Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » You might know this guy?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: You might know this guy?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got this from another forum...I can honestly say I "WAS" this guy until earlier this year when I said screw it with the modding and finally hit the track! Now I'm an addict and am no longer "THIS GUY" [Big Grin]

Do you know this guy? Is this you??? [Razz]

Mostly true story, not intended to be anything other than maybe a little humorous, you may know this guy however that I will call Sigmund

Story starts sometime around July 2002.

Sigmund: “Man we got the new Cobras can’t wait to get it on the track”
Ed: “There’s an event in September”.
Sigmund: “Can’t make that one, I want the new Steeda G++ Track suspension before I take it out.”

Six months later.
Ed: “Got a track event next month you gonna come”
Sigmund: “Naw can’t make it, I want the new Godzilla vs. King Kong Supersupercharger, I will need that extra HP on the track.”

Six months later
Sigmund: “Naw, can’t make it , I am gonna send the car to Kangaroo Racing down in Australia to see if they can fix the tune after I installed the GKK Supersupercharger.”

Six months later
Sigmund: “Man I would love to but with 650 HP I want to get the new Stoptech Larger than Big, Kryptonite 12 piston brakes, with the diamond encrusted pads, the spent uranium rotors with the Freon direct assisted cooling kit. Before I hit the track”

Six months later
Sigmund: “I am having some problems with the stock motor, probably need a rebuild after running 25lbs of boost for too long. Gonna probably send it to Fruits and Nuts Racing out in California for their super 900 HP build and Kangaroo Racings new tune with the GKK Supersupercharger.”

Six months later
Sigmund: “Man I would love to , but I need some new rubber, but am going to wait until Ford Racing starts supplying the new 18’ Bling Blings, and UPR is going to install the full Billet Shiny Kit.”

Six months later
Sigmund: “I think that I am ready, I am wondering what class I should register for? You know I got the Steeda G+++, the GKK Supersupercharger, the Stoptech Larger than Big Kit, the Kangaroo Racing tune, with the Fruits and Nuts 900 HP rebuild, not to mention the 18 Bling Blings and the new Nitto IIR’s…”
Ed: “Don’t forget the UPR Billet Shiny Kit.”
Sigmund: “yea that too, so what do you think?”
Ed: “Novice??”

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know many of those people, no matter how many times I offer up a track day...there's always some mod or problem they have to fix before they can get out, but they drive the car to work every day just fine...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Blk93Pony
¯
Member # 10798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93Pony  Ford pictures for Blk93Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lmao

--------------------
Black 93 Mustang GT - currently down
Pearl Black 06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 - stock for now

SVT-DROP
CAFords OG
Member # 1736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT-DROP  Ford pictures for SVT-DROP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's funny. Lmao [Big Grin]
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is funny and I have a few people come up with the excuses [Wink] . However, I encourage people to get out there with a stock (or mostly stock) mustang just to see how bad the car really is from the factory. Then to see how each modification works on track and watch the progression of the driver and the car together.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought it was pretty funny too the first time I read it [Big Grin] I thought to myself,"Damn, is that how I used to sound?!?!" [Razz] But like 9cobra7 said, just get out there and try it out! Who cares what mods you have...without seat time you'll suck even if you're driving a car setup with every possible mod made for your car! [patriot]

[ July 28, 2011, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha that is funny. I have a friend that is EXACTLY like that. I am waiting and waiting for him
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats too funny, the guy I sold my last track car to, was similar. Bought the car, took it to one event and blew the motor. Purchased an big HP crate motor and dropped it in and the car's been collecting dust ever since. I even tried to buy it back from him. No dice.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Exactly see alot of suspension mods and no runs on the track. I want to set up a meet at Mather field to see how my coupe holds up through the cones and how bad my driving really is and see other caford members bring their cars and just have some fun with there cars can't wait probably be next month or the following month depending on the dates, so stay tuned [patriot]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmmm...I feel guilty. I better get my ass to Thunder Hill quick! I've only raced at a road course once (my last car back in 2003). I've had this car for 4 years and haven't raced it yet.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
3.6 pulley, 80# inj, GT500 fuel pump, Saleen Extreme CAI
Installs & tune by AED

93grbrGT
¯
Member # 6655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93grbrGT  Ford pictures for 93grbrGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ROFL [Razz]
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!]
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Besides what I may consider as my own personal race track.....

I did take the invite to goto Thunder Hill with a buddy of mine Saleen310. I brought my 93' LX hatchback. I actually cruised the Saleen and my buddy pushed mine thru the course. Just from that memory alone......i was " instantly HOOKED " !!!!!!!!! The most fun i have ever had!!! Ran navigator position with saleen310 and another SCCA driver with extensive suspension and chassis mods. What a difference in the experience. From the guy dreaming trackside to the guy driving on the track. Fk Nothing better to experience. Left the quarter mile straight line in the rear-view mirrors. .....I love open track SCCA!!!! NOTHING BETTER. Salute to all the guys that pound these courses and shred the tires. ....pushing the systems to there very limits; Awesome!!!!

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com