Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Drifting suspension questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Drifting suspension questions
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking into front and rear coil overs for drifting. any combo recommend or pieced together combo. looking at what spring rates are good, which shocks and struts to go with also. open to all suggestions, experaince, and input. thanks

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jon Duncan is probably the only person on here worth talking to

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
9stangvert3
¯
Member # 12934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9stangvert3  Ford pictures for 9stangvert3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Duncan ftw [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
Built ford tough

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Smh lol
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe if he asks very nicely?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he will do anything but ask me directly, lol. issues.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe he doesn't like you.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

I like you,,, lol
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
he will do anything but ask me directly, lol. issues.

Has nothing to do with liking you, didnt know you were the only person who actively drifts on here. Was looking to get multiple people to chime in, didnt happen. Been doing research online which theres not much out there for foxs.but from here on i pledge to ask you first

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

Brock_Samson
¯
Member # 12359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock_Samson  Ford pictures for Brock_Samson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drifted for 10 years...

then dropped it when i came back to the states, to much of a money pit.

anyways, i say if you dont know compare your corner weights to that of a Nissan or something then check rates, i know on my skyline (4door gts-t type M) i ran 12k front and 9k back, and a massive sway bar up front, this was experimental but worked well...

keep the car flat, reduce the roll (mainly for transitions) and remember "the key to drifting is grip" no joke having grip when you need it will take the guess work out of nailing you apex's.

wait are you asking as a beginner or just strictly for parts that work on your vehicle?

--------------------
I Powder coat shyt..
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=057635

Posts: 138 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

quote:
Originally posted by Brock_Samson:
drifted for 10 years...

then dropped it when i came back to the states, to much of a money pit.

anyways, i say if you dont know compare your corner weights to that of a Nissan or something then check rates, i know on my skyline (4door gts-t type M) i ran 12k front and 9k back, and a massive sway bar up front, this was experimental but worked well...

keep the car flat, reduce the roll (mainly for transitions) and remember "the key to drifting is grip" no joke having grip when you need it will take the guess work out of nailing you apex's.

wait are you asking as a beginner or just strictly for parts that work on your vehicle?

Im lost, your all over the place. planning on drifting my fox and was seeking info on good suspension set ups

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

he is using the metric japenese terms of spring rates, for a different car, which would be totally different. power, sway bar , no sway bar, whos angle kit, all determine what stuff you need. length of arms changes spring rates as well, you have to basically list your stuff an then the right set up can be given.
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
he is using the metric japenese terms of spring rates, for a different car, which would be totally different. power, sway bar , no sway bar, whos angle kit, all determine what stuff you need. length of arms changes spring rates as well, you have to basically list your stuff an then the right set up can be given.

This is the k member kit im looking at rite now. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/K-Member-Package-1979-89-Mustang-Forward-Offset-Arms-P358.aspx im not sure of spring rate or which struts. not looking to do a track only car but want it competitive when on the track. not going head over hill into it (yet) but want a good foundation

what i currently have on the front of the car is: all sn95 front end, spindles, lower control arms. factory quick ratio 20:1 rack from svo.

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com