Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NCRC @ Thunderhill - Sept. 23rd

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NCRC @ Thunderhill - Sept. 23rd
straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sydewaysix will love this [Smile]

NCRC @ Thunderhill - who's in?

[ September 10, 2011, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: straightliner1 ]

Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you going??? I'll be at Infineon the day after (24th) so I cant make it to T-hill [Frown]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, I'm registering today for T-Hill. Going to do the school. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something? [Smile]
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by straightliner1:
Yes, I'm registering today for T-Hill. Going to do the school. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something? [Smile]

No doubt you'll learn many things

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by straightliner1:

T-hill was my first track that I went to and I learned a ton just in that one day. Is this going to be your first time out??

Post a pic of your track beast! I've seen so many of your posts on corral but never saw an actual pic of it. From the sound of it, it must be pretty hooked up [patriot]

[ September 09, 2011, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Yeah, first track outing where I'll be driving. I've riden shotgun too many times to count, and I've been itching to do this for over a year but something ALWAYS got in the way. Weather, finances, lady drama, etc; but I'm eating ramen for 2 weeks so there will be no legitimate reason to bail this time around.

*NCRC Registration is paid
*Trailer's reserved (I wish I never sold my 24' enclosed) [Frown]
*Car's mostly ready - just a few odds and ends to button up - then I'll go through the tech checklist

My next payday falls on the day of the event, so I'll pay for diesel and unleaded the day of the event. Am I missing anything? W00t, I'm stoked!

I'll see about pics later. [Smile]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Sounds like you're ready to me! One thing you are forgetting though...GoPro! Get one and record the madness! I always enjoy watching how bad my driving is after each event so I can have something to work on at my next outing.

Does NCRC provide ride-along instructors for beginners? That'd definitely help so you can learn the line and they can point out what you're doing good/bad.

One last thing...post those pics!! [Big Grin] Are you running MM parts or Griggs?

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Borrowing a buddy's Go-Pro (money's tight right now), so I'll definitely be able to point and laugh...

They have one instructor per every 5~ students. I think we'll have 3 runs before lunch, so maybe the worst of the bunch get "personal attention" [Wink]

Maximum - Coilovers, control arms front and rear, PHB, subframes - blah blah...

-

-

-

[ September 12, 2011, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: straightliner1 ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

SWEET! What size wheels are you running? Are those the Maier falres? brembos too?!?! Damn, nice ride man [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd be out with you guys but my passenger rear shock started to develop a leak and die and I'm awaiting a replacement.... [Frown]

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Yep, Maier 1.5" flares, and a 99+ stick axle to fill the void, (3" wider than Fox). Car should haul ass, even though I'm pushing a stock 160K mile 302. It stops better than it goes thanks to those Brembos and Hawk Blues. Car stops AMAZING!

Don't be a woman BizKit, order the shock and come play! Don't let something like that stop you. [Smile]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

You should come out to NASA at infineon the day after NCRC! I'll be there along with a couple other Cafords guys! I'd love to get on track with you and see how I can hold up against your beast!

Is your interior caged and fully gutted? I'd love to own a notchback track toy one day!

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Gutted yes, caged no. Just a harness bar for now. I would love to get a cage installed, and I've been in talks with a great builder in the area and it's going to cost about $4k for an AI-legal cage.

I purchased this car out of Oakland about 3 years ago and it's been a work in progress ever since. I've driven it a lot on the street, but now it's time to see what it'll do. [Smile]

There's no way I can do 2 track days back-to-back. I definitely want to hit up Infineon and Buttonwillow and T-Hill at least once each before year end.

We'll eventually run into eachother. [Smile]

[ September 13, 2011, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: straightliner1 ]

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Car looks great, I can't wait to get my car in "tech passable" condition to come run and hang out with you guys.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your car should pass tech unless something has changed.
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
Your car should pass tech unless something has changed.

The car has developed a very noticeable lean like a 600lb fat man is in the passenger seat so either a shock is blown or something's broken. Plus I'm having starting issues which was finally tracked down to the battery after looking like an issue with the MSD box. Work begins this weekend on diagnosing the "lean" I'm guessing I broke something on the last outing with the car.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
SWEET! What size wheels are you running? [Whoo Whooooo!]

Didn't notice your wheel question until just now - 17X9 FRPP Cobra R's w/ 275/40 Hoosier R6s

[ September 15, 2011, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: straightliner1 ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com