Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Rearview mirrors??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rearview mirrors??
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for replacement or attachable wide angle rearview mirrors. I find that the stock mirror in my 98 isn't very effective when cars are at my quarter panels.

I'd really like one of those 4 panel mirrors but not sure if they can clip onto my stock mirror. I've also seen 14" and 17" attachable mirrors but not sure if they're much better than the stock unit. Any suggestions? Thanks!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How are your side mirrors adjusted, can you see the edges of your car in them?

If so you probably just need to fix your adjustment of the stock mirrors to get a better view of whats beside you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwzUE6PHk4U

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always adjust my mirrors at trackdays to not angle towards the rear quarter panels (a tip given to me by my instructor at my very first event [Big Grin] ). It's very helpful when setup properly but I'd still like to be able to see more through my rear view mirror. I may get the 17" attachable mirror from ioportracing.com since it's just about $20, but I'd really like to get something that will "work." If I get this mirror I hope it works for me...any other suggestions??

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a lot of personal preference here and it also depends on your seat position.

I use the 17" roll cage mount mirror and have it angled so I can see behind me and through the back edge of the passenger side door window. That covers the back and right side rear quarter panel. I have the right side mirror adjusted wide, out away from the car so I can see how close a car is to the passenger door.

I have a clamp on spot mirror available if you're interested.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
There's a lot of personal preference here and it also depends on your seat position.

I use the 17" roll cage mount mirror and have it angled so I can see behind me and through the back edge of the passenger side door window. That covers the back and right side rear quarter panel. I have the right side mirror adjusted wide, out away from the car so I can see how close a car is to the passenger door.

I have a clamp on spot mirror available if you're interested.

I'll probably try the 17" clip-on mirror from Ioport Racing and then adjust my side mirrors a little more further out. I'd love to try one of those clamp on spot mirrors but I dont have a cage to clamp it onto [Big Grin] Thanks for the offer though SteveL [patriot]

--------------------

Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you know my car and all, well the previous owner attached fish-eye little mirrors at the corners for handle the problem you're describing.

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
broadway clip on mirrors. different legths and real clean look

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I went to Wine Country Motorsports at Infineon today and picked up a clip-on panoramic mirror for $20. It looks like it'll work great and for the price you really cant go wrong. Thanks for all the input guys [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com