Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Laguna Seca 1-21-2005 with Speed Ventures!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Laguna Seca 1-21-2005 with Speed Ventures!
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Friday at Laguna Seca on January 21st, 2005

Price: $330 one day

Instruction:Included in School group, or + $30 per day in other groups

Duration: 1 day / 2 hours of track time per group!**

Track: The full track at Laguna Seca (Monterrey, CA)

Registration is open: http://www.speedventures.net/event_forms.asp

Timing: There are currently transponders available for rental

Event Info:

Laguna Seca is a legendary 2.238 mile track in Central California, and one of the two most in-demand tracks in the west. Come out with us and you'll get the best track time per dollar value you'll see at Laguna. Test your skills on the world-famous corkscrew and compare your times to those set by the big names of ALMS, NASCAR, CART and the stars of yesteryear. Laguna Seca is a challenging course best suited to intermediate and advanced drivers.

Note: Noise Restrictions at Laguna Seca: We are happy to say that this is a 92db day (rather than the usual 90db day)! Basically a guy sits off to the right of the track and takes noise readings. If you go over the limit, you will be black flagged and told to go into the pits and figure out a way to quiet the car down. People with loud cars (RX-7's in particular) will need to make adjustments for this event. The most effective and easiest adjustment is simply lift off the throttle when you go by the sound station. Another option is to add a turndown to the exhaust, which you can do with a clamp-on. See this thread for more information.

There is no aftermarket rollbar requirement for this event.

*Novices in this case are those who have not driven on a track before.
**Note - Details of this event are subject to change.

Eric
copied from CC

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow thats spendy

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, pricey, but sounds kinds cool.

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
Wow thats spendy

No kidding. Does that price come with lube? [Eek!]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a ball, since I have never been on and official track yet anyone have suggestions on what track to start with. I have watched the CART indy car races there many times, love that track.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you never been open tracking, I wouldn't suggest there or sears for first time. Too easy to wrap the car up if you do something stupid. Go to Buttonwillow, or even Thunderhill for first events. THat way you can learn control, before you get on a track where you could kill yourself, or someone else. Not saying you have no control, just giving an opinion from seeing others on tracks.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, my buddy who races bikes likes thunderhill so I will try there.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

There is an event in Febuary with NASA. Its alot cheaper, if you are interested, I can get you more info on how to sign up. We will be up there with a few cars for that event too.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com