Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » auto x?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: auto x?
9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey, it seems like a fun thing to do, but i know nothing about it. do u have to be in a certain club, what are car requirements, price.... any info or web sited would be great.

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.americanauto-x.com

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra9:
hey, it seems like a fun thing to do, but i know nothing about it. do u have to be in a certain club, what are car requirements, price.... any info or web sited would be great.

You don't have to joing but you get some discounts if you do..

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/

The Sac site has a great car look up and the rules for what you can do to the car for each group. What kind of car do you have and what have you done to it?

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just went to my 1st event with American AutoX at Castle AFB. I had never been before and didn't know what need to be done. I just showed up there, paid my money, got my car teched and eveyone I met there was very helpful, no big heads or bad attitudes. Just show up and race what you got.

Good Luck

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

kpl
¯
Member # 1879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpl  Ford pictures for kpl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
they made me join. $80 membership +$30/event. discounts, what discounts?

Norcal SAAC usually has 3 or more auto-x events in the summer, sometimes it's a joint thing with the Tiger and/or Ferrari clubs. I don't see any on the schedule at this time though. $48 membership +$25-$30/event. Also have opentrack events. http://www.norcal-saac.org/

--------------------
Kevin

Posts: 83 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Shok
¯
Member # 3174

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shok  Ford pictures for Shok    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeh unless there has been a recennt change SCCA makes you joinn now, I went to one of the last events that don't require you to join a few years ago. I don't want to be forced to join when I will only do an occasional event, so I decided to go with NASA which had events near salinas. But that dried up so I think I'm screwed now.
Posts: 135 | From: salinas, california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you don't need to join anything to race at the american auto-x, plus AA-X has larger layouts and higher speed tracks than the solo2 SCCA events.

$35/day, the events are 2day events on the weekends.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04Z06:
quote:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/E

The Sac site has a great car look up and the rules for what you can do to the car for each group. What kind of car do you have and what have you done to it?
i have a 99 cobra, with stock suspention, and all the mods in my sig. ty for all the info [patriot]

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kpl:
quote:
they made me join. $80 membership +$30/event. discounts, what discounts?

Norcal SAAC usually has 3 or more auto-x events in the summer, sometimes it's a joint thing with the Tiger and/or Ferrari clubs. I don't see any on the schedule at this time though. $48 membership +$25-$30/event. Also have opentrack events. http://www.norcal-saac.org/

My bad.. Sacramento does not require membership. There is a $5 charge on top of the regular fee if you are not an SCCA member.

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

would i have to disconnect the n20??? and do o/r headers and not cats, disqualify me. i think i read that on the sf auto x one. ty

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
co-owner of PWA

Coupe
¯
Member # 3001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coupe  Ford pictures for Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
would i have to disconnect the n20??? and do o/r headers and not cats, disqualify me. i think i read that on the sf auto x one. ty

You cant have the bottle in car at all. Everything else n20 related can stay.

Come out to the AAX youll have a lot of fun!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com