Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Cheap Track time!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheap Track time!
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its about the same ddrive to thunderhill, but for a much faster track!
Trackmasters Reno

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Jim Wood
¯
Member # 5531

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jim Wood  Ford pictures for Jim Wood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a great track. Very fun to drive in heavy cars with good horsepower. Great link, thanks.

The only down side is that they only have portpottys so women be fore warned.

Coupe
¯
Member # 3001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coupe  Ford pictures for Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I get a codriver do we each have to pay an entrance fee or is it a entrance fee for the car? Meaning if we split the number of runs we get perday for 2 people would it still be $165?
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you can split the entry fee, but you would need to contact the group running it. Some allow 2 drivers per car, others don't.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a fast track but not very safe.
Jim Wood
¯
Member # 5531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Wood  Ford pictures for Jim Wood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by acmikee:
its a fast track but not very safe.

Why do you say that? The bumpy straightaway in the back? Just drive in the middle.
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unless they have changed it if you go off track especially after turn 3 to 7 there are large drop offs which will cause any car to roll. they're are also large bolders in the infield area.. the track has improved alot since its first race 3 years ago.....mike
Jim Wood
¯
Member # 5531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Wood  Ford pictures for Jim Wood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have also expanded the track in the past couple of years. I was there a couple of weeks ago and I remember at least one car going off the track at turn 3-4. Its pretty much all level now. Plus they expanded the track. I didn't see any boulders in the infield. I know they are pretty excited about adding a mile or so to the length of the track. I imagine it has changed a lot in three years, probably in part to concerns about.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ya, the weather did do its toll on the back straight at reno. but otherwise, the track was very fast, they did get rid of the large rocks in the infield, and filled in the run-offs a bit. I know I had a great time inlight of some electrical issues. We'll have a cool video up later this week, from us being there. We were testing a few new camera set-ups, so new angles with alot more action.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com