Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Buyer Beware HaulinAss Motorsports (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Buyer Beware HaulinAss Motorsports
Bh Super Low
¯
Member # 6504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bh Super Low  Ford pictures for Bh Super Low  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i dont want this to be a huge pissfest..
however i could not find a good forum to post this in.

Let me explain my situation...
We saw that haulinass was selling a motor/trans etc...
We called and he stated that it was from a running car / they fired it / yada yada yada...

Said that pretty much the motor is in great shape and guarantee'd me it would work great.

So we ended up buying the motor/trans/harness - etc.. for 900
we towed the car pulled the motor / trans / etc..
he picked the car back up.

So supposedly this was supposed to be a good motor.. Supposedly it was a motor that ran when he fired it.. Supposedly it was driven by a chick..

Anyways...

We try and fire it up w/ antoher battery.. It doesnt fire up.. Doenst have spark.. we think of whatever its just something simple. So we still pull the motor out and get to work

Lets start w/ the easy things to spot
Motor mounts DESTORYED - The solid metal mount.. Not the rubber pieces mind you
The tranny Mount - DESTROYED
the engine harness - all clips destroyed before i even touched them there were pieces missing.
EGR PIPE - Totally Blocked off

Next we take off the transmission. There are 10mm bolts holding on the pressure plate
Not only that but the clutch is toast and so is the flywheel. They are soo heat soaked you would think a drag racer had just did a 1.9 60 foot w/ slicks.. That is how abused this clutch is.

Next up The intake manifold / EGR Spacer / Throttle Body.
So we try and get the tb off and egr off. Well guess what they are melded on. the whole thing is stuck together. Wont come off. So now i have a usless Upper manifold and EGR.

The oil pan gets removed. Metal shaving everywhere. Pickup is clogged with metal shaving as well as gasket material

Next up.
The bearings are scored.. Totally useless..
Cylinder wall are scored and pistons scraped it nice and well.

Alrighty what else. Pieces of the crank bearing were missing.. They were in the oil!!! GREAT!!!

ALL Water jackets are covered in mold. Take off the throttle body / head / everything is mold..

Oh yeah there is no thermostat in the thermostat housing either..

And the sad part is i am sooo scared to even look at the transmission.
When we were putting it on the tow truck the car was in gear and the sucker still rolled back and almost killed one of my friends.

Also now that we discovered all this. we need to buy another block.. Which is an expense that i did not account for considering that this was supposed to be a quick budget build just to get the sucker running cause we have tight deadlines..

Long story short..
Be very wary of your dealings w/ him..

Haulin.. If you are reading this.. If you had any sense of customer service, your best bet would be to give me another motor and take this piece of junk motor off my hands. Same goes w/ tranny as i have a good inkling that this tranny never worked in the first place.. Thanks for reading this post.. and sorry if it sounds slightly agressive as i am pretty upset wasting almost a thousand dollars on pretty much nothing that works.

[ January 06, 2009, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Bh Super Low ]

Posts: 32 | From: fremont, ca | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
only question i have is that did you try and contact HaulinAss before you posted?

just wondering if you gave him a chance to make things right before this...

that is all... not taking sides in either way....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Bh Super Low
¯
Member # 6504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bh Super Low  Ford pictures for Bh Super Low  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i tried to call him many times and his voice mail box was full every time i tried.

but look at it this way..
if he can fix all these issues.. it would be a great reputation booster as he would have great customer service...

I am not trying to ruin his name as i do believe that he could redeem himself and straighten this situation out.

But sadly i believe the only way to get a hold of him is through this method

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
+1 on what Jordan said.

Also one bad thing is post count here. I know it shouldn't matter. But it will.

2 things I hope

I hope you guys work this out amicably and out of public eye

and

I hope you gave him a chance to right this first personally before you brought this out here like this.

edit
Just read your post above mine. Did you try PM'n him? Or emailing him? I would have exhausted everything before turning this into Days of Our Lives. Also he has a brother here whose phone number is one digit different from him. the last digit is one higher or lower I believe.

[ January 06, 2009, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't have bought it if it didn't start for you in the first place. If it was said to be a great running motor and you try and fire it up and it wont even spark then I'd have taken my $900 and walked.

Hope all turns out for the best [patriot]

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off I never sold you a motor and trans I sold you a COMPLETE PROJECT 86 Mustang GT JUNK TITLED Convertible 5 speed Car for $900.00 that was on here and on CL. I never said I drove it I said I fired it for a quick second when it was purchased from a tow yard. I did say that a lady had donated it and that it had been sitting for quite some time. It had extensive convertible frame damage as her daughter had tried to put the top back up while driving it and it had sat since. That is all the info I had on the car, therefore that is all the info I had for you. I never said anything more or less

You even reposted the car w/o the engine,trans and wiring back here on this board and cl and tried to SCAM everyone leaving out the JUNK title part. I pmed everyone that was interested and let them know that it was a junk title. You got all
mad I did that and that it didnt sell and called me to have the car picked back up as your HOA was crawling up your ass. Protecting my interests I had the car picked back up by a tow company. After seeing the condition of the car after you pulled the motor and trans, I easily see how all the external damage you speak of occurred.You never removed the trans mount it was ripped out,the motor mounts as well were ripped out never unbolted, the dash was yanked out not unbolted and there were cut wires under the dash and hood, so again don't blame me for your work.

So being I don't have x-ray vision and you bought a project mustang, not a known tested motor and trans combo how am I in the wrong?

BTW don't blame me or a car for you and your friends incompetence while trying to load a car. You could have injured your friend seriously because of your stupidity.

You have NEVER ONCE tried to contact me regarding this matter. My VM Box has never been full it holds 50 new messages so IMO you are only here to start shit 3 months after you bought a CAR

ON EDIT:
I also would like to point out that ANY Engine/Trans setups I sell I leave in the car so that they can be heard and tested. Poeple get upset that they have to make 2 trips but they know when they leave that they are getting a good running engine or trans and not some POS that is just sitting on the ground.

[ August 06, 2012, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
quote:
Originally posted by Bh Super Low:
so i dont want this to be a huge pissfest..
however i could not find a good forum to post this in.

Let me explain my situation...
We saw that haulinass was selling a motor/trans etc...
We called and he stated that it was from a running car / they fired it / yada yada yada...

Said that pretty much the motor is in great shape and guarantee'd me it would work great.

So we ended up buying the motor/trans/harness - etc.. for 900
we towed the car pulled the motor / trans / etc..
he picked the car back up.

So supposedly this was supposed to be a good motor.. Supposedly it was a motor that ran when he fired it.. Supposedly it was driven by a chick..

Anyways...

We try and fire it up w/ antoher battery.. It doesnt fire up.. Doenst have spark.. we think of whatever its just something simple. So we still pull the motor out and get to work

Lets start w/ the easy things to spot
Motor mounts DESTORYED - The solid metal mount.. Not the rubber pieces mind you
The tranny Mount - DESTROYED
the engine harness - all clips destroyed before i even touched them there were pieces missing.
EGR PIPE - Totally Blocked off

Next we take off the transmission. There are 10mm bolts holding on the pressure plate
Not only that but the clutch is toast and so is the flywheel. They are soo heat soaked you would think a drag racer had just did a 1.9 60 foot w/ slicks.. That is how abused this clutch is.

So we try and get the tb off and egr off. Well guess what they are melded on. the whole thing is stuck together. Wont come off. So now i have a usless Upper manifold and EGR.

The oil pan gets removed. Metal shaving everywhere. Pickup is clogged with metal shaving as well as gasket material

Next up.
The bearings are scored.. Totally useless..
Cylinder wall are scored and pistons scraped it nice and well.

Alrighty what else. Pieces of the crank bearing were missing.. They were in the oil!!! GREAT!!!

ALL Water jackets are covered in mold. Take off the throttle body / head / everything is mold..

Oh yeah there is no thermostat in the thermostat housing either..

And the sad part is i am sooo scared to even look at the transmission.
When we were putting it on the tow truck the car was in gear and the sucker still rolled back and almost killed one of my friends.

Also now that we discovered all this. we need to buy another block.. Which is an expense that i did not account for considering that this was supposed to be a quick budget build just to get the sucker running cause we have tight deadlines..

Long story short..
Be very wary of your dealings w/ him..

Haulin.. If you are reading this.. If you had any sense of customer service, your best bet would be to give me another motor and take this piece of junk motor off my hands. Same goes w/ tranny as i have a good inkling that this tranny never worked in the first place.. Thanks for reading this post.. and sorry if it sounds slightly agressive as i am pretty upset wasting almost a thousand dollars on pretty much nothing that works.

WOW!

First off I never sold you a motor and trans I sold you a COMPLETE PROJECT 86 Mustang GT JUNK TITLED Convertible 5 speed Car for $900.00 that was on here and on CL. I never said I drove it I said I fired it for a quick second when it was purchased from a tow yard. I did say that a lady had donated it and that it had been sitting for quite some time. It had extensive convertible frame damage as her daughter had tried to put the top back up while driving it and it had sat since. That is all the info I had on the car, therefore that is all the info I had for you. I never said anything more or less

You even reposted the car w/o the engine,trans and wiring back here on this board and cl and tried to SCAM everyone leaving out the JUNK title part. I pmed everyone that was interested and let them know that it was a junk title. You got all
mad I did that and that it didnt sell and called me to have the car picked back up as your HOA was crawling up your ass. Protecting my interests I had the car picked back up by a tow company. After seeing the condition of the car after you pulled the motor and trans, I easily see how all the external damage you speak of occurred.You never removed the trans mount it was ripped out,the motor mounts as well were ripped out never unbolted, the dash was yanked out not unbolted and there were cut wires under the dash and hood, so again don't blame me for your work.

So being I don't have x-ray vision and you bought a project mustang, not a known tested motor and trans combo how am I in the wrong?

BTW don't blame me or a car for you and your friends incompetence while trying to load a car. You could have injured your friend seriously because of your stupidity.

You have NEVER ONCE tried to contact me regarding this matter. My VM Box has never been full it holds 50 new messages so IMO you are only here to start shit 3 months after you bought a CAR

ON EDIT:
I also would like to point out that ANY Engine/Trans setups I sell I leave in the car so that they can be heard and tested. Poeple get upset that they have to make 2 trips but they know when they leave that they are getting a good running engine or trans and not some POS that is just sitting on the ground.

[worship] Facts say it all [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

5.0sak
¯
Member # 8635

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for 5.0sak  Ford pictures for 5.0sak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well HaulinAss did sell me a stuck 140 mph speedo that I drove 3 hours to pick up from Sac, he said it was from a working car blah blah blah... but he did offer to exchange it if I wanted to...just my 2 cents..... not flaming ya matt just letting everyone know that you offered to exchange it....

[ January 06, 2009, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: 5.0sak ]

--------------------
1992 Hatchback

Bh Super Low
¯
Member # 6504

Wow nice and professional =)
anyways...

With the motor situation, you stated it fired right up ran good. Being a person who sells motors here and has a history on the forums. We believed you, we wanted to hear it fire when we were there but there was no battery and we were waiting for you for quite some time and it was getting late. We took your word that the motor was ok. (I believe that is my fault, for trusting you)

We had only come with the intent to pick up the motor and trans. You had stated that you wanted to give the h-pipe and wheels to a friend of yours. Not a problem. After finding out about the wheel locks and such we just said F/ it and you wanted to pick the car back up. which i had no problems with either. After a few days of the car sitting out there with broken promises to take the car, i posted it on craigs and cafords. I think it was 50 or 100 dollars. PRetty much just a parts car. you are correct i do not believe i said that it was a junk title. or had no title. Or no official bill of sale. I just wanted someone to take it. I also did not know that you were pm'ing ppl interested in the car. Nor did i get angry. But then again you could of pm'd them because you were trying to get the car back so you could sell and strip more parts off of it. I do not know. In all honesty i wasnt "ripping people off" i was just attempting to get the chassis off the street before the state/City took it away.

In regards to the condition of the interior, you are correct we destroyed the dash, i had no need for the dash so i did not care much about keeping it in pristine condition. The interior was already trashed by the previous owner. Our main objective was to get the motor / trans / engine wiring / ecu. That is all. And in regards to the busted mounts. We used an engine crane, bolted it up properly ensuring that everything was kosher. Then unbolted the mounts holding the engine and trans. Please come up with a better excuse than saying that i personally ripped the mounts off with my bare hands. like i said earlier this is the metal portion of the mounts where it bolts to the block not where it bolts to the chassis. The metal brackets were ripped up, if it was me who broke them why was there a bolt w/ a huge washer holding one of the brackets holding the motor in place.

And you can say what you would like. But honestly you are not the easiest person to get a hold of. We have attempted without success. I dont know what exactly to say about your 50+ voicemail capacity as i dont want to assume anything.

And the reasoning for posting this 3 months afterwards is due to fact that i said previously. This was supposed to be a budget build from the ground up. We were busy working on the chassis. Getting it seam welded, stripping, reinforcing it. We did not until recently refer back to the motor and notice that all these issues had come up. Regardless of timeframe, the fact of the matter is that the engine was pretty useless. I did not do a switch job and sell the good motor buy a bad motor and then attempt to blame you. No, i am just here telling the truth.

Also i did not attack you calling you stupid or incompetent so please refrain from the name calling, the car was in gear clutch out / e-brake up / brakes on and it still rolled off. I dont see how we were incompetent or stupid, One would think that with all the precautions that were taken short of chocking the car. IT would not have rolled back.

Sadly, the last statement you make in regards to saying all your motors are left in car yada yada, i dont believe that to be true as this is the first time you had stated that. in your previous posts it was just engine for sale, running low miles. $$$ obo.

Also, if you as a vendor gets this irate i am sorry for anyone else that doesnt have the balls to stand up to you cause you are seriously not having the correct attitude

Bh Super Low
¯
Member # 6504

And after reading both posts. Its going to be one of those he-said this he said that scenario's

We will both have our opinions. And sadly the truth is intermingled between both of our posts. If you are not willing to do anything other than attack me and my friends. Just let me know. If you notice in the first and original post i had stated that you could easily redeem yourself and i personally have no hatred or spite for you. I am just wishing that you would be a bit more professional and see if you could work with me on this but i guess that is out of the question.

I am not an active member on this forum, i post on here when necessary and when i need to buy particular items. I was unaware that he had a brother.

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a motor off matt and had no problems, everything went as he said, no surprises.my 2 cents.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

every motor I've ever taken apart is exactly like that, covered in orange deposits in the water jackets, and the t/b + egr is stuck to the intake. Now the other shit like the spun bearings and metal shavings, that's an issue.

but those things? The only time I've ever not had a hard time seperating the t/b from the intake is when the shit was aftermarket or somebody else had previously cracked the seal. It's a bitch yes, but they're ALL like that.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And after reading both posts. Its going to be one of those he-said this he said that scenario's

We will both have our opinions. And sadly the truth is intermingled between both of our posts. If you are not willing to do anything other than attack me and my friends. Just let me know. If you notice in the first and original post i had stated that you could easily redeem yourself and i personally have no hatred or spite for you. I am just wishing that you would be a bit more professional and see if you could work with me on this but i guess that is out of the question.

I am not an active member on this forum, i post on here when necessary and when i need to buy particular items. I was unaware that he had a brother.

You come in here and rip my head off after never once emailing,pming, or calling me regarding this matter. Say all these things that are far from the truth and at the end say "but I don't want to start anything or flame you blah blah blah". You know you bought a car, you know I knew nothing about it.

I didn't even want to sell it to you that day, I was in the middle of moving my shop and having cars and my lift towed. I had no time to deal with it but you sat at my new shop for 10 hours after I told you numerous times I couldn't do it that day. I'm sorry you didn't look things over, again not my fault.

I'm not going to get into anything other than the facts at hand. I'm sorry you had troubles loading the car, again not my problem.

AS far as me getting the car back, I told you the car was not to go with the wheels as they were a customers of mine,it was late again I was in the middle of a move and I trusted you to bring them back. My customer even brought you roller wheels to put on and you still shyed him on. Weeks went by with empty promises from you to return my wheels. After I saw that you had the car for sale with my wheels on it yes I told you I would just take what was left back. I pulled the wheels of the rest of the car went to the mill.

[ August 06, 2012, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

DARKSHO
¯
Member # 7446

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DARKSHO  Ford pictures for DARKSHO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 2 cents everything Ive bought from Matt has always been better than he said it was.
AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707
¯
Member # 6243

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707  Ford pictures for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

--------------------
1993 red cobra
1973 celica chevy 406/t5/narrow 9
1969 camaro
1992 lx hatch

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bottom line dude you bot a used motor out of a junk car, how good do you think its gonna be. As for Matt, I have driven 5-6 hour round trips in traffic both ways just to buy parts from $15 up a few hundred, all because he is one of the FEW stand up guys on here and wouldn't doubt his judgement or word, he isn't some guy in his backyard or garage trying to scam for every last dime he can, parting cars and selling parts as well as other things are old news to this guy. Matt keep up the good work man, your reputation is not tarnished with me bud
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
Bottom line dude you bot a used motor out of a junk car, how good do you think its gonna be. As for Matt, I have driven 5-6 hour round trips in traffic both ways just to buy parts from $15 up a few hundred, all because he is one of the FEW stand up guys on here and wouldn't doubt his judgement or word, he isn't some guy in his backyard or garage trying to scam for every last dime he can, parting cars and selling parts as well as other things are old news to this guy. Matt keep up the good work man, your reputation is not tarnished with me bud

damn this cat hit it right on the nail
big ups

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
+1 Matts a stand up guy, never had a problem.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

91MSDFox
¯
Member # 8749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91MSDFox  Ford pictures for 91MSDFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Take sides with haulin ass.... BH only has 26 posts.... [Razz]

--------------------
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
jae jae has one but it's usually doing donuts in his car while he's video taping....

rustang
¯
Member # 7935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rustang  Ford pictures for rustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
+1 on buyer beware from matt.

last year i bought some stuff form him, and he only shipped half of it, then proclaimed that i ripped him off etc.

after a 4 month dispute between paypal and my credit card company against matt, i finally got my cash back.

during the whole ordeal, i had offered off the bat to mail the parts that i did get for a full refund. he refused to do so, proceeded to call me a liar and that i was ripping him off, and then began to make physical threats against me.

i chose not to pursue any legal action since i got my money back, but i definitely would forewarn anyone that buys anything from him.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by rustang:

last year i bought some stuff form him, and he only shipped half of it, then proclaimed that i ripped him off etc.

after a 4 month dispute between paypal and my credit card company against matt, i finally got my cash back.

during the whole ordeal, i had offered off the bat to mail the parts that i did get for a full refund. he refused to do so, proceeded to call me a liar and that i was ripping him off, and then began to make physical threats against me.

i chose not to pursue any legal action since i got my money back, but i definitely would forewarn anyone that buys anything from him.

You bought some parts I sent everything to you, I still have YOUR pics that you sent me with EVERYTHING there. You said you scrapped the project and wanted to return the parts.Being I have a business account I do offer returns but on new parts only. You claimed a charge back on your card, I got my parts back (4 months later) end of story.

[ August 06, 2012, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:

Personally, I think we should call this thread seller beware on "Bh Super Low" and "Drift-GT". The two of them are working on this project together and "Drift-GT" has been pm'ing back and forth with me since New Years on a motor that I am selling. It is to replace the motor that Matt sold Bh, and yes I heard the whole story about how they got ripped off, blah blah, yadda yadda.

Anyway, my motor is still in the car, because I figured that if somebody could come over here and fire the thing up and drive it, then I could get more money for it that way, because they would know that it was good. So "Drift-GT and I agree upon a price and they tell me that they're gonna mail a deposit, so I start pulling the motor out of my car, and the next day they pm me saying that somebody on the board is selling another 5.0 motor cheaper and they don't want to pay the price that we agreed upon anymore. I guess that they thought that if I started to pull the motor they would have some leverage on me, but either way it's shady as hell to make a deal and then back out, especially when it involves the seller having to do work. But what's two hours neatly unhooking wiring and draining fluids, only to have to spend another two hours hooking things back up and filling the fluids again? I guess I needed an oil and coolant change anyway. [Roll Eyes]

And just so they don't come on here saying that we never had a deal:

-

[ January 06, 2009, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
rustang
¯
Member # 7935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rustang  Ford pictures for rustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
quote:
Originally posted by rustang:

You bought some parts I sent everything to you, I still have YOUR pics that you sent me with EVERYTHING there. You said you scrapped the project and wanted to return the parts.Being I have a business account I do offer returns but on new parts only. You claimed a charge back on your card, I got my parts back (4 months later) end of story.
i have all of the emails that say otherwise should anyone be interested.
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plus One for Matt's integrity. I have personally had great buying and selling experiences with him.

I request that cafords adopt my policy on used parts/cars/wives/girlfriends/power tools/etc:

A standard 40/40 warranty: Forty seconds or forty feet from the point of sale, which ever comes first.

Buyer Beware, regardless of who is selling the parts.

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Standup kat +1 [patriot]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com