Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » My In-Car Video @ Infineon - Road Racing Content! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: My In-Car Video @ Infineon - Road Racing Content!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a quick video I made from last weekend's NASA trackday at Infineon Raceway. This was during the HPDE 1/2 run group. I just got my GoPro so I was testing out different angles.

Don't mind the slow pace...I was trying to stay smooth and consistent so I could get signed off to HPDE 2 (the next level), which I did at the end of the day [Whoo Whooooo!]

For those of you who want to experience "real driving," this is what you can expect running in the beginner's group! It's fun as hell so come out and try it! This is what its about! [burnout]

(Watch it in the highest resolution if possible...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_rtcHgPefc

[ June 16, 2011, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sick footage! The GoPro is a legit piece of hardware that packs a punch. What are you using for editing?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
Sick footage! The GoPro is a legit piece of hardware that packs a punch. What are you using for editing?

Thanks Brian! The video quality sucks on Youtube. It's way better on Vimeo but they won't allow anything larger that 500mb [Roll Eyes] I'm just using Media Impressions to slap my videos together. I really want something better though...

[ June 16, 2011, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man you're making me want to get into open track racing.. I take the M3 through Palomares once in a while, is it similar or a whole different experience?

[ June 16, 2011, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Smoked50 ]

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry I just couldn't watch the vid I feel like road racing is boring to WATCH it's way better to experience it in the car. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

Thanks Brian! The video quality sucks on Youtube. It's way better on Vimeo but they won't allow anything larger that 500mb [Roll Eyes] I'm just using Media Impressions to slap my videos together. I really want something better though...
Yea youtube really cuts down it down but it still looked really good. I was really impressed with the quality of these things. If you want to try out Adobe Premiere and or Sony Vegas I'll be back in the east bay on Friday. Just pm me.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Smoked50:
Man you're making me want to get into open track racing.. I take the M3 through Palomares once in a while, is it similar or a whole different experience?

The track is a whole different experience from driving through the twisties. You drive a lot faster and it's a safer environment! Also, you have a lot of road to cover (about 3-4 lanes wide) and the twisties are usually just one lane. You should definitely try it! Your M3 would be a blast to drive!

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Sorry I just couldn't watch the vid I feel like road racing is boring to WATCH it's way better to experience it in the car. [patriot]

All good man...honestly, I get sleepy watching videos that are more than a few minutes long too! The actual driving is the fun part!

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

Yea youtube really cuts down it down but it still looked really good. I was really impressed with the quality of these things. If you want to try out Adobe Premiere and or Sony Vegas I'll be back in the east bay on Friday. Just pm me.
I actually have Adobe Premier on my computer but I don't know how to use it. I tried watching tutorials on YouTube but it was confusing. Is Sony Vegas more user friendly?

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I just noticed that the 1080p option is there now...when I reviewed the video after I uploaded it there was only a 480p option. The video did turn out pretty good on youtube afterall [Big Grin]

--------------------

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ah sometimes it takes a little while to render over at youtube. Have you ever used final cut pro on a mac? It is similar. There is a bit of a learning curve but once you get over the hump it's really easy to use.
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was all set to critique and show you what you did wrong. But, overall, your lines are fantastic. Nice, late apex and just kissing the berm. Most in-car videos I see are people hugging the entire corner and letting the car drive them, not the other way around. Much respect! But, I want to see full throttle and some hard braking next time! [burnout]

Where are all the other cars? Every time I ran a NASA event, there was too much traffic to have any fun. I may have to go back if the track is as empty as it seems in the video.

[ June 16, 2011, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Wolfie351 ]

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
I was all set to critique and show you what you did wrong. But, overall, your lines are fantastic. Nice, late apex and just kissing the berm. Most in-car videos I see are people hugging the entire corner and letting the car drive them, not the other way around. Much respect! But, I want to see full throttle and some hard braking next time! [burnout]

Where are all the other cars? Every time I ran a NASA event, there was too much traffic to have any fun. I may have to go back if the track is as empty as it seems in the video.

Thanks man! I tried to stay at a nice, smooth pace so I could stay on the line...I'm still working my way up to WOT on the straights [Big Grin] I would definitely appreciate any and all feedback on my driving if you have some [patriot]

Trust me, there was a lot of traffic out there! I'm not fast by any means, but there was a lot of slow movng vehicles. I intentionally chose these clips because they were laps without traffic...just so I could see my line at a decent pace rather than at a crawl.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You definitely got the line down Mr. good job, looking good. Now just progress at your own pace as far as speed goes [burnout]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
You definitely got the line down Mr. good job, looking good. Now just progress at your own pace as far as speed goes [burnout]

Thanks Greg! That was my biggest thing that I took from the T-hill event. I really focused on the line and smoothness. I'm glad I ran the TMR event a couple weeks ago because I was able to get some pre-guidance before the NASA event. I love this track! Can't wait to build up speed and confidence and really see what my car can do [burnout]

--------------------

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking good. I love that track. I would like to do some NASA events, HOD, and some others. I need to get out more.

Your lines look great, as others said there is no reason you should push your self until your ready. Besides, smoother more often = faster

Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by DEVERO2:
looking good. I love that track. I would like to do some NASA events, HOD, and some others. I need to get out more.

Your lines look great, as others said there is no reason you should push your self until your ready. Besides, smoother more often = faster

Thanks man! I definitely try to stay at my own pace without pushing myself. It's thoroughly engraved in my head that as I get smoother around the track, I'll gain more and more speed. I'll stick to this mentality for now to keep myself safe [patriot]

What clubs do you usually run with?

--------------------

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much should someone typically expect to spend at an event like that for the day? what do they charge to enter in?

i jus want to get a better idea for when im ready to try it out, and more importantly how often i can afford to do it lol. [Cool]

[ June 16, 2011, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
how much should someone typically expect to spend at an event like that for the day? what do they charge to enter in?

i jus want to get a better idea for when im ready to try it out, and more importantly how often i can afford to do it lol. [Cool]

I'd say a typical trackday is about $200 for one day. I'm basing this on NASA events where $200 will get you 4 sessions. Other organizations may cost more/less and have more sessions...I think they all vary.

Aside from buying a ticket to drive/race, the only other money you'll spend that day is for gas and food...that is if you don't sleep at a hotel the night before the event. This is also assuming that your car is already properly prepared (ie: good brakes, fluids, good tires, etc.). It's actually not an "expensive weekend," but I can see how and why people say it's an "expensive hobby."

--------------------

TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice vid [patriot] track looks fun, i needa be on thatt soon lol

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Session 2 seriously looked like a video game to me haha [Razz]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Layzie650:
Nice vid [patriot] track looks fun, i needa be on thatt soon lol

Yup, IT IS fun! You should come out if you're up to it!

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
Session 2 seriously looked like a video game to me haha [Razz]

You're right, it does kinda seem like your playing a video game haha

--------------------

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

Here is the best deal around. I have ran several of their events over the last 4 years.

http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

The driving school will get you going in the right direction.

[ June 17, 2011, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: 4IDFOX ]

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 4IDFOX:

Here is the best deal around. I have ran several of their events over the last 4 years.

http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

The driving school will get you going in the right direction.

I agree...I've never ran with NCRC but their pricing is great!

How does their driving school work? Is it just like how NASA assigns HPDE 1 drivers an instructor for the entire day with driver's meetings in between sessions, or is it completely different from that. I've been thinking about signing up for a driving school or race school (if I can) but I dont really know who has them locally.

--------------------

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sick bro, wat was your average speed u were going, wat was the top speed. the reason i ask is i got 3:73 gears and i got great low end,after 3rd gear it jus dnt pull so hard

[ June 19, 2011, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Stangn5oh ]

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com