Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Halo 3 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Halo 3
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So who are the lucky bastards on this site that are going to get the game? I need a 360 really bad...

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Coyoteswapfox92
¯
Member # 4057

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coyoteswapfox92  Ford pictures for Coyoteswapfox92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im one. Funny thing is I dont even own a 360. My roommate does and I told him that I would purchase the game cause I wanted to play so bad.

--------------------
1992 Coyote project under construction.

Posts: 1051 | From: Yuba City, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I pre-orderd mine... so it SHOULD be here today.

I cant wait to play it on my 50" plasma [Cool]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pre-ordered mine a year ago...lol. With the replica Master Chief helmet. Should be waiting for me when I get off today. I never finished Bio-Shock now gonna be playing this. I'll be useless for the next few days.
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this guy at work took the day off so he could play it [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it only on 360 and not the first gen xbox?

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had mine since Friday.
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 347_C.I.D.:
I pre-orderd mine... so it SHOULD be here today.

I cant wait to play it on my 50" plasma [Cool]

who plays games on a plasma, go LCD

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:

Wow. I love video games but taking off of work is a bit much. I dont know what all the hype is about. Anyone will be able to walk into a game store and buy this right of the shelf. It's really not that serious.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:

Wow. I love video games but taking off of work is a bit much. I dont know what all the hype is about. Anyone will be able to walk into a game store and buy this right of the shelf. It's really not that serious.
I kinda work in this industry and had friends on the Halo dev team (and couldnt get a free copy [Roll Eyes] [BS flag] ) But I ordered the legendary version which is limited and came with a true scale master chief helmet. Cant walk in and get that. Why you ask? I got a little nerd in me.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

It won't be in limited stock because they will have tons of copies but the stock will be accounted for eventually because Halo is basically the Harry Potter equivalent of video games. There are even numerous people buying the 360 just because of halo 3.

I remember back in college days every male house and some females had two video game systems. One was a Gamecube with Super Smash and the other was an xbox with Halo 1 and those games never left the console for the years that I remember.

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just picked it up and got back from Best Buy right now. There was like 3-4 people in front of me.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

I remember back in college days every male house and some females had two video game systems. One was a Gamecube with Super Smash and the other was an xbox with Halo 1 and those games never left the console for the years that I remember.

Damn I am old, It was ps1 with Tekken and grand Turismo and Genesis with Bulls vs Blazers and Street Fighter for me
[worship]

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Street Fighter for me
[worship] [/QB]

[patriot] tHE BEST FIGHTING EVER! [Cool]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Dammit havent even got mine yet now look
http://www.physorg.com/news109949510.html

quote:
'Halo 3' Packaging Scratches Disks
By JESSICA MINTZ, AP Technology Writer
(AP) -- Less than 24 hours after die-hard fans finally got their hands on a copy of "Halo 3," blogs brimmed with reports that special limited-edition packaging is scratching the video game disks.

Microsoft Corp., which owns the studio that makes "Halo 3," responded quickly on its Xbox Web site with details for a replacement program. Customers can fill out a form and send in their scratched limited-edition disks for a free exchange through the end of December.

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder how the packaging is scratching the disks. My buddy got the lengendary one and the games still come in the regular X box game case... [Confused]
I have 2 copies of Halo 3 between myself and friends, and have a 62in TV and a 52in TV side by side in the same room. 8 person halo 2 was fun, i cant wait for 8 person halo 3 [worship]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C.:
I wonder how the packaging is scratching the disks. My buddy got the lengendary one and the games still come in the regular X box game case... [Confused]
I have 2 copies of Halo 3 between myself and friends, and have a 62in TV and a 52in TV side by side in the same room. 8 person halo 2 was fun, i cant wait for 8 person halo 3 [worship]

Sweet setup. But, I really thought halo 2 was subpar compared to halo 1 and halo 3 beta.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Damn I am old, It was ps1 with Tekken and grand Turismo and Genesis with Bulls vs Blazers and Street Fighter for me
[worship]

LOL. Those are true classics. I think I was in middle school when those titles dropped. I remember playing street efighter 2 on the snes until 4am in the morning. LOL and a quarter of the time went into configuring the buttons because everyone had a different setup. I remember everyone played so much that we could set it up without looking at the screen.

[ September 25, 2007, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: essasin ]

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:

Sweet setup. But, I really thought halo 2 was subpar compared to halo 1 and halo 3 beta.
thanks! I kinda agree, i like halo 1's multi player alot better, but i do have to say the multi player for Halo 3 is awesome. But some will like it some hate it. They have really neat power up things too now. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks! I kinda agree, i like halo 1's multi player alot better, but i do have to say the multi player for Halo 3 is awesome. But some will like it some hate it. They have really neat power up things too now. [Whoo Whooooo!]
chris, you better invite me over fool! -Joe

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
quote:
quote:
quote:

chris, you better invite me over fool! -Joe
haha for sure Joe. Pm me ur number again, i didnt transfer it over when i got a new phone. I'll hit you up soon to geek out with my buddies and i. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I must be old. I rember playing PONG in junor high. I dont even know what king of a game halo is????

[ September 25, 2007, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Well so far while I am enjoying H3 some of the changes in the buttons and how you pick up things are kind irritating. So far I dont think it is better than Gears of War. but I am loving the new guns and items like bubble shields. Still a great game but I think I may have psych'd myself up a bit too much so I feel kinda let down...lol.
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my collectors edition yesterday.

If anyone wants to play on live add me AlmostPRO925.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

[worship]

I have all those games/systems. I still would never pay for any extra dough for a special edition game, HELLO its the exact same game in each package! Just let me play the damn game, thats all I want. All those extra knick knacks are for losers, a helmet are u fucking kidding me, lol? Its funny, I laugh when the game store employees trick kids into getting the so called 'special edition'. Gamers just play the game. I'll take and an extra 'NORMAL' version with out the extra shit and without spending an extra $60 if you please [patriot]

Collectors edition of a video game [Roll Eyes] ,.......LOL [Big Grin]

[ September 26, 2007, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com