Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » DUEL AT DE ANZA

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: DUEL AT DE ANZA
alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwaysracin  Ford pictures for alwaysracin  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is going on this year..

May 15 by invite only (well to race).

To be invited you had to trophy in the last duel, 2003.

just to give you a heads up, leave that day open!

Scott Fraser

LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is this?

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many people trophied in 03'? Also how many people ran in 03'? Also more details..

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

Solid Snake
¯
Member # 719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Solid Snake  Ford pictures for Solid Snake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LuvMy04GT:
what is this?

Auto-X event in the De Anza school parking lot.

--------------------
2003 Cobra, Dark Shadow Grey
BMW Tech and MINI tech Master Tech

Posts: 153 | From: Livenomore, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats cool. my shop teacher in high school used to teach at de anza and he told us about that. kind of a limited entry it seems like though [Frown]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwaysracin  Ford pictures for alwaysracin  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The flyer says 200 people....

It's a fund raiser for the De Anza auto shop... it has been going on for 35 years in 2003, but 04 was cancelled because of parking lot construction. It takes place in the De Anza parking lot.

This is a good time to run or even watch.

I'm still debating what car i want to run, GT2 Porsche or something to show off in... decisions decisions (too bad I dont own any of them)...

Later,
Scott Fraser

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by alwaysracin:
The flyer says 200 people....

It's a fund raiser for the De Anza auto shop... it has been going on for 35 years in 2003, but 04 was cancelled because of parking lot construction. It takes place in the De Anza parking lot.

This is a good time to run or even watch.

I'm still debating what car i want to run, GT2 Porsche or something to show off in... decisions decisions (too bad I dont own any of them)...

Later,
Scott Fraser

so is it open to anybody now or what??
can people bring their own cars to run like in the past?

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would come down if I could race, but to drive that far and not be able to race. Sorry...

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

Mustang
¯
Member # 3943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustang  Ford pictures for Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds good, I'll try to be there. [patriot]

--------------------
"You're Good, But You're Not That Good "

Posts: 54 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know how to get in contact with the person in charge of the event? Also, where do you get the entry forms for the Autox?
alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

This years event is by invite only. So they are inviting the last events trophy winners first. If you ran in 2003 and trophied you will be getting your invitation by mail.

later,
Scott Fraser

Luckily they changed it, waking up that early in the morning should be a sin.

The parking lot has been changed and they want people with some kind of expierence to participate in the event.

Todd Z28
¯
Member # 951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Z28  Ford pictures for Todd Z28  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The flyers were sent out to everyone that ran in 2003 as that was the only mailing list they had available for the event. They were giving priority to '03 trophy winners, but there aren't that many of them....

There may be some spots still available, PM me if you want to sign upand I'll send you the phone # for the person incharge of registration.

If you go (eiter to run or watch) I'll probably be there running the #00 '68 Corvette (if it's not ready I'll be in my white '98 Z28). Stop by and say howdy [Smile]

--------------------
'98 Z28 (almost stock)
AutoX #72 Street Mod
'68 Corvette
BSP-V #00
www.americanauto-x.com

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When is it?
What time does it start?
is there an entrance fee. to watch?
thank y0u

Todd Z28
¯
Member # 951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Z28  Ford pictures for Todd Z28  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
May 15 at De Anza College in Cupertino.
$20 to enter (pre registration only) and free to watch. There should be hamburgers and such available for sale by the autoTech club as well.

--------------------
'98 Z28 (almost stock)
AutoX #72 Street Mod
'68 Corvette
BSP-V #00
www.americanauto-x.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com