Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Karting

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Karting
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any of you guys be interested in getting together for some fun racing at le Mans Karting in fremont? I've been going pretty regularly and I'm running in league events now. I ran in a sprint race on Memorial day, here is my helmet cam video from it. I qualified 1st out of a field of 10 and finished first.

You Tube Vid

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That looks fun! Do you own your own go kart? I've actually never been to an indoor go karting place. Can those karts flip or get sideways?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
That looks fun! Do you own your own go kart? I've actually never been to an indoor go karting place. Can those karts flip or get sideways?

I don't think they can flip, but you can drift them at any indoor karting place I've been too, the gas ones are easier to drift than the electric ones, but electric is all that's local to me.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:

I don't think they can flip, but you can drift them at any indoor karting place I've been too, the gas ones are easier to drift than the electric ones, but electric is all that's local to me.
I don't own but I wouldn't mind owning, never seen any one flip but they do get sideways as you can see from my steering inputs in the video. The place is run but SCCA NASA floks so it's geared towards racing (not like Malibu) they also treat the track surface to make it sticky but play with grip in the racing lines to make things interesting.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BIzKitBrAIn:
quote:
quote:

I don't own but I wouldn't mind owning, never seen any one flip but they do get sideways as you can see from my steering inputs in the video. The place is run but SCCA NASA floks so it's geared towards racing (not like Malibu) they also treat the track surface to make it sticky but play with grip in the racing lines to make things interesting.
sounds fun! How much does it cost to run?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

sounds fun! How much does it cost to run?
Pricing varies from what you want to do, also it varies if it's Peak or Off Peak time. The one thing I like about it is, it teaches you to be SMOOTH to get fast laptimes. Also you can't beat the seat time you get and the things you learn you can apply to your open track events.

Here is the pricing info http://www.lemanskarting.com/racing/pricing.php

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's pretty funny, I almost posted the same exact thing. I have a couple of gift cards for this place. Im down

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
That's pretty funny, I almost posted the same exact thing. I have a couple of gift cards for this place. Im down

I ran today at lunch with co-workers. I also run the Super Grand Prix event ever Sunday night if anyone wants to come out.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd be down for this. I haven't been there since 2003, I bet it's changed a bit.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

I may be going this evening if anyone wants to join

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

DevonShelbyGT
¯
Member # 8696

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevonShelbyGT  Ford pictures for DevonShelbyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive been to le mans and almost every other one in nor cal. RPM in sacramento def has the fastest karts and the most technical indoor karting track

on monday i guess they combine the two tracks together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GOEhAMDYSo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JqM9_k-bw0

Posts: 299 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
Originally posted by DevonShelbyGT:
ive been to le mans and almost every other one in nor cal. RPM in sacramento def has the fastest karts and the most technical indoor karting track

In that video they are using the SAME kart as Le Mans the "sodi" not sure what you mean "fastest" have you checked out gokart racer they are the same as RPM, Same tracks almost exactly down to the combined super track.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

DevonShelbyGT
¯
Member # 8696

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevonShelbyGT  Ford pictures for DevonShelbyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

In that video they are using the SAME kart as Le Mans the "sodi" not sure what you mean "fastest" have you checked out gokart racer they are the same as RPM, Same tracks almost exactly down to the combined super track.
the tracks being the same - yea... not so much

excuse me i meant fastest tracks

yes rpm felt "fastest" lol and if the backstretch/straightaway of that track brings you up to around 35-40mph as they claim... then yes, it is def the fastest

[Whoo Whooooo!]

[ June 06, 2011, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: DevonShelbyGT ]

Posts: 299 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
quote:
quote:

the tracks being the same - yea... not so much

excuse me i meant fastest tracks

yes rpm felt "fastest" lol and if the backstretch/straightaway of that track brings you up to around 35-40mph as they claim... then yes, it is def the fastest

[Whoo Whooooo!]

I still think the le Mans track "races" better. Went out last night with another friend for a late night sprint race. We took 1st & 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-G6CEhcrU4

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com