Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » new HPDE rules for NASA

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: new HPDE rules for NASA
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HPDE / TT

1. Any pass made under a single standing or waving yellow will result immediate termination of activity for the remainder of the day. A second offense will result in a one year suspension.

it will be enforced so watch for those yellows.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got that email today too.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OUCH!

They must be having some serious issues with people ignoring flags?

Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAYUM! HPDEers going by race rules now. Jerry must really want to keep the track open when the safety crew is out. That's largely where this all comes from. Most other regions end the session once the safety crew comes out.
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sf coupe passing under a yellow has always been a no no but it was getting out of control last year. the safety crew went to a group 4 download last year at TH because it was so bad. and a driver told them that he passed with caution on the yellow. there will be zero tollerance this year.

if you want to see what the safety crew does ask for a ride along in the truck. remember they are all volunteers. they even pay for there own hotel rooms. jerry does buy lunch

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's good. I can remember many times while out in Group 4, getting passed under yellow. First few times, getting a bit caught off guard. A few years back at Sears Pt., my dad was on the Outside line going into turn 7, when a waving yellow was out, a guy forced a pass on the inside, hitting my dad's right fender. Then tried to blame my dad for it, saying he was supposed to surrender the line, but technically he was supposed to follow the flagger and back off. Luckly the in car camera we had caught the whole thing.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by acmikee:
sf coupe passing under a yellow has always been a no no but it was getting out of control last year. the safety crew went to a group 4 download last year at TH because it was so bad. and a driver told them that he passed with caution on the yellow. there will be zero tollerance this year.

if you want to see what the safety crew does ask for a ride along in the truck. remember they are all volunteers. they even pay for there own hotel rooms. jerry does buy lunch

There are definitely some jack asses out there that ruin it for everybody. I always give the safety crew a lot of room and go by slowly. I look at it this way, it's safer for them and it lets my tires cool down a little.
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

i guess they got 2 TT cars on sat. 1 maybe a silver/gray mustang. and got 1 who blew a double yellow twice on sun i think it was a lotus.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They almost got me for blowing a waving yellow going from T6-T7. I was coming out of T6 at full throttle attempting to pass a slow pack and halfway down the straight the yellow flag came out. I was like "oh shit!" I was basically blocked in and forced to make the pass in the turn of T7...luckily at the download meeting our instructor knew exactly what happened and had my back against the other driver who "reported" me [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com