Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Griggs Heat Extractor Hood

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Griggs Heat Extractor Hood
KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know of someone who would want to part with this hood? I know they used to offer a hood that bolted to the stock hinges. Any info would be great thanks. [patriot]

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

You mean this one? If so I think they still sell it. This is the expensive version of their two as it's their carbon fiber model. The fiberglass model is cheaper

[ December 06, 2004, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: mtbaughs ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1992gtdrop
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do they have hoods for fox bodies?
:
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1992gtdrop:

Not that I know of

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1992gtdrop:

pretty cool hood huh?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

91GR40LX
¯
Member # 1329

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91GR40LX  Ford pictures for 91GR40LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I talked to John a while back, said they were still working with the hood guy on making one for the fox body, but to this day I don't think one is available. Plus your looking @ $1000 for a hood...

Plus, if your blown, you;ll probably end up cutting out part of the extractor to fit.

KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats the one! I've seen this hood in the flesh and I personally think it's better looking than the Saleen hood. I think John was the guy I talked to about a year ago and he said that they used to offer it in the "hingeable" version but, since there wasn't a huge demand for it they only offer it in the lift off version. Thanks for the pic. [patriot]

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
soflarick
Member # 5402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for soflarick  Ford pictures for soflarick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steeda sells a heat extractor hood for Fox bodies in 2" and 3" cowl. I have a 2" hood. Nice quality and good price.

--------------------
1992 LX hatchback, Griggs, MM

Posts: 1 | From: South Florida | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com