Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » the CHEAPEST way..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: the CHEAPEST way..
Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys

whats the cheapest way to get on the track?

For example, t hills driving class is a good deal, you get the whole day with lunch for like 120 bucks or something.

So I am looking for ideas to get onto the track, on like an open test day, or a certain kind of event or something like that, what kind of day I should look for.

--------------------
04 GT

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think NASA offers the least cost track event. They also offer instruction.

Open test days cost more and is not a good option for new drivers.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NASA is probably the cheapist. There are so many good alternatives these days, but one thing to remember. A track with less cars at an event will usually cost more too. So wiegh out the options. More race space or get basic experience first.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there any places that provide the car and you just show up and they have everything? or are all places that you hae to provide the car?
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are racing schools that offer that. It does cost alot more. I think its Jim Russell thats at sears point offers that, then there is the Bob Bondaruant School of driving that offers the use of there cars too.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
... and dont forget skip barber!

--------------------
04 GT

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ture that. There is another one too, but I can't remember the name of it.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey john wanna let me borrow your car [Big Grin]

[ March 12, 2006, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

How tall are you? You may not reach the pedals. (Fixed location Seat) [Wink]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:

im about 5'5"-5'6"
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:

im about 5'5"-5'6"
I don't think you would be able to reach then. I'm 5'11". Maybe we could take you as a passanger sometime though.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:

im about 5'5"-5'6"
I don't think you would be able to reach then. I'm 5'11". Maybe we could take you as a passanger sometime though.
that would be awesome, always wanted to be in a track car to see what it was like
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

I'll shoot you a PM once we know when we are going next time. You got a helmet right?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
I'll shoot you a PM once we know when we are going next time. You got a helmet right?

my friend has like 2-3 becuase when we go to the track he forgets to bring it so i he bought one to stay legal.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com