Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Anyone see the recent issue of MM&FF???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone see the recent issue of MM&FF???
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like road racing is the thing to do ;)There's a great article in there about open track racing with Track Guys at a Florida event. All the editors who wrote about the event were praising how fun it was and how much better is was than gay ass drag racing [Razz] If you have the issue, read it! [patriot]

[Whoo Whooooo!] for all my road racing compadres [dance]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a worth while read. I'll never forget my first time on track 10+ years ago it was an instant love affair that maintains to this day with just as much passion. I live my life 25 minutes at a time [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish I made the money to do open track [Frown]

I've always been a drag racing person, but open track does seem like a blast. Hopefully I can get out there one of these days and check it out!

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:

I've always been a drag racing person, but open track does seem like a blast. Hopefully I can get out there one of these days and check it out!

It really doesn't cost as much as you think to get started. Come and check it out and get some laps with people riding shot gun and see if you like it first. Most likely you will then see what you can afford to do with your car. We've all started out the same way, low budget and do what your money will allow. Watch out for the addiction bug to bite you really hard though!

[ August 25, 2011, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: 9cobra7 ]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

It really doesn't cost as much as you think to get started. Come and check it out and get some laps with people riding shot gun and see if you like it first. Most likely you will then see what you can afford to do with your car. We've all started out the same way, low budget and do what your money will allow. Watch out for the addiction bug to bite you really hard though!
I think I will come out sometime. I know a couple guys that goes to the NASA events like Jason (snakebit) and I've met Ian (sidewaysix) a couple times. Hopefully someone will allow me to ride shotgun to get a feel for it and to see how it all goes. I will try to get ahold of jason sometime to see when some events will be going on.. maybe this will open my eyes and get a different perspective on this different style of racing..

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's up bro (sorry I completely forgot your name)...we'll be out at infineon on 9/24 if you want to come check it out. I'll be there with jay (Snakebit) and I think Greg (9cobra7). It's the last NASA event of the year so if you want to check it out now's your chance!

I have no problem with you taking a ride along with me! If you do come bring a helmet. I also suggest you ask greg for ride along as he's been doing this for a much much longer time and he's FAST!

[ August 26, 2011, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I definetely have always loved drag racing, but doing this type of road racing looks like a blast and is deff a whole different type of fight...i gotta get out there and see what this is all about, maybe I can ride with someone to check it out and see if I like it. Then I just might turn my 01gt into a track whore haha... [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
What's up bro (sorry I completely forgot your name)...we'll be out at infineon on 9/24 if you want to come check it out. I'll be there with jay (Snakebit) and I think Greg (9cobra7). It's the last NASA event of the year so if you want to check it out now's your chance!

I have no problem with you taking a ride along with me! If you do come bring a helmet. I also suggest you ask greg for ride along as he's been doing this for a much much longer time and he's FAST!

Its all good bro I forget many peoples names as well. 'Y names Nick. And I will definitely try to come out. Seems like a blast! If I could get a ride with Greg, who you say is fast, I would greatly appreciate it since I do love speed lol. What time do you guys usually head on out there?

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Its all good bro I forget many peoples names as well. 'Y names Nick. And I will definitely try to come out. Seems like a blast! If I could get a ride with Greg, who you say is fast, I would greatly appreciate it since I do love speed lol. What time do you guys usually head on out there?
Nick, that's right lol! My bad bro [Big Grin] Let me know if you decide to come out. I usually leave home around 530-6am so I can get there by 7. There's always a drivers meeting at 730 so I try to get there early enough to unpack all my gear and setup the canopy, chairs, etc. If you end up hooking up over there you have all day to try and catch a ride.

--------------------

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
quote:
quote:

Nick, that's right lol! My bad bro [Big Grin] Let me know if you decide to come out. I usually leave home around 530-6am so I can get there by 7. There's always a drivers meeting at 730 so I try to get there early enough to unpack all my gear and setup the canopy, chairs, etc. If you end up hooking up over there you have all day to try and catch a ride.
For sure.. I'm down to go out there early. I can bring some chairs, snacks, sodas, etc. Ill also probably text you prior to the track day to get more info or whatnot. You still have the "773-xxxx" number right?

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

For sure.. I'm down to go out there early. I can bring some chairs, snacks, sodas, etc. Ill also probably text you prior to the track day to get more info or whatnot. You still have the "773-xxxx" number right?
Yup, same number. Hit me up [patriot]

--------------------

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yup, same number. Hit me up [patriot]
For sure bro! Will do [patriot]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am a drag racer but I took the car around Infineon's road course in Nasa's Hyperdrive and it was a blast. I signed up for the Hyperdrive again because it is a super cheap way to go around the track. It is only $39 for Sunday 9/26, but unfortunately I have to cancel. I plan to sign up for a HPDE-1 session next season. The car needs shocks and new front swaybar bushings, so while I am at it I am going to put some coil overs on it. I will be doing quite a bit to it in the off season. I want to get my TKO in it,do something with the clutch, and get my offroad pipe on it. I did just get some street tires so at least I won't be on my drag radials next time I go around the road course! I got a GoPro too!!

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com