Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » DRIFT PATROL FOR SALE

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: DRIFT PATROL FOR SALE
dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well,
I think I've officially decided to sell it. I've decided ultimately, if I want to continue to compete in Formula Drift, I've got to build a new (S197) chassis. They just straight out do not want my car in the series- period. Its too bad because I finally feel like I have the car to a point where it could be competitive.

I am first and foremost interested in selling the chassis. I wont part it til the chassis is sold, so please use this forum post to post if you're interested in the car as a whole, the the chassis, or what components you're interested in. This is mostly to see whether or not I'm going to part it out.

PLEASE, NO PMS about parts (unless you want the chassis), NO TRADES or rediculous offers. Im not hurting for money or stuff- so dont waste our time. Thanks!

The car broken down:

Griggs Racing GR40 World Challenge Road Race suspension Kit
w welded in through & under subframes and torque box reinforcements, bumpsteer kit, tubular k-member, tubular front control arms,
S95 adjustable castor links (10.5 degrees caster), Tubular rear control arms,
tubular torque-arm cross member, torque-arm, adjustable watts link w aluminum studded diff cover, caster camber plates, etc etc $7100+
Cobra R front Brake Kit w 93 Cobra Master Cylinder: $600
Griggs Racing 4 on 4 rear brakes w 12.75 two-piece rotors $2700
Hawk HPS brake pads front and rear $250
Modified Sn95 spindles for more angle/quick steer $300
Kirk Racing custom 8-point cage w dual nascar bars 1.75 DOM cage $800
Custom modifed steering rack $250
CNC hydraulic E-brake w inline residual pressure valve (creates slight
drag on brakes to keep brakes at operating temps at all times) $200
Koni Double adjustable coil-overs custom-valved $1600
Tremec Built T-5 (rated to 450hp) $600
Moser 31 spline 8.8 5-lug axles $300
3:11 rear end gear
17x8 30mm offset Rota D2 rims (fronts) $300
18x9 35mm offset Rota D2 Rims (rears) $400
H&R hub-centric 25mm spacers $150
Paxton SL1200 supercharger kit (w 2 pulleys) $2600
Vortech "race bracket", pulleys, tensioners, hard pipe, BOV, etc etc $400
Trick Flow 255lph fuel pump $150
302 engine w headers, $1600 in head work, $400 head gaskts, ARP
Head studs, titatium springs, new valves....etc etc. $500
New 6-peice headlight kit $100
Brake Proportioning valve $35
Pro Mass Air Systems MAF $100
Big Radiator $100
Fuel Injectors (42 or 48?) $250
Chassis-- (can I really charge for that?) +_____
$19,800
Not going to include- seats, harnesses, pretty hood, lightbar,...

That doesnt include the $2500 I paid for the car, or any of the labor/time spent building the car. Obviously I cant/dont plan on trying to recoup the costs of everything. I tried to low-ball all the prices a little bit, and I know nothing is new. I also didnt list all the little things like the battery, battery relocation kit, steel braided brake lines, tires on the car, shifter, clutch, polycarbonite windows (doors), etc etc etc.
I'm considering offers over $8,000 (minus the blower setup), and not sure yet if I want to part it out. The chassis, If parted out, will include the cage (obviously) & sub-frames welded in, and torque-arm mount, and spare tire cover plate.
I dont want a hundred e-mails saying "I'll buy your coil-overs for $500", or "I call dibs on the caster plates". Use this forum to post your thoughts or offers- no bs please. I'm obviously not in a hurry to sell it, and am not hard up for cash.
The only thing I'd consider trading for is a S197. I would consider selling it minus motor/drivetrain, or minus wheels, susp- whatever. Please only serious, funded people e-mail me (dont PM) dpracingdan@gmail.com
Thanks!

[ March 03, 2010, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: dpracingdan ]

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would post this on nasaproracing.com and the corral. Well funded people are few and far between on this site. Good luck.
dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the tip
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will you take $400 for the tranny?
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Couple of my favorite videos

http://www.youtube.com/driftpatrol#p/a/u/2/YVu2hpqaLNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJhOSIGIQgs

dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
I would post this on nasaproracing.com and the corral. Well funded people are few and far between on this site. Good luck.

SFCoupe- would you post this on Corral? I dont have a membership and dont feel like signing up for 1 more forum.
appreciated

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:

So so true lol

--------------------
Jesus is king!

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Done

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=9616820#post9616820

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a great deal for a drift car...... Wish I was in the right spot to buy something like this. Good luck with the sale [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

THanks! *EDIT* THe cage is 1.75" DOM not 1.25"
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They Dont want your car in the series?Period?
Thats so lame ... You car was always interesting to see! I cant believe them. I love seeing you perform in Long Beach at the Grand prix, Always bad ass seeing a old foxbody sliding around the streets of LB. You should keep it and look for new sponsers if possible. after all you started the trend of people wanting to build drift fox's.

Really I dont care to see the S197 cars as much as your Fox. If your gonna sell it to buy something better -Buy a 93chp Notchback fox body. I know where to find a few if you need help, My buddy in gardena c.a. sells them.
or
Talk to Kyle mohan, He may know someone interested in buying your car. He was in the same position...he sold his rx7 drift car to get a rx8 for better sponserships. I wish there was more money to be made in the sport, but thats racing I guess. I used to work at Cosworth Racing till The IRL series killed Champcar and I got laid off,-but thats racing. Good luck Dan!

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com