Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » July 2/3 AutoX @ Castle Airport Merced (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: July 2/3 AutoX @ Castle Airport Merced
Todd Z28
¯
Member # 951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Z28  Ford pictures for Todd Z28  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The next round of the American AutoX Series is July 2/3 at Castle Airport in Atwater (Merced)
This is the Larry Park Memorial (the founder of the series) and usually the biggest/fastest event of the year.
There will also be a dinner in town Saturday night for anyone interested.

www.americanauto-x.com

--------------------
'98 Z28 (almost stock)
AutoX #72 Street Mod
'68 Corvette
BSP-V #00
www.americanauto-x.com

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this open to normal street cars, based on the website it looks like you need to be SCCA legal. I am 1.5 hour drive away and considering checking it out.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

kirkspeed
Member # 5552

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kirkspeed  Ford pictures for kirkspeed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is one of the best weekends of autocrossing all year. Any car can enter as long as it passes tech. See ya there. [Cool]

93 Mustang ESP

--------------------
93 Mustang LX 5.0
#13 ESP
2001,2002 SFR SCCA ESP Champ

Coupe
¯
Member # 3001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coupe  Ford pictures for Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT for one cool event [worship]
9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend is interested in his 98 m3. when is the dead line to sign up for the next auto x jul2/3? and how much is it? thank you [patriot]

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who's going the 23/24?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

98M3Pride
¯
Member # 5798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98M3Pride  Ford pictures for 98M3Pride    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When can i sign up and how much??? I really need to know. TY.

--------------------
-Bill
98' BMW M3
Mods- Dinan stage 3 suspension, X-brace, AA SSK, Cosmos CAI, and Euro all around.

Posts: 279 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
98M3Pride
¯
Member # 5798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98M3Pride  Ford pictures for 98M3Pride    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok well i did some searching at the site and found when to sign up and how much. But when u pass tech it says they give u a sticker. Anyone got a pic of what it looks like??

--------------------
-Bill
98' BMW M3
Mods- Dinan stage 3 suspension, X-brace, AA SSK, Cosmos CAI, and Euro all around.

98M3Pride
¯
Member # 5798

Anyone have a clue of what class im gonna be in?? Look at my mods in sig to configure.

--------------------
-Bill
98' BMW M3

alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwaysracin  Ford pictures for alwaysracin  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the M3 looks with what mods you have posted will be in BSP.

This is going to be a great event. last year my co-driver and I were hitting the rev limiter in third (around 115) this year I heard Frank (the course designer) wants to go faster !!!! But we were driving one of the faster accellerating cars

SEE YOU there!
Scott Fraser

98M3Pride
¯
Member # 5798

I hope not. That means im gonna be running with zo6's.

--------------------
-Bill
98' BMW M3

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats bill now look where u put urself. any way i think you will do fine. hey scott what time are you leaving and where from? maby we can all go together?. and uuh...any tips for newbies? ty

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

98M3Pride
¯
Member # 5798

Yes any help for newbies? Any will be appreciated. Thank you.

--------------------
-Bill
98' BMW M3

98M3Pride
¯
Member # 5798

Sorry for double posting but i got a question. Can we get practice runs in? David i think i may have to pretend that im going there just to watch. My parents dont like the idea of me wasting my tires again. Im gonna say that im going there to support u. Also, how wide is the track?

--------------------
-Bill
98' BMW M3

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

lol, yeah watch me race what? the camry.

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
co-owner of PWA

98M3Pride
¯
Member # 5798

uh huh [Wink]

--------------------
-Bill
98' BMW M3

98M3Pride
¯
Member # 5798

Whats a PAX Factor??

--------------------
-Bill
98' BMW M3

alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwaysracin  Ford pictures for alwaysracin  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BSP races against C4 Corvettes not Z06s. BSP PAX
is .839, same as SCCA. Bob Tunnell would have one in 2001, in his '95 M3, but Vic won in his 240Z (who I was co-driving with). Locally we have Harold Olsen who won BSP nationally last year and Kevin Kluge, who bought the ex-BSPL national champion car. Having good competition is always a plus. So if you can compete with them, then your all good!

I live in South San Jose, but not sure when I'm going to leave, most likely early Saturday morning with Rob Boynton and his trailor. He gets back from France tomorrow night so I will know more then.

Later,
Scott Fraser

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

damn i really wish my car was ready by this weekend. ooh well, i guess i will have to wait till the next one. i will still try to stop by just to see what it is like. ooh yea, and what class do u think a stock(suspension wise) 99 cobra should be in. and i heard if i get subframes welded in then its not to good bc it would move me up a class. is that true? ty guys

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
co-owner of PWA

98M3Pride
¯
Member # 5798

Answer his question and mine. What's PAX factor mean?

--------------------
-Bill
98' BMW M3

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

if ur still on bill call me now k

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
co-owner of PWA

alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

if you add sub frame connecters you go to a really tough class... Street Mod.

a stock suspension mustang is usually F Stock. some other mustangs are different.

Pax- a made up number to make it more driver vs. driver even with different cars.

Scott Fraser

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

thank you for the info, but i will prolly wind up getting the sub frames i think its the best bang for the buck.

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
co-owner of PWA

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm heading up tomorrow morning.

say hi if you see me, I'll be driving the white notchback in street tire, 3rd run.

I'll probably be docked my points though, run 3 says to work run 1 but I'm not waking up at 6am for that bullshit, lol. I'll try to work run 4

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

yea, so bill(98 m3) and i are going to be there for sure. probably around 10am

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
co-owner of PWA

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com