Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NASA at Infineon this weekend

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NASA at Infineon this weekend
mtndew98
¯
Member # 9426

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for mtndew98  Ford pictures for mtndew98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NASA is running at Infineon this weekend, it costs $10.00 to get in, you can watch all the road racing action and walk around and check out all the cool cars.

If you have ever wondered how fun it would be to actually run your car on a real racetrack this is a good time to get a look.

I'm going to be there and lets pray for sunshine [Wink]

--------------------
98 GT full PI swap, #40 NASA TTC

Posts: 38 | From: Fairfield CA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck out there I think the weather should hold up all weekend. What do you have done to your mustang (suspension brakes and tires

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be out there helping my buddy whos running in it ! should come out ita blast and get to see some bad ass set ups!
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
ill be out there helping my buddy whos running in it ! should come out ita blast and get to see some bad ass set ups!

Been out many times if your referring to me. I have an AI 97 Cobra, can't wait to take it out soon. I always enjoy meeting new people and learning about peoples wet ups if you can get there secrets [Big Grin]
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a video of my best time, 1:49.5. I won TTS both days. The video and sound is not the greatest but you get the idea.

-

mtndew98
¯
Member # 9426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtndew98  Ford pictures for mtndew98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SF Coupe:
[QB] Here's a video of my best time, 1:49.5. I won TTS both days. The video and sound is not the greatest but you get the idea.

Wow, that's crazy fast. Congrats on being fastest in TTS. I was in the yellow mustang that you passed just before the tape ended. Might get a better view of the track if you moved that camera up a little ;

--------------------
98 GT full PI swap, #40 NASA TTC

Posts: 38 | From: Fairfield CA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Goddamn SFCoupe...you were tearing shit up out there! You passed those other cars like they werent moving [Big Grin] Whats your setup?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Goddamn SFCoupe...you were tearing shit up out there! You passed those other cars like they werent moving [Big Grin] Whats your setup?

Thanks, I'm running the maximum motorsports chassis. Basically everything in the catalog except the rear sway bar.

Here's another video of me chasing my friend John in his Z06. This isn't some over 50 dude half assing it either, he is the track record holder in TTA for Infineon and Thunderhill.

-

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's sick bro what you got as far as motor and brakes?!

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Stock bottom end 302, AFR 165, FTI cam 321rwhp 339rwtq. The brakes are cobra PBR's with race pads and cooling ducts.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Stock bottom end 302, AFR 165, FTI cam 321rwhp 339rwtq. The brakes are cobra PBR's with race pads and cooling ducts.

Nice man! I gotta hook up with you one day so you can show me the ropes! I've been wanting to get into open track and I think my car is almost ready for it.

--------------------

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sf coupe was that you in the mud in turn 5 on sunday?
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Not me, knock on wood.
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

Thanks, I'm running the maximum motorsports chassis. Basically everything in the catalog except the rear sway bar.

Here's another video of me chasing my friend John in his Z06. This isn't some over 50 dude half assing it either, he is the track record holder in TTA for Infineon and Thunderhill.

-

I must say, looking good from what I can see on the low mount camera. Nice driving
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Thanks [patriot] I put some fresh A6's on last month and ran a 1:47.7. I do have to get around to fixing the camera angle and sound. I would love to have some good footage of my runs, you can learn a lot from it.
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Thanks [patriot] I put some fresh A6's on last month and ran a 1:47.7. I do have to get around to fixing the camera angle and sound. I would love to have some good footage of my runs, you can learn a lot from it.

Are the A6's better than the R6's? Stickier or longevity issues; have you tried both? 1:47 is ridiculously fast for a stock appearing coupe without ground effects and a spoiler. You are taking that coupe to the max for sure.
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

I have tried both. In my experience A6 are about 1.5-2 seconds a lap quicker than R6 at both Infineon and Thunderhill. They will heat cycle out before they will cord as will R6 so there is no longevity issue there. I also think the A's are much more consistent through the life of the tire. They get a little greasy after about 5-6 hard laps, I get about 30-35 heat cycles out of them.

[ April 12, 2010, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: SF Coupe ]

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beautiful man. Just beautiful. Cant wait to get out there.

How much ass in seat time would you say you have?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

5 years, usually 15 track days a year.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com