Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » engine oil..what works for you?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: engine oil..what works for you?
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
took my s2000 this past weekend to laguna seca.. in the past I have used mobile one and with regular driving the car would just drink that stuff... I switched to penzoil platinum and with regular driving wouldn't eat at all... this past weekend with one event the car lost lil over half quart.. not bad.. but I was wondering would a group 5 oil fair better? whats worked for you guys?
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first and foremost what oil viscosity were you using for the mobil one and pennzoil. Then your specualation can begin. Ive ran mobil one for years and its served me great. A little history of the car would help to. Miles, driven hard, raced etc. Stock modified?

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i always ran the oem 10w30.. the car has 100k miles, bone stock. bought the car from the original owner who was a older man.. when the car was drinking the mobil 1 it was when i was daily driving the car to work..no beating on.. the pennz oil totally fixed that with same 10w30 weight oil.

[ 2013-12-26, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Mach916 ]

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been told by a couple of my buddies who race their S2000's that for some reason Mobil One gets burned by you guys' motors very quickly. They use penzoil Platinum.

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Originally posted by FRC_Kid:
I've been told by a couple of my buddies who race their S2000's that for some reason Mobil One gets burned by you guys' motors very quickly. They use penzoil Platinum.

yeah it does.. mobil is not a true synthetic these days and penzz platinum is like german castrol... real synthetic.. can you ask your friends what weight they run?
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i honestly do not know why its gets burned by a s2000 but yet all the mustangs ive been around including mine run awesome on mobile 1. Im willing to bet clearances etc are a playing role in this.

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.10psi:
i honestly do not know why its gets burned by a s2000 but yet all the mustangs ive been around including mine run awesome on mobile 1. Im willing to bet clearances etc are a playing role in this.

yes you are right..i guess the 2.0 s2000s have a bore issue..plus vtec and 9k rpms just makes it hard on oil.. my mach never ate any oil either...even after track events.
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

i have been doing some research on oils.. the pennz platnium isnt real synthetic like i first thought (group 4 or group 5).. it is a group 3 like most all 100 percent synthetic labled oils.. but it does get great reviews... on the other hand mobil doesnt.. alot of different forums dont care much for it.. new oil i will try out next time i change the oil is rotella t6.. alot of forums from chevy to gtrs give the oil great reviews..
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shell t6 is some expensive stuff. Pennzoil has there ultra that should be the highest rating syn oil. As far as Mobil with my honda it burns as well but pennzoil does not burn like mobile. 230000 miles and non vtec..

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been using mobil 1 in my mustang and changing every 5-7.5k miles. It never burns, and its always super clean even when its time for a change.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Originally posted by VENOMUS PONY 5.0:
Shell t6 is some expensive stuff. Pennzoil has there ultra that should be the highest rating syn oil. As far as Mobil with my honda it burns as well but pennzoil does not burn like mobile. 230000 miles and non vtec..

t6 is actually priced very well.. walmart
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Amsoil period! Look it up, do some research, it's the best 100% synthetic oil!
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pennzoil is going to shut shit down this year be ready people they are taking the number one spot. There base stock is coming from natural gas they are the only one patented and licensed to do so. Do some research on this natural gas base stock.

--------------------

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Pennzoil is going to shut shit down this year be ready people they are taking the number one spot. There base stock is coming from natural gas they are the only one patented and licensed to do so. Do some research on this natural gas base stock.

interesting! something to watch for
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definitely curious of this Pennzoil stuff, I'll be watching to see how it stacks up to the best when test results come out. Thanks for the heads up.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:

can you post a link?i cant seem to find anything
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:

amsoil does get great reviews.. prices dont seem to bad either.. i think i might pull the triger on thier 10-30 diesel spec oil..but they are a group 4 oil.. redline is a group 5.. but very expensive..

[ 2014-01-10, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Mach916 ]

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:

amsoil does get great reviews.. prices dont seem to bad either.. i think i might pull the triger on thier 10-30 diesel spec oil..but they are a group 4 oil.. redline is a group 5.. but very expensive..
I put Amsoil in everything I own including cars I don't own .

call Teegarden motorsports they have all you need in stock in rancho cordova

[ 2014-01-15, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Vndcatr ]

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

t6 is actually priced very well.. walmart
This. T6 is the best bang for the buck out there, you can easily find it for $22 per gallon and it's just as good as all those fancy "race" motor oils. Kragen, or whatever they call themselves now, has it on sale for under $20 every once in a while.
Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

quote:
quote:

can you post a link?i cant seem to find anything
It's some inside intel stay tuned..

Quick search for you http://www.cnbc.com/id/49841864

[ 2014-01-30, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: VENOMUS PONY 5.0 ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com