Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » sct tuner question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sct tuner question
89_Faleen
¯
Member # 10728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Faleen  Ford pictures for 89_Faleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im looking for a handheld tuner for my car looking to get it tuned in a couple months. My question is whats the difference between the sct x3 and sct sf3(bama tuner)?

--------------------
1990 GT (SOLD)
1990 LX (SOLD)
1995 GT (SOLD)
1989 LX (SOLD)
1997 COBRA (RIP)
1989 FALEEN (CURRENT)

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get an X4.
89_Faleen
¯
Member # 10728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Faleen  Ford pictures for 89_Faleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
Get an X4.

Dont really wanna spend 300+, looking for something used in the 200 range....
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
x3 has no built in 'canned' tunes from sct. This is intended for you to do nothing with until you take it to your tuner and they would make and download a tune onto it then use it to load tune into your car.

sf line has built in 'canned' tunes for most fords included with the tuner. You can change things like gear ratio to correct speedo on 99+ cars, change idle rpm, shift points and shift pressure on auto's, redline rpm, remove top speed limiter, etc all by yourself.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Boosted_Drop:
Im looking for a handheld tuner for my car looking to get it tuned in a couple months. My question is whats the difference between the sct x3 and sct sf3(bama tuner)?

Hey Boosted_Drop,

The SCT X3 ( Part# 3000 ) has no canned tunes. It can still have tunes uploaded to it( 10 unlocks ), and has the same functions as the SF3. An X3 can be sent to SCT and upgraded to an SF3 for reasonably cheap. The X3 is obsolete and can no longer be purchased "new".

The SCT SF3 ( Part# 3015 ) has canned tunes ( 10 unlocks ), and is basically an updated version of the X3. The SF3 is obsolete and can no longer be purchased "new".

The SCT X4 ( Part# 7015 ) has canned tunes and is the newest tuner from SCT. Has the same features as the previous models, but a few more perks ( back lit screen, wifi usable, etc etc )

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks,

- Sinister Mustang

--------------------
Message me for 1979-2015 Mustang Parts!

www.SinisterMustang.com

Posts: 255 | From: Roseville,CA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com