Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » your opinion please

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: your opinion please
Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=458

looks like a good price to me, but what do you guys think?

--------------------
04 GT

kpl
¯
Member # 1879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpl  Ford pictures for kpl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depends what you are going to do with the car, cruise, auto-x, road race, or what combination and how smooth of a ride do you want to keep.

--------------------
Kevin

Posts: 83 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
search on corral.net luke made a thread on there about that suspension on his notch, and a couple people posted websites that sold that kit for cheaper.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly its a waste of money. You can spend good money on better parts.

Here is a table for springs rates, to look and compare. Itf cornering, you want stiffer then those. More on the lines of a H&R Super Sport or harder spring set.
Spring Rates

Second, there are alot better Shock/strut combos out there, they may cost a bit more, but when it comes to suspension and something you are going to be pounding on, don't cheap out, to get something now. Save and do it correctly. I have blown money on cheapier set-ups to throw them away within a year.

My opinion, buy this set-up http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=037968

And then upgrade your struts/shocks to at least
web page

If you can save up, get these, D-Spec's
web page

The sway bars, don't mess with until you feel out the car. You will need shorter endlinks for the front to keep the front bar in the correct range. You can get them from Speed Merchant in SJ, or Vic Hubbards in Hayward. The rear bar you may have to change later, they are prone to breaking. But until then, don't waste you tiem. And when that happens I would look into the Maximum Motorsport Cobra Replacemnt, or the Steeda Heavy Duty Rear bar. They are both basically a cobra rear bar.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com