Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Where can i........

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where can i........
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wanna try my car at a open track,or something similar. sorry to mention im a no good street racer, but lookn to bring it to the track. so if anybody can hook me up on some more info perferably closest to san jose. Thanks.

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One way to get seat time and learn driving dynamics is karting, Kart racing is usually used as a low-cost and relatively safe way to introduce drivers to motor racing as a drivers training tool. I would say before you goto any open track events hit up one of the local indoor karting places and get as much seat time as possible. This will help you learn racing lines, being smooth and will get you adjusted to passing. I goto Le Mans in Fremont weekly if you would like to go sometime. This would definatly prepare you for driving your car at speed on a road course.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know anything about going to a track but he mentioned go kart, closest go kart places i can think for you are burlingame gokart and i think there is one in fremont called lemans. if your willing to pay to ride on a track then gokart shouldnt be a problem.
Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSFGiant:
i dont know anything about going to a track but he mentioned go kart, closest go kart places i can think for you are burlingame gokart and i think there is one in fremont called lemans. if your willing to pay to ride on a track then gokart shouldnt be a problem.

and you don't have to worry about crashing your car while you learn.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

This is video from the last sprint race I did at Le Mans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-G6CEhcrU4

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want something close and want to try your skills out at a race track, infineon would be your beat bet. You can sign up for a NASA or Trackmasters event and register for the lowest level (HPDE 1). You'll get assigned an instructor for the day and they'll teach you how to drive the track.

If you want to try out one session, NASA has an event at infineon on July 2nd. There's a run group called HyperDrive where you'll get classroom instruction and one session on the track with an instructor. It's only $50 and you'll get to experience the thrill of open track racing. I think it's a good deal for anyone who wants to try it out and not spend too much. Check out www.nasaproracing.com for info [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Something to read that will also prep you for your First open track event http://norcal-saac.org/ot/primer.pdf

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com