kick rocks an not sell it to you

+1

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The pics aren't great, but it looks like a nice fox. If the title's clean, find out the accidnt history, and look it over for repairs. If it all checks out, I think you could get it for $4k.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would pull out 3800 cash ..bring a friend with you and make it seem like you scrambling for more money and give him 4 or 4100 ..
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1 thats why i never relisted my 5.0 on the list..

[ December 18, 2009, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: SAMACH1 ]

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:
i would pull out 3800 cash ..bring a friend with you and make it seem like you scrambling for more money and give him 4 or 4100 ..

+1....thats what I usually do [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:

when sum1 pulls this on me when im selling a car, i tell em i dont think the cars for them and c ya
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say offer what you feel. Worst thing they can say is no. Shit I would pop off with 3k or lower. If he says no, I leave. I very rarely shoot back a counter offer. If they shoot one I listen. Its a buyers market, act like it.

[ December 18, 2009, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

TubeSteakJohnson
¯
Member # 8967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TubeSteakJohnson  Ford pictures for TubeSteakJohnson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
?4900.00?? he's smokin crack [dance]
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this post is to funny people act like the guy has to sell it to you for what you want to spend
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
this post is to funny people act like the guy has to sell it to you for what you want to spend

+1, just offer what you are willing to pay. If he says no....step. Me personally I wouldnt pay that much for that car and would bounce if he didnt meet my price.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I say offer what you feel. Worst thing they can say is no. Shit I would pop off with 3k or lower. If he says no, I leave. I very rarely shoot back a counter offer. If they shoot one I listen. Its a buyers market, act like it.

Damn! you are really a cheap bastard huh? Thats why I never sell stuff to black folks lol!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

+1, just offer what you are willing to pay. If he says no....step. Me personally I wouldnt pay that much for that car and would bounce if he didnt meet my price.
its just the lowball offers that people are posting but if the were selling there cars they would want real money for it. iam all about the deal but offer 1500 less for he wants for for it is asking like if you could fuck his cat or something.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Damn! you are really a cheap bastard huh? Thats why I never sell stuff to black folks lol!
I am not so much cheap, but I think of myself as a good business man. If something is worth it I pay it. If not I state what I am willing to pay if not I cut. No harm no foul. Also only a fool would not at least attempt a lowball offer. JMO...

The climate almost dictates that you at least throw the lowball bait out there. If he says no, then you set a lower baseline to negotiate from. I do not see the harm in it. WIth the way things are financially in the US you may get it for the lowball.

[ December 18, 2009, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I am not so much cheap, but I think of myself as a good business man. If something is worth it I pay it. If not I state what I am willing to pay if not I cut. No harm no foul. Also only a fool would not at least attempt a lowball offer. JMO...

The climate almost dictates that you at least throw the lowball bait out there. If he says no, then you set a lower baseline to negotiate from. I do not see the harm in it. WIth the way things are financially in the US you may get it for the lowball.

n8 when it comes to cars i offer 500 to 700 hunderd the the asking price b/c that the price that in there head but if i go to a dealer i am mr cafords lowballer
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

n8 when it comes to cars i offer 500 to 700 hunderd the the asking price b/c that the price that in there head but if i go to a dealer i am mr cafords lowballer
me too actually, but folks are hurtin these days. SOmetimes they just need the cash. You wont know unless you ask. My point is there is no harm in the offer.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

me too actually, but folks are hurtin these days. SOmetimes they just need the cash. You wont know unless you ask. My point is there is no harm in the offer.
n8 when you sell stuff you price right most of this guy at like the got gold an really just have molde shit
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it has a clean title and the ext. and int. looks pretty good, that car is worth about 3500-3700. don't be a lowball bastard. just let the seller know you're serious about buying it and ask them for a reasonable deal. see what they say and then you counter $500-700 lower if it's in your price range that you had in mind.

fools that lowball 2000-3000 than the asking price is just wasting people's time.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
fools that lowball 2000-3000 than the asking price is just wasting people's time.

I know it is about to be me against the CaFords ballers Krew. But I would say let the dude offer 3k, shit he may just take it. If he says no and he really wants the car, go from there. Money talks, and sometimes that bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush. I've bought cars for half the asking price. And I have been lowballed before too I dont take it as disrespect like some tend to think. Just politely say no and tell them what you would consider. But like I said there is a likelihood the seller would take it more than ever now. We are in a damn recession.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$3200 tops

why:

Economy is SHOT to shit
Its an Auto
bottom looks yellowed
there is no vin
no mention of clean title
no details
its a GT lol
no motor pics

doesn't seem like they want to sell it bad enough for $4900

the fact that I sold my mustang in this shit econmy for $4700 and it was 3 times better than this

should I go on?

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
$3200 tops

why:

Economy is SHOT to shit
Its an Auto
bottom looks yellowed
there is no vin
no details
its a GT lol
no motor pics

the fact that I sold my mustang in this shit econmy for $4700 and it was 3 times better than this

should I go on?

Jdub is my hero
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
$3200 tops

why:

Economy is SHOT to shit
Its an Auto
bottom looks yellowed
there is no vin
no details
its a GT lol
no motor pics

should I go on?

Jdub is my hero
yet he want 6.5k for 94 f150

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com