Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » July 2: NASA @ Infineon...who's going?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: July 2: NASA @ Infineon...who's going?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering if anyone is signing up or has already signed up for the NASA event at Infineon on July 2nd. This is an HPDE weekend with no race groups so maybe they'll give more than 4 sessions [Confused] I'll be there with my dad who will be running my car in the HyperDrive session but I'm still debating on if I'm going to sign myself up. If there'll be other caford'ers that will be in HPDE 1/2 I may sign myself up so I can run with you [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd bet it's still 4 sessions. NASA sold the open slots to Trackmasters.

NASA's entry fee is generally low but so is the track time. If you look at how much track time you get for the entry fee, NASA ends up being one of the more expensive.

For about the same total cost, look at NCRC at Thunderhill. The entry fee is $135. Figure $60 for a hotel and maybe $25 in additional gas money to get up there and back. For that you get 105 minutes instead of 80 minutes.

If you're willing to spend around $75 more than that, try Thunderhill Lap Day . For $200 you get 2.5 hours of track time. Even better if your dad is an advanced level driver is both of you run the same car in both the novice and advanced groups. That's 5 hours of track time for $250.

I haven't yet but will probably sign up for the July 4 lapping day at Thunderhill.

[ June 19, 2011, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
I'd bet it's still 4 sessions. NASA sold the open slots to Trackmasters.

NASA's entry fee is generally low but so is the track time. If you look at how much track time you get for the entry fee, NASA ends up being one of the more expensive.

For about the same total cost, look at NCRC at Thunderhill. The entry fee is $135. Figure $60 for a hotel and maybe $25 in additional gas money to get up there and back. For that you get 105 minutes instead of 80 minutes.

If you're willing to spend around $75 more than that, try Thunderhill Lap Day . For $200 you get 2.5 hours of track time. Even better if your dad is an advanced level driver is both of you run the same car in both the novice and advanced groups. That's 5 hours of track time for $250.

I haven't yet but will probably sign up for the July 4 lapping day at Thunderhill.

How does TMR's lapping day work? If we're driving the same car and are in the same group level it'd be hard to keep taking turns each session. I didn't hear about this event. I'll have to check it out, thanks!

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most clubs/events charge per run group. So even with two drivers, one car, two different run groups, you'll pay twice the entry fee. The only way to pay one entry fee for two drivers is to spilt your assigned run sessions amongst yourselves.

The July 4th event is a little different. I think to attract cars they offer two runs groups for two drivers for $250 ($125 per driver). Usually that type of deal requires both drivers to run the same car.

If you're seriously interested in the July 4th at Thunderhill event, I'll email Eric, who is putting on the event, if I bring a second driver with a second car, can we get the $250 price? That event only has advance and novice car groups, no intermediate. The third group running that day is motorcycles. I run advance group.

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

I did contact Eric about the 4th of July and it's a deal. I'm hoping to find someone to take advantage of it.

If you bring a second driver, with or without a car, the entry fee for two is $250. That's (6) 25 minute sessions for $125. Even if you spend $60 on a hotel, it's still cheaper than NASA at Sears Point and you get twice as much track time.

If there's any novice level drivers that want to run Thunderhill on July 4th, please send me a PM. If you need instruction, let me know and I'll be your instructor for the morning sessions. I have a helmet-to-helmet intercom that makes instructing a lot more useful as well.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SteveL, that's a deal for sure! I won't be able to make it out that day and I don't think I'd be able to run with novice drivers so it wouldn't work out for me [Frown] Good luck finding someone to sign up with though! That's a deal at a great track [patriot]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Greg, I'll see you there man!

Anyone else going??

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I signed up for the Hyperdrive since I had a coupon code and it was only $49. Also, with the crappy stock brakes I don't think I could do 4 sessions! I figure that this would be a great way to get my feet wet and see how the whole thing works. I will also see how bad the car does before I can do some upgrades. I'll have to run it on the Nitto drag radials as well, so I will be sloooooooow. It should still be a blast though!

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
I signed up for the Hyperdrive since I had a coupon code and it was only $49. Also, with the crappy stock brakes I don't think I could do 4 sessions! I figure that this would be a great way to get my feet wet and see how the whole thing works. I will also see how bad the car does before I can do some upgrades. I'll have to run it on the Nitto drag radials as well, so I will be sloooooooow. It should still be a blast though!

Awesome bro! Like many said on corral.net, your brakes should be fine. I definitely think Hyperdrive is a great opportunity for people on the fence about whether they really want to open track or not. I, like most (if not all), was addicted from the start! I'm sure you will be too! Look for my white "Faleen" and come by to say what's up! My dad will be driving it in Hyperdrive so you'll see it out there [patriot]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to try and get this kit before I go out.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49_136_141&products_id=676

I have a Reef Blue 93LX on Pony's.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
I am going to try and get this kit before I go out.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49_136_141&products_id=676

I have a Reef Blue 93LX on Pony's.

sounds like a good start for your braking system. That paired up with some street tires should make for a good setup [patriot]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Yes, I want to get some street tires, replace my original shocks and struts with some adjustable Tokico's, and also get it aligned properly with some Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates before I go back out.

I hope to get the pads and shoes on, flush the brake system, and fill it with better fluid before going out on the 2nd. I just ordered the kit today so I hope it shows up soon. I also got new sway bar bushings and shorter end links for lowered cars. My bushings are shot. I took the bar off to see if it would launch harder on the drag strip and it did not feel near as tight when I put it back on. I checked out the bushings and they are torn.

Hopefully it will do okay. If the brakes hold up, I will do the shocks and tires and run it again to see the difference. The shocks I want are adjustable so I can firm them up for the road course, loosen way up for the drag strip, and put them somewhere in the middle for the street. It will be a while though because they are expensive. It will be almost $1000 for the shocks, struts, and caster/camber plates. I need the plates though. My car has become so low from adding weight that I have a lot of negative camber. It looks funny. It might work okay on the road course though.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These events look hella fun, im thinking about turning my 01gt into a track whore once i pay her off by the end of this year...i cant wait to attend one of these events and see what its all about.

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

There's only two things you need to buy. A helmet and the entry fee.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
These events look hella fun, im thinking about turning my 01gt into a track whore once i pay her off by the end of this year...i cant wait to attend one of these events and see what its all about.

I'd definitely try it out if I were you. Even if the car isnt paid off yet, just bring it out to a trackday and do it! If you decide yo ulike it, which I'm sure you will, then you can look deeper into setting your car up as a "track whore." My Faleen is a full street car, but I never drive it other then to and from the track...I consider it a "track whore" now and once I get more comfortable out there I'm sure I'll end up taking my car to the next level and get a cage, harness, more suspension parts, etc. Its an addiction that I just can't control anymore! [Big Grin]

On that note, I'm signed up and ready to roll! See you gusy out there [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ June 27, 2011, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
something came up last week and i had to cancel [Frown] have fun out there with the others, Ian [patriot]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:
something came up last week and i had to cancel [Frown] have fun out there with the others, Ian [patriot]

Damn forreal? That sucks bro! I was hoping to have some fun with you out there in HPDE 2 [Frown] Next time then [patriot]

--------------------

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:

I'd definitely try it out if I were you. Even if the car isnt paid off yet, just bring it out to a trackday and do it! If you decide yo ulike it, which I'm sure you will, then you can look deeper into setting your car up as a "track whore." My Faleen is a full street car, but I never drive it other then to and from the track...I consider it a "track whore" now and once I get more comfortable out there I'm sure I'll end up taking my car to the next level and get a cage, harness, more suspension parts, etc. Its an addiction that I just can't control anymore! [Big Grin]

On that note, I'm signed up and ready to roll! See you gusy out there [Whoo Whooooo!]

your rite its not a bad idea to get a feel for it before i get into it, but no doubt about it like you mentioned, im sure it will become my next addiction other then drag racing, i always did get a rush about handleing some turns.

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you're gonna love hpde2 [Big Grin]

August at thunderhill for sure [patriot]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:
you're gonna love hpde2 [Big Grin]

August at thunderhill for sure [patriot]

I'm planning to head to Thill in august, just have to make sure we don't have plans for that weekend. I'll hopefully see you there [patriot]

[ June 28, 2011, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

packed up and ready to rock! See you out there Greg!! If anyone else ends up going, watch out for my Faleen and drop by to say HI!

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com