Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Any serious road racers?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any serious road racers?
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So is there any serious road racers that would want a week of non stop fun. 5 tracks, 5 days, total track loving fun.
http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/register.htm

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Todd Z28
¯
Member # 951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Z28  Ford pictures for Todd Z28  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
So is there any serious road racers that would want a week of non stop fun. 5 tracks, 5 days, total track loving fun.

Why? are you looking for a co-driver [Big Grin] ?

Looks like fun. A friend of mine did it last year in a turbo Miata and had a great time.

--------------------
'98 Z28 (almost stock)
AutoX #72 Street Mod
'68 Corvette
BSP-V #00
www.americanauto-x.com

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Z28:
quote:

Why? are you looking for a co-driver [Big Grin] ?

Looks like fun. A friend of mine did it last year in a turbo Miata and had a great time.

Possibly so we can bring our second car. But our co-driver would need to prove experience, and split entry fees, so on... also would have to be simaler hieght and reach as me. Fixed seat location. [Wink] Why know someone? [Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill be attending when i have more experience and more money. [Cool]

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
Todd Z28
¯
Member # 951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Z28  Ford pictures for Todd Z28  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Possibly so we can bring our second car. But our co-driver would need to prove experience, and split entry fees, so on... also would have to be simaler hieght and reach as me. Fixed seat location. [Wink] Why know someone? [Big Grin]

Well, I'm about 5'10 and I'm sure I could find some $ somewhere [Big Grin] as for experience, send me an Email and I can give you a couple references... [Smile] or come out the the DeAnza autoX Sunday and track me down I'll be in the #00 '68 Corvette.

--------------------
'98 Z28 (almost stock)
AutoX #72 Street Mod
'68 Corvette
BSP-V #00
www.americanauto-x.com

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

check pm. [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwaysracin  Ford pictures for alwaysracin  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
building my CMC car right now. Other than that just auto-xing other peoples trick cars.

If you need a co driver for the OTC let me know I might be intrested. Find me this weekend or ask and i'll give you some references and past finishes. You can watch thiis Sunday at Duel at De Anza I'll be co-driving the 2002 Porsche GT2.

Later,
Scott Fraser

kirkspeed
Member # 5552

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kirkspeed  Ford pictures for kirkspeed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car has never seen a track day. There is no way I could ever put it in a walls way. On the other hand driving it in the bay area is freaking dangerous. Scott is one of the best autocrossers and party'rs I know. If you come out to a AAS or SCCA autocross event I will be there in ESP putting up a good fight. [Big Grin]

--------------------
93 Mustang LX 5.0
#13 ESP
2001,2002 SFR SCCA ESP Champ

Jeff Dalbec
Member # 5031

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Dalbec  Ford pictures for Jeff Dalbec    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys might want to check the OTC website as it's been cancelled for 2005.

From the OTC website

"It is with great regret that Zen Five Productions, LLC announces that the Open Track Challenge has been cancelled for 2005. The current number of entries did not meet our expectations and would not support the tremendous cost involved in running the event as well as the effort required to run the event. All current entries that have been accepted will be returned along with any checks or credit card numbers that were submitted along with the entries. The partners are currently in discussions for alternative plans for 2006, but the event will not run this year. Travel safe and be fast."

--------------------
Blown 90Lx

Posts: 7 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ya, it sucks. There is the Ghett-OTC, but not sure if thats what we wanna do. I think we are just going to do some regular events to finish the year out.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Jim Wood
¯
Member # 5531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Wood  Ford pictures for Jim Wood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What clubs are you with? There's ARC/NCR, Speedventure, am I missing any? I am looking to do several events before the end of the year, would like to see some other 03-04's at the track.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

We pretty much stick with NASA, and Trackmasters, and PCA. Mostly NASA though. We run in HPDE 4 so in theory, people should know how to drive by then. Right now taking a bit of down time to do some rebuild stuff though. One of our group, blew the motor last time, I had an electrical nightmare, and now building a new rearend. So we are looking end of september or october before we are out again.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Wood:
What clubs are you with? There's ARC/NCR, Speedventure, am I missing any? I am looking to do several events before the end of the year, would like to see some other 03-04's at the track.

List of most (if not all) street car track days for the rest of the year

Aug 13-14: Willow Springs, SpeedVentures
Aug 14-15: Thunderhill, Tracquest
Aug 18: Thunderhill, NASA
Aug 19: Thunderhill, Unlimited Laps
Aug 20-21: Thunderhill, BMWCCA
Aug 25, Thunderhill, Thunderhill DS
Sept 5-6: Laguna Seca, Greenflag
Sept 8: Thunderhill, Hooked On Driving
Sept 9: Thunderhill, NCRC
Sept 10: Streets of Willow, Porsche Owner's Club
Sept 10-11: Thunderhill, NASA
Sept 10-11: Willow Springs, NASA
Sept 13: Thunderhill, GG Lotus
Sept 16: Thunderhill, Unlimited Laps
Sept 16: Streets of Willow, SpeedVentures
Sept 17-18: Buttonwillow, BMWCCA
Sept 17-18: Thunderhill, Greenflag
Sept 23: Thunderhill, TrackMasters
Sept 24: Thunderhill, Porsche Club
Sept 24-25: Sears Point, Shelby Club
Sept 30: Thunderhill, NCRC
Sept 30-Oct 2: Buttonwillow, SpeedVentures
Oct 2: Thunderhill, Thunderhill DS
Oct 6: Thunderhill, McGee's
Oct 8-9: Sears Point, NASA
Oct 8-9, Buttonwillow, NASA
Oct 10: Thunderhill, Checkered Flag
Oct 14: Buttonwillow, SpeedVentures
Oct 14: Thunderhill, Ferrari Club
Oct 15-16: Thunderhill, Shelby Club
Oct 17: Buttonwillow, GG Lotus
Oct 28: Streets of Willow, SpeedVentures
Oct 29-30: Thunderhill, NASA
Oct 29-30: Sears Point, NASA
Oct 31: Thunderhill, Unlimited Laps
Nov 3: Thunderhill, Hooked On Driving
Nov 3-4: Sears Point, Audi Club
Nov 5-6: Sears Point, BMWCCA
Nov 10: Thunderhill, NASA
Nov 11: Thunderhill, Unlimited Laps
Nov 12-13: Streets of Willow, SpeedTrial
Nov 12-13: Buttonwillow, NASA
Nov 13: Sears Point, TrackMasters
Nov 14-15: Sears Point, Tracquest
Nov 18: Streets of Willow, SpeedVentures
Nov 19-20: Thunderhill, NCRC
Nov 25: Sears Point, Checkered Flag
Nov 26-27: Buttonwillow, Greenflag
Dec 1: Laguna, TrackMasters
Dec 3-4: Streets of Willow, SpeedTrial
Dec 9: Streets of Willow, SpeedVentures
Dec 10: Thundergill, Thunderhill DS
Dec 15: Laguna Seca, PCA

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com