Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NASA @ Infineon 11/12 - 11/13

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NASA @ Infineon 11/12 - 11/13
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is anybody headed out to this one? I'll be there on Sunday.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
Is anybody headed out to this one? I'll be there on Sunday.

i think Sunday is the only HPDE day, isn't it? Are you driving that day or is pops? Hopefully you get to Jay...Infineon is SICK [worship]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unfortnatley this round is for my dad. I'll prob jump in and ride shotgun for a couple of laps. I just got the alignment dialed in at Roger Krause, its night and day from before. Hey do you happen to have a shift ball I can borrow. I have a Roush handle coming in today but I need a ball to go with it.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going Saturday in 4

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
I'm going Saturday in 4

If I didn't have some last minute wrenching to do I would get out there and spectate. Have fun out there bro.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Unfortnatley this round is for my dad. I'll prob jump in and ride shotgun for a couple of laps. I just got the alignment dialed in at Roger Krause, its night and day from before. Hey do you happen to have a shift ball I can borrow. I have a Roush handle coming in today but I need a ball to go with it.

Your lucky your close to Roger Krause they' re really into racing, that alignment is going to make a big difference on turn in and braking. Wish they were a little closer to me

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

jay...hit me up. You can borromw my shift ball but I'll need it back since I dont have anything to replace it with. Just curious, but why does it need a "ball" to work [Confused]

Also, what kind of alignment did you get? Track alignment? Do you know yor numbers? I'm trying to decide if I want to go to Roger Kraus or to Custom Alignment.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

jay...hit me up. You can borromw my shift ball but I'll need it back since I dont have anything to replace it with. Just curious, but why does it need a "ball" to work [Confused]

Also, what kind of alignment did you get? Track alignment? Do you know yor numbers? I'm trying to decide if I want to go to Roger Kraus or to Custom Alignment.

Ineed a ball for the Roush shifter beacause a regular knob wont work or feel right.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-shifter-handle-kit.html
 -

I went with -2.5 camber. They also adjusted the panhard bar to get it dead center, within 1/16". It was $150 but it was worth it. Now that I got the alingment dialed in, I'm going to buy a camber gauge so I can adjust it myself.

-

[ November 10, 2011, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i will be there sat and sun......
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

I missed the drifting event but smelled all the burning tires. I got stuck at the end of the track by the car show it was very crowded since it was the last event of the year.
Filmed 2 sessions and my best time I got Saturday was a 1:53.3 .

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
I missed the drifting event but smelled all the burning tires. I got stuck at the end of the track by the car show it was very crowded since it was the last event of the year.
Filmed 2 sessions and my best time I got Saturday was a 1:53.3 .

Damn bro that's moving. I was taking lap times of the guys competing, you are right there with them and faster than some.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com