Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NASA Season begins!!! Infineon on Feb 11/12!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NASA Season begins!!! Infineon on Feb 11/12!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NASA's trackday schedule for 2012 has finally been released and the first trackday is at Infineon on Feb. 11/12. Does anyone plan to come out?!?!

I plan to run HPDE3 on Sturday...but right now registration shows that I need to buy a ticket for saturday and sunday [Confused] Hopefully I can get this cleared up and get registered for Saturday.

See you guys there [dance]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, looks like I wont know if I'll be able to sign up for just saturday or just sunday until a week before the event. I emailed Jerry Kunzman and he said HPDE 3 is only being offered if you buy both days...sucks because I sure am not going to pay for two days if I can only go one [Embarrassed]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think we are going to stay away from the early events, you know it will rain on that day only.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
I think we are going to stay away from the early events, you know it will rain on that day only.

Weather has been good this winter thus far...just do it!

--------------------

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
driving in the rain improves your driving skills plus it will give me something to do if you do f### up.
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by acmikee:
driving in the rain improves your driving skills plus it will give me something to do if you do f### up.

Yeah it make me a real good driver not being able to see out my window with no defroster too. LOL

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I signed up for Sunday I hope it doesn't rain as well... Good thing I got my R888. Ill be in a silver 04cobra with chrome stockers see you guys out there
Posts: 226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Anyone else signed up yet?? they FINALLY opened up registration for HPDE3 for saturday-only so I'm most likely going to register tonight. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ok, Im officially registered for Saturday. Anyone else going o be there? C'mon guys, let's start this season right [burnout]

--------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm starting to get interested in this stuff..where do I start?

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Jaejae5.0:

There's a bunch of different organizations who you can run with, but NASA is the most popular in my opinion. If I were you, check out <a href="http://www.nasaproracing.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.nasaproracing.com</a>

Sign up for an event (you'll probably be in HPDE1) and go to town! You'll need a helmet and your car needs to pass a tech inspection. Other than that there's nothing to it!

You could also sign up for cheaper trackdays with NCRC (www.ncracing.org) but their trackdays are usually further away, ie:Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, etc.

If you're seriously considering it, yuo should come out to a trackday and see how it all works.

[ February 01, 2012, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Don't do it, you'll be hooked. After you try this you won't phuk around in the street because it's not fun anymore.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

Don't do it, you'll be hooked. After you try this you won't phuk around in the street because it's not fun anymore.
Are you sure about that Greg?? I have you on VIDEO in your "street car" phucking around with that poor old 350Z [Razz]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will have to run with NASA because I really want to run at Infineon again. However, NCRC sure is cheaper, you get more track time, and you can do your own tech inspection. I don't even think you have to get a membership. I think I'll go to Thunderhill with NCRC after passing HPDE1 with NASA at Infineon. I think the car is still 2 months away from being ready.

Where do you get your tech inspection done? How much does it cost? I am in Santa Rosa.

Thanks,
Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
I will have to run with NASA because I really want to run at Infineon again. However, NCRC sure is cheaper, you get more track time, and you can do your own tech inspection. I don't even think you have to get a membership. I think I'll go to Thunderhill with NCRC after passing HPDE1 with NASA at Infineon. I think the car is still 2 months away from being ready.

Where do you get your tech inspection done? How much does it cost? I am in Santa Rosa.

Thanks,
Craig

Hey Craig,

NASA definitely offers a great schedule (all weekends) and are the cheapest I've seen when it comes to trackdays at Infineon. It's the closest track for me too so I pay the price to play there:o . NASA also offers really good instructor program. FOR FREE! All HPDE1 drivers get a free all-day instructor, so you definitely learn a lot from them. I know I did! I think NCRC and Trackmasters offer instructors as well, but i dont think they're as readily available as NASA's instructors.

I've never ran with NCRC either but I hear great things about them! I'm hoping to run with them more often this season (I'll be at T-hill with NCRC on March 3).

As far as inspections go, there's a list of shops on the NASA website. There are a couple shops local in my area (Hayward) that do it and it's free.

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. Yes, I think that I want to go through HPDE1 with a NASA instructor before I start hitting up the other clubs events. I definitely want to check out Thunderhill some time. It is about a 2hr drive for me but half of it is a pretty fun drive, at least is was in my wife's Explorer when we were on the way up to Lake Shasta. I am sure it would be more fun in the Mustang if I didn't get arrested!

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

Are you sure about that Greg?? I have you on VIDEO in your "street car" phucking around with that poor old 350Z [Razz]
Hey, seems I got a little encouragement from somebody [Wink] to pass em' up quicker than usual [Big Grin]
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much is it to run your car cause I heard it was like 400-500 for one day?

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
How much is it to run your car cause I heard it was like 400-500 for one day?

At this event its $179 for the day.

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well it's a little bit more than that. It's $179 but NASA requires a year membership fee of about $40 plus they charge $10 per event for paddock parking.
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
quote:
Well it's a little bit more than that. It's $179 but NASA requires a year membership fee of about $40 plus they charge $10 per event for paddock parking.
and bet on a tank of gas or 2

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com