Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » people w/ OFF ROAD x/h pipes... *IN HERE PLS* (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: people w/ OFF ROAD x/h pipes... *IN HERE PLS*
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was wondering.. those w/ Off Road X or H pipes..

1) do you guys regret going Off Road?
2) do you guys worry about SMOG?
3) is it too loud ?? just right? to quiet??
4) any regrets?
5) do you worry about cops?
6) what's the worst that can happen if you get pulled over w/o cats??

im thinking of getting an off road pipe for my 03 Cobra, but i just want to hear your opinions.. i really appreciate it!

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1)yes
2)hate swapping them out for smog
3)too loud although it sounds awesome
4)none
5)not worried about the cops
6)ticket, impound, fines, and have to go to the smog ref.

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't fuck around with cats. If you get a mid pipe get the cats. Either way your not legal and the gains you get without cats are minimal. If you want muscle car loud get an H with cats. If you want Exotic loud go with the X with cats. I have had both an X and H on my 03 with Stingers and I like the H a whole lot better. Currently have an MRT H.

My 2 cents? Get an H with cats. Will at least pass a sniffer

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1)nope
3)It sounds just right
4)none
5)not worried about the cops
6)ticket, impound, fines, and have to go to the smog ref.

[ November 17, 2005, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: boostin1.8 ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1) No
2) No
3) too loud
4) not really
5) a little (I just push the clutch in when I see one)
6) Big fines

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1)hell no
2)just switch back to the stock H-pipe for smog
3)Not to loud,just right
4)None at all
5)Not many check under your car
6)Switch back to stock go to the ref,pay the ticket
I would say go for it. [Wink]

[ November 17, 2005, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: PWR HNGRY 302 ]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1)yes
3)Perfection!
4)none
5)ummm ya! hehehehehe!
6)ticket, impound, fines (1k per cat), and have to go to the smog ref.

H pipes are the way to go!!

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1) nope
2) just swap back to my stock h when it comes time
3) it is really loud especially when cold. sometimes too loud but you get used to it
4) nope
5) only when i get on it and or they are right behind me
6) immediate smog ref, impound, and i heard $5-10,000 fine if the cop is really a dickhead

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck smog... and the police. sounds perfect
twins
¯
Member # 5069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twins  Ford pictures for twins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHAT BOTH 92STANGLX AND PWRHNGRY302 SAID. IVE GOTTEN TWO SMOG TICKETS IN THE PAST AND THATS BECAUSE I WAS WHERE I SHOULDNT BE. ONE TICKET FOR NO CATS COST 130.00 TICKET FOR HEADERS COST 10.00. KEEP IN MIND THESE WERE BOTH FOX BODY CARS. THE COPS NEVER REALY CARE ABOUT NEW CARS THAT MUCH AT LEAST I HAVENT ENCOUNTERED ANY PROBLEMS SINCE IVE OWNED MY COBRA. THE POWER YOU GAIN MAY BE MINIMAL AT 1RST BUT THE MORE POWER YOU ADD THE MORE IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE AND IT SOUNDS GREAT. WHO CARES ABOUT SMOG YOU DONT HAVE TO SMOG YOUR CAR FOR LIKE 5 YEARS.
twins
¯
Member # 5069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twins  Ford pictures for twins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FINES ARE PRETTY MUCH UP TO THE JUDGE AND IVE NEVER KNOWN ANYONE TO PAY A LARGE FINE.
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks EVERYONE for your replies.. they're much much appreciated... i guess i'll go w/ sharkattack's advice and go w/ the MRT catted H... thanks again for the replies...

sharkattack, where did u purchase your MRT catted H?? how much?

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
twins
¯
Member # 5069

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for twins  Ford pictures for twins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CATS SUCK

[ November 17, 2005, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: mach1killa ]

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Procharged2Kv6:
i was wondering.. those w/ Off Road X or H pipes..

1) do you guys regret going Off Road?
2) do you guys worry about SMOG?
3) is it too loud ?? just right? to quiet??
4) any regrets?
5) do you worry about cops?
6) what's the worst that can happen if you get pulled over w/o cats??

im thinking of getting an off road pipe for my 03 Cobra, but i just want to hear your opinions.. i really appreciate it!

http://www.mrt-direct.com/

Check around you may find a cheaper price.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mach1killa:
CATS SUCK

+1 [burnout] cats= [BS flag]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree, I dont see why you should spend the extra money on a catted pipe when they are technically still "Illegal". All cars that are smogged must have the original amount of cat's on it for it to be technically legal. (not that this always aply but that is what is in writing)

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1) do you guys regret going Off Road? Yes - my neighbors do too!!! First time I heard it I knew my car was WAY too loud for everyday use.

2) do you guys worry about SMOG? Yes - my reg. is 4 months past due. Nice.

3) is it too loud ?? just right? to quiet?? Too loud - and I NEVER thought I'd feel like that. I'm growing out of it...

4) any regrets? Yup - I can be stealth rolling into the driveway at 3am anymore. I get yelled at for driving 25 mph down the street because people think I'm doing 100 mph. I've actually stopped in front of peoples house to explain that just because you can HEAR my car - does not mean I'm speeding. Fuktards.

5) do you worry about cops? All the time - I don't even drive the GT if I'm going to be drinking.

6) what's the worst that can happen if you get pulled over w/o cats?? I heard that the cops make you do like 100 1-handed push ups then you have to sing the Pledge of Allegiance backwards...that's just what I've heard. Oh yeah - they can give you a fix it ticket if they're in a good mood too. [Big Grin]

Hope this helps you make a decision...(don't do it).

--------------------
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (for sale)
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Posts: 480 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why put new mid pipe w/ cats on if your stock pipe already has cats. The purpose of cats is to reduce emmisions and pass smog. Might as well try to sweeze evey bit of power out your car w/ an O/R pipe and just switch back when you need to. Its not too loud for me. It sounds like a mustang should [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just go offroad and have someone weld on some cat shells if you are that worried about it.

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my offroad H.

just use quieter mufflers than you would with the stock setup and it is fine.

with my stock H on I can barely hear my car at idle with my dynomax superturbo catback, but with the offroad H on it sounds perfect

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
Just go offroad and have someone weld on some cat shells if you are that worried about it.

[patriot]

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have been pull over about three times already cause of loud exhaust but never got a ticket, and they never check under the car, maybe cause my car is too low [Big Grin] .

GO OFF ROAD X PIPE AND JUST KEEP THE STOCK H PIPE.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have all my smog equipment [Smile]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CatS do suck... I could never understand how people say it's too load without cats. I use to have o/r H with 1 chamber and it sounded good.. (on my 89). Only thing that I kinda disliked was the little bit of poppin from the 1 chambers.. If u think it's too loud u just need A better louder sound system [Wink]
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check sig for mods. I dont regret it all! I also dont get harrassed by the cops (even when I've got tickets). They complemented my car though [Big Grin] . I understand the consequences, but (knock on wood) I've been harrassed free since day one!

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com