Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Well its done!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Well its done!
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Finally did the K and a arm swap. Man that was interesting. BIG BIG thanks to Botld GT (dan) you are the man.

Not sure if any of you can help, but we did a 3/4 forward offset MM a-arms, now on SN95s does that cuase the front tires to rub the front bumper under full turn? Mine just touch it, is this normal?

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't know you guy's were finishing this tonight. You should have called me. The truck decided it wanted to overheat tonight, so now I have a project for tomorrow. I think the lower radiatior hose decided it didn't want to be part of my truck anymore.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bumper or fender liner? Sometimes you have to heat that bubble up with a torch on the fender liner and push it in to clear the tire on the one side.

[ February 03, 2005, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: mtbaughs ]

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya since i have the cobra front bumper, catcehes the very bottom tip that sticks back into the wheelwell opening.

Sorry Jesse, we thought you were still busy with your grandpas car.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
ya since i have the cobra front bumper, catcehes the very bottom tip that sticks back into the wheelwell opening.

Sorry Jesse, we thought you were still busy with your grandpas car.

Some cars it will rub the fender and some will just get the liner. That is normal. You have to tweak them a bit to get clearance. Be sure to check it under load also.

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it's just the lip that sticks back towards the inside of the car just cut off the portion that it rubs on. It sounds like its in an area that won't be seen unless your head is under the fender. You shouldn't need to do this but on fox bodies with the front track pushed forward this is necessary to do to get clearance with a decent size tire.

-

[ February 04, 2005, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: mtbaughs ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

I'll take a picture today and show you.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com