Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Shelby Club Mini-Nats August 6-7!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Shelby Club Mini-Nats August 6-7!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So, August is fast approaching, which means a new month...so that means another track day [Big Grin] (I'm trying to go at least once a month [dance] )

Anyone signing up for NorCal Shelby Club's Mini-Nationals on August 6-7 @ Infineon??? Its $290 for each day...kind of on the pricey side, I know [Frown] I've never ran with Shelby Club so I figure I'd try it out! Let me know if any of you guys will be there [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You topic stealer!

[Smile]

Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by straightliner1:
You topic stealer!

[Smile]

HAHA...I was going to do it anyway [Razz] (I usually do whenever I sign up for an event) [patriot]

--------------------

89Saleen310
¯
Member # 5397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Saleen310  Ford pictures for 89Saleen310  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If my saleen is done by then i will be running in green group. Its all up to the dollar bills haha.
Posts: 1128 | From: Oakland Hills (montclair) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 89Saleen310:
If my saleen is done by then i will be running in green group. Its all up to the dollar bills haha.

What are the colors of each group again? Also, if I run NASA HPDE 2 what group color do you think I should sign up for with Shelby Club?

Hope to see you out there [patriot]

--------------------

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

What are the colors of each group again? Also, if I run NASA HPDE 2 what group color do you think I should sign up for with Shelby Club?

Hope to see you out there [patriot]

They usually switch it up, I believe they are listed on the site but yellow is the slowest group "beginners"

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra_302_stang  Ford pictures for cobra_302_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah if your in HPDE 2 I would recommend you run with the yellow group but if you have had a couple track event under your belt the in HPDE 2 then maybe you'll be fine in the next group up which is the red group. I think you'll like the shelby club better, it cost more but usually there is less people in a group so that is why is cost more, unlike NASA where the groups are jam pack. Also if you plan on running with the shelby club they require you have a fire extinguisher in the car and that you have have SFI racing gloves. I'm in HPDE 4 with NASA and with Shelby I run in the green group. Let me know if you have any questions.

[ July 22, 2011, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: cobra_302_stang ]

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

Posts: 416 | From: Redwood city | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by cobra_302_stang:
Yeah if your in HPDE 2 I would recommend you run with the yellow group but if you have had a couple track event under your belt the in HPDE 2 then maybe you'll be fine in the next group up which is the red group. I think you'll like the shelby club better, it cost more but usually there is less people in a group so that is why is cost more, unlike NASA where the groups are jam pack. Also if you plan on running with the shelby club they require you have a fire extinguisher in the car and that you have have SFI racing gloves. I'm in HPDE 4 with NASA and with Shelby I run in the green group. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the info! I've ran NASA HPDE 2 once, but I'm pretty confident that I'm at least a little bit faster than HPDE 1. Do you think the pase of the track with Shelby is faster than that of NASA?

Thanks for the reminder on the fire extinguisher too...I remember reading that in the rules but completely forgot. I need to go get one ASAP. I have gloves already so that's no problem.

What car will you be running in? [patriot]

--------------------

cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra_302_stang  Ford pictures for cobra_302_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As you move up in a group is sometime can be overwhelming for some people because your reaction time get shorter and shorter. Guys are at the edge of traction in the corners and are more daring so they are not afraid of driving around someone in mid corner. HPDE 1 and shelby yellow group are equal HPDE 2 & 3 are like the red group. It depend how comfortable you are driving fast in traffic. I drive a 04 Mach 1.

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
As you move up in a group is sometime can be overwhelming for some people because your reaction time get shorter and shorter. Guys are at the edge of traction in the corners and are more daring so they are not afraid of driving around someone in mid corner. HPDE 1 and shelby yellow group are equal HPDE 2 & 3 are like the red group. It depend how comfortable you are driving fast in traffic. I drive a 04 Mach 1.

Are the passing zones in the red group simialr to those of NASA? I think I'd want to run in red if its equivalent to HPDE 2...I just really hate the traffic of HPDE 1 so I'd want to avoid that.

--------------------

cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

Yes they are the same

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Yes they are the same

Sounds good, thanks man!

-Ian

--------------------

89Saleen310
¯
Member # 5397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Saleen310  Ford pictures for 89Saleen310  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would start out in red to see if its fast enough for you. If not move up a color. There pretty relaxed about that kind of stuff. Or if you want to beat up the kindergarters race in yellow Haha

--------------------
89 Saleen #310
64 1/2 coupe
73 mach 1
73 vert
66 vert
65 vert
67 coupe
67 coupe
66 coupe

Posts: 1128 | From: Oakland Hills (montclair) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
I would start out in red to see if its fast enough for you. If not move up a color. There pretty relaxed about that kind of stuff. Or if you want to beat up the kindergarters race in yellow Haha

HAHAH, I dont want to be the bully, nor do I want to get bullied [Big Grin] hopefully the red group will suite me well [patriot] See you guys out there [burnout]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your getting passed and doing your fair share of passing, your probably in the right group. Id say your ready for red group because yellow would really be a parking lot for you Ian. Especially since you've come off driving Sears Point a couple times recently.
If I recall you progressed a bit your last time out there that I saw you so get in red before it fills up. If its full then I wouldn't waste my money in yellow, you'll be frustrated. I started in Shelby Club and it to can be an expensive parking lot.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
If your getting passed and doing your fair share of passing, your probably in the right group. Id say your ready for red group because yellow would really be a parking lot for you Ian. Especially since you've come off driving Sears Point a couple times recently.
If I recall you progressed a bit your last time out there that I saw you so get in red before it fills up. If its full then I wouldn't waste my money in yellow, you'll be frustrated. I started in Shelby Club and it to can be an expensive parking lot.

I was leaning towards signing up for the red group and since you (my mentor [Razz] ) feel it's the right move, then that confirms it [Big Grin] . I'm still on the fence though because NCRC has a trackday the following monday at Thill and since I'll be on vacation i was considering signing up for that instead. I'll figure it out by this week though. So many trackdays, so little money [Embarrassed]

--------------------

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to miss it damn it. We planned a vacation just to find out the next day that Mini Nats was that weekend. I learned to get the opentrack schedule before planning anything with my girlfriend.
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
So many trackdays, so little money [Embarrassed]

Ain't THAT the truth? Something always comes up for me... I dropped out yesterday (tranny fix was WAY over budget).
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
So many trackdays, so little money [Embarrassed]

Ain't THAT the truth? Something always comes up for me... I dropped out yesterday (tranny fix was WAY over budget).
Damn, really? I still plan to go but haven't bought a ticket yet. I was hoping to meet and check out your ride. Reading some of your posts on corral it seems you have quite the track car! Got pics?? [patriot]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

change of plans...probably not going to make it to this either [Frown]

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will probably check this out

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

quote:

Haha, I'm $700 deep into a tranny overhaul. What's your excuse? [Smile]
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:

Haha, I'm $700 deep into a tranny overhaul. What's your excuse? [Smile]
I'm in LA and won't be getting back until Friday afternoon. I don't have time to get a new rim installed (one of my current wheels is cracked) and I still haven't gotten my tech inspection... Sucks [Frown]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I was out there on Saturday just checking out the scene. A LOT of beautiful cars!! Probably the most fastback shelby's I've seen in one place! It was amazing to see how clean most of the cars were out there! I saw some sweet wide body 64-66 fastbacks and some straight up bad ass rides! I really wish I could've ran on track with these cars! Hopefully I can make it out to the October event at Thill [Whoo Whooooo!]

BizkitBrain...I saw your Wienerdog crew out there too. Their cars were looking sweet! I was talking to a freind of mine, Lupe (who runs the Meineke in Redwood City), and he said to look out for a copper notchback owned by the clubs ex-president. He said the owner would sell it for close to nothing and it's supposeldy hooked up; motor, suspension, street legal, etc! Any idea what car this is???

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com