Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Some pics from American Auto-x this past weekend...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Some pics from American Auto-x this past weekend...
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
My notch and the owner of Central Coast Tires parked behind it
 -
Us in the grid on Saturday
 -
Loaden up for the ride home
 -
My new wallpaper [worship] [worship]

All in all a great weekend, my best lap was a 63.xxx...not bad for my first weekend ever auto-x'ing [patriot]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
newcastle
¯
Member # 4691

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcastle  Ford pictures for newcastle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what class did you run in? were there many mustangs?

i was planning on going sunday, but didn't because of the forecast. thanks for the pics. hope to see at the next one in april.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran in street tire, I'm not sure how I placed and I wont know until the results are posted on the web.

there was a hanful of mustangs, WILDTHANG who posts here was there with his new full griggs foxbody on some new hoosier slicks. There was another teal notch, 2 `05 Mustang GT's, a 200x Mustang GT running in CP class and I think thats it. Of course Mike Maier with his amazing race car was out there, he was running 48.xxx laps [worship] [worship]

[ February 27, 2005, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: blind ]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where was this at? So did your tires hook up pretty good? Also up to what treadwear do they still consider street tire?

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

This was in Atwater at Castle Airport.

My tires did really well despite completely wearing off the outside tread on my fronts (aired up to 40psi before the first run too). I need larger diameter fronts though, my brakes are way too strong for them and locked them up a few times, but the car was really stable and ran some great times. The guy strapping the car down to the trailer in the last pic ran a 59.xxx in it, which was 2 seconds behind a CP class camaro [Eek!]

I'm not 100% on the rules, www.americanauto-x.com should help though.

[ February 27, 2005, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: blind ]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you check your tire preasures after you ran? If so what did they come up to?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Did you check your tire preasures after you ran? If so what did they come up to?

no I didn't, we didn't have much time, my car was driven by me, Becca, and Alen [worship]

I saw other guys checking the pressures after the runs so next time I go I'll be bringing my infrared temp gun and a pressure guage so I can see whats going on with the tires more, I didn't even notice the melted on rubber on the fronts until I was strapping it down on the trailer [Big Grin]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Well, can I give you advise. You ran your tires too hard. Look at the picture. I highlighted what I am talking about. You probably could have lowered them a few pounds, and probably picked up a second or two.
 -

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

very cool, thanks!

here's the other front for comparison:
 -

Also, this is after 30 runs because of having 3 drivers [worship] I love this car, lol.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

To make it easy if you plan to use those tires again. Next time right before you run out there, take white chalk or white shoe polish start at the lettering on the sidewall and mark a line up on to the tread on each tire. Check all tires preasures. Make sure they are all about the same. Depending on tempature outside I would start around 35-37 lbs. After you run first thing after you pull off, check preasures, and then note the wear lines you made. adjust from there. You have a decent tire, use it all. You want to wear to those arrows, that way you get the full side bite without comprising stability.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome bud...wish I was there for that one [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Dizzy
¯
Member # 884

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dizzy  Ford pictures for Dizzy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
next one is 4/9 to 4/10
alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwaysracin  Ford pictures for alwaysracin  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Figured I should say hello...
I was out there working course with Dizzy on Sunday.

Saturday I was co-driving Rick Gould's CSP miata and Sunday in Rob Boynton's GT2 Porsche. Didn't do amazing either days but it was a good time 90+ in a 4 wheel drift, Sunday.

Just got back from Maier racing, installed the door bars on the driver side, for my soon-to-be camaro-mustang-challenge 91 hatch. It will be out running most likely cp once or twice just for fun.

Talk to you later,
Scott Fraser

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

When are you running your next NASA event?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwaysracin  Ford pictures for alwaysracin  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm not sure when nasa is having their next event....

Scott Fraser

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by alwaysracin:
i'm not sure when nasa is having their next event....

Scott Fraser

Upcoming events.
We'll be in Buttonwillow on April 9-10. Sears point gets over crowded, plus we are sticking to the OTC. tracks for this year.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

I still need to get the shiatbox up to par... It is more than half-way to becoming a CMC car. It is still fun to daily drive although climbing over the door bars is getting annoying (customers at the shop dont have a clue what to think).

Still need that detroit locker... anyone, anyone?

Scott Fraser

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com