Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Lebron James or Kobe Bryant? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Lebron James or Kobe Bryant?
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you had to choose one for your team who would it be? Why?

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kobe Bryant [worship] . I got 2 give it to Lebron hes good but kobe is better
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kobe - He is a proven product. I'd take AI over LeBron
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:

Kobe isn't proven. He won championships with Shaq but haven't done anything without him. The year before Lebron was drafted the Cavs were the worst team in the NBA. The next year they were a game or two away from the playoffs. Lebron makes his teammates better and Kobe makes his teammates worst.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kobe knows how to win. Kobe is an all round better player. Lebron can't do shit in the 4th quarter. Leborn has better teammates then kobe does anyways. I dont care what any1 says Kobe is better then Lebron hands down.
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say Lebron...he's still young, but he got game. Just think back at when Kobe was as young as Lebron....Lebron is definitely going to be better than Kobe imho. [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only reason why Kobe scores as many points as he does is because he gets fouled out all of the time, so on this one I'm going to have to go with Lebron James, I've never liked Kobe Bryant with his small peanut head and deformed ears. That's just my opinion, we're all entitled to our own opinions right?

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Lakers would not have won without Kobe either. I really dont like Kobe much, but I gotta give him his props, he plays the game on a higher level than that of LeBron at the moment. I think LeBron may have a little more athleticism than Kobe at this point. But Kobe just thinks the game better than LeBron. And I honestly feel Kobe could play the point way better than LeBron. While LeBron could play the 3 better. I'd take D-Wade over LeBron too. LeBron just isnt complete right now.
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Kobe isn't proven. He won championships with Shaq but haven't done anything without him. The year before Lebron was drafted the Cavs were the worst team in the NBA. The next year they were a game or two away from the playoffs. Lebron makes his teammates better and Kobe makes his teammates worst.

i agree. take away shaq, the lakers are out of the playoffs. take away kobe, they're still in the playoffs although not championship contenders. anyways, right now i'd take kobe easily. but i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see lebron have a better career when its all said and done.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quote:

How many championship's did shaq win without Kobe? I think both of them are great but kobe has the never say die attitude to keep striving after everyone else has thrown in the towel. He has incredible talent plus the work ethic's that are unequaled, during the regular season and in the off season He is busting His ass to perfect His skill's. Just does'nt have the supporting cast to win championship's rite now.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Kobe also puts up more shots than anyone else each game. Shoots 44% from the field. Is rank 8th in turnovers per game. Also gets 10 points at the freethrow line each game.

Lebron is rank 12th in assist per game, 3rd in points per game, shoots 47% from the field, 1st in minutes played per game. Plus his team has a better record

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KOBE hands down.

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lebron

younger, more athletic, gets his teammates involved...

kobe is just a ball hog lol.....that cant win for SHIT... 0.500 for the rest of his career..

no shaq, no championship for kobe...

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03smknsvt:
KOBE hands down.

[patriot]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lebron. not a primadonna like kobe. involves his team every night.no compition over kobe on that point. younger more talented easier to coach which in my opinion makes it easier for him to improve. and look how much longer it took kobe to score like lebron can now, to play d, and lebron is all alone in clev, kobe had shaq to take a ton of pressure off.

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

To kobe's defense he did not HAVE to score like LeBron does back then. LeBron HAS to score, he is the offense. While Kobe was part of a offense. Switch the roles and I am sure the both can do either. But......Kobe can literally put a team on his back. LeBron cannot right now. He has all the talent one can have but I am telling you, he dont really think the game right now. And Kobe is a straight complete player. No real flaws in his game. LeBron still makes ill-advised decisions. His team has a better record, but look at the shake-ups the lakers have been thru. Cleveland's team has kinda grown together. But start losing players and stuff and I guarantee they will struggle. I still say Kobe, and I still will take D-Wade over LeBron, and almost over Kobe for that matter. I bet D-Wade ends up having a better career than both of them
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
To kobe's defense he did not HAVE to score like LeBron does back then. LeBron HAS to score, he is the offense. While Kobe was part of a offense. Switch the roles and I am sure the both can do either. But......Kobe can literally put a team on his back. LeBron cannot right now. He has all the talent one can have but I am telling you, he dont really think the game right now. And Kobe is a straight complete player. No real flaws in his game. LeBron still makes ill-advised decisions. His team has a better record, but look at the shake-ups the lakers have been thru. Cleveland's team has kinda grown together. But start losing players and stuff and I guarantee they will struggle. I still say Kobe, and I still will take D-Wade over LeBron, and almost over Kobe for that matter. I bet D-Wade ends up having a better career than both of them

Kobe flaw is that he doesn't make his other teammates better. Lebron, Duncan, Jordan, Nash and Shaq all make their other teammates better. Kobe on the other hand makes his teammates worst, example Odom.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kobe hands down although Lebron is still young and could reach Kobe numbers eventually. Kobe is the leagues leading scorer and not to mention his 80+point performance this year. And Shaq has not won anything either without Kobe so save that argument.
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Lamar Odom has been ASS for the last few seasons. He isnt like he used to be. You cant run a offense thru him anymore. And he is just 1 point under his career numbers so Kobe isnt effecting him that much. And Kobe is averaging 34 - 4 and 3 right now. Which is not indicative of a selfish player. Nash is average just over 3 turnovers per game, but averaging 10 assists and 19 points. But when you do the math of the value of the numbers They almost have equal value in terms of impact. BTW LeBron is averaging 30 - 6 and 3. SO his numbers are about the same in terms of impact. So what it basically comes down to is poise and decision making. Which is why I would bet the farm on Kobe at the end of the game. LeBron just isnt quite there yet. Once again I'd take D-Wade over LeBron [patriot]
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1990Silver5.0:
Kobe is an all round better player.

Obviously you don't really pay attention.

-

-

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Well you cut your image a little short, you left off the career stats. You have to consider the longevity at which Kobe has maintained this level. Which is why I say hey is a complete player. Experience and poise goes a long way in a finesse game such as basketball. We have seen him on the grandest of all stages (the Finals) and not only did he win (more than once) but he was pretty much a integral part of the championship run. We have yet to see LeBron on that level yet. To say he can do it is only conjecture. And people will say yea he had shaq, but shaq had him too. Without a D-Wade or a Kobe Shaq would see more triple, quadruple teams than ever. So essentially they helped each other. Like I said I dont like Kobe but the dude is one of only 3 un-stoppable players in the NBA.
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well you cut your image a little short, you left off the career stats. You have to consider the longevity at which Kobe has maintained this level. Which is why I say hey is a complete player. Experience and poise goes a long way in a finesse game such as basketball. We have seen him on the grandest of all stages (the Finals) and not only did he win (more than once) but he was pretty much a integral part of the championship run. We have yet to see LeBron on that level yet. To say he can do it is only conjecture. And people will say yea he had shaq, but shaq had him too. Without a D-Wade or a Kobe Shaq would see more triple, quadruple teams than ever. So essentially they helped each other. Like I said I dont like Kobe but the dude is one of only 3 un-stoppable players in the NBA.

Come on man you can't compare career Labron hasn't been playing for that long... [Roll Eyes] Kobe is no doubt an offensive machine but as you can see by the Lakers .500 record scoring doesn't mean everything.

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Kobe knows how to win.

Thatsa good one. Do you even know the Lakers record or have you watched them at all the last 2 seasons. AI knows how to win and does whatever it takes. [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Kobe knows how to win.

Thats a good one [Roll Eyes] . Do you even know the Lakers record or have you even watched them at all the last 2 seasons. AI knows how to win and does whatever it takes. [patriot] I would take Lebron because he has the potential to be greater than Kobe.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

TrueBlue
Yea thats why I say he is a proven product. He has been doing it for so long and did it on the highest level The Finals.

And the Lakers lost almost 1/3 of their scoring with Shaq leaving. Every team in the NBA adjusted their defense accordingly. Kobe is the only weapon right now. And he still gets it done. But there is only so much 1 person can do. Any teams record is going to suffer when you lose a Shaq. But Kobe is doing all he can, and i dont think passing it all the time is the key either. He needs better or more gusy players with him. His numbers are really like Jordans when Chicago couldnt seem to get past Detroit. But they got him some help and he went on to be the greatest player to play the game.

But I think we all agree that AI is the truth. A straight throw back Isiah Thomas type of player. Thats the only thing Kobe is missing but is gettin it. That heart of a champion.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com